The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Anyone applied for Accounting and Finance at Oxford Brookes?

Heyy

Anyone here applied for Accounting and Finance?! Have you made your decision on which uni to put as firm and insurance?

What were your offers made by Brookes?

Mine was unconditional!
Predicted BBB

Have you started looking at accommodation yet?!
Reply 1
Hi!
I am doing accounting and finance and have put Oxford Brookes as my firm, got an unconditional.
I've applied for my accomodation already, decided to put Clive booth as my first choice.

Original post by babitajades
Heyy

Anyone here applied for Accounting and Finance?! Have you made your decision on which uni to put as firm and insurance?

Mine was unconditional!
Predicted BBB

Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by BMWM3
Hi!
I am doing accounting and finance and have put Oxford Brookes as my firm, got an unconditional.
I've applied for my accomodation already, decided to put Clive booth as my first choice.

Oh cool! I'll probably apply for accomodation after exams finish- can't deal with deciding where it now. I think i'll probably choose Clive booth since it's close to headington. Still unsure though.

How you make your decision besides the money factor?

i'm glad i finally know someone doing the same course as me! ^.^ Whats your name? if you don't mind me asking? xD
Reply 3
Hi, I am the same person who answered before, I was having some problems with log in and I can't go to back to the account I created and respond from there.

My name is luci, what is yours? One of the reasons that made me choose clive booth was the location, the other accommodation located in headington is Cheney which has a 49 weeks contract and I am not sure if I am going to be in Oxford in the summer and it's really expensive.

Other reason that made choose clive booth is that I have actually lived in both Cheney and clive booth halls ( I did a foundation degree in brookes) and I know although Cheney is a good accommodation I prefer clive booth which is really nice as well and u don't have to clim the hill every time you came back from the city center ( both halls are very near the city center and I used to walk all to time from both of them to the city center). Last time I stayed in clive booth non-ensuite and because I didn't liked share the toilet and shower I put clive booth post grad and Clive booth ensuite as my first and second choices, both of them are going to be more expensive than the non ensuite one but they still are going to be cheaper than Cheney.

Hope my explanation is understandable and help u a little, I am glad to know someone from my course as well and hope to hear from u. Where u from and when will you know yours exams results? If u don't mind me asking.
Reply 4
My name is Jonathan, and yours?
I basically chose Clive mainly due to its location, since its only a bus away from Wheatley and walking distance from Headlington.
It was also quite hard to choose between Clive and Cheney because they are so similar.
Oh cool! I'll probably apply for accomodation after exams finish- can't deal with deciding where it now. I think i'll probably choose Clive booth since it's close to headington. Still unsure though.

How you make your decision besides the money factor?

i'm glad i finally know someone doing the same course as me! ^.^ Whats your name? if you don't mind me asking? xD
Reply 5
hi jonathan I am luci, did u applied to accounting and finance as well?

Original post by BMWM3
My name is Jonathan, and yours?
I basically chose Clive mainly due to its location, since its only a bus away from Wheatley and walking distance from Headlington.
It was also quite hard to choose between Clive and Cheney because they are so similar.
Reply 6
Yup :smile:
Original post by Luci93
hi jonathan I am luci, did u applied to accounting and finance as well?
Reply 7
hey, how are you? have you finished yours exam yet?
Heyy

Mine was unconditional!
Predicted BBB

Reply 8
Original post by Luci93
hey, how are you? have you finished yours exam yet?

Hey!! Ahh I'm stressed cause exams are still going on! :s-smilie: I have 3 more left; Maths (C3&4) and ICT.

Wbu? Have your exams finished?
Reply 9
ow I am sorry, no I don't have any exams to do because I finished school long ago, I am just really waiting for uni to start.

Hey!! Ahh I'm stressed cause exams are still going on! :s-smilie: I have 3 more left; Maths (C3&4) and ICT.

Wbu? Have your exams finished?
Heyy

Mine was unconditional!
Predicted BBB

what were your predicted grades?
Original post by mathsaddict1234
what were your predicted grades?

BBB
BBB

Do you have to have predicted grades equal to the entry requirements to get an unconditional?
Also, how can you actually get one?
Original post by mathsaddict1234
Do you have to have predicted grades equal to the entry requirements to get an unconditional?
Also, how can you actually get one?

to get an unconditional offer if not up to you. it's up to the university. you can only get one if the uni offers you one. Also, i didn't end up going to Brookes uni
to get an unconditional offer if not up to you. it's up to the university. you can only get one if the uni offers you one. Also, i didn't end up going to Brookes uni

did you have a strong personal statement?

also, where did you go instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending