The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
Saber :hugs: I know the feeling.

But don't beat yourself up, you have a lot going on right now.

Is there a chance to resit? If so could you get feedback on where it went wrong?

I emailed the professor and she said there's no resit possible but if I don't understand I should talk to her. I do understand I just don't remember the hundreds (literally) of terms, the whole class is basically just a huge memory test.

How's your job going?
Original post by Anonymous
Feel so pathetic and ugly :/
hate how i look and everything about myself, even hate myself for writing this cos i should just suck it up and get on with it but meh.

~Anon 1

:hugs: I agree with you (about myself). I admire you for actually posting it - even you're anon it can be difficult posting how you feel about yourself :redface: so you shouldn't hate yourself for writing this - you should be proud in some way? Idk if that makes sense. But I hope you feel a lot more confident about yourself in the near future.

Lots of love, :hugs:
Feel so pathetic and ugly :/
hate how i look and everything about myself, even hate myself for writing this cos i should just suck it up and get on with it but meh.

~Anon 1

I feel the same. But you're awesome and wonderful and so lovely. :hugs: I promise that you're not pathetic or ugly.
Feeling okaaayyy, managed to get some stuff off my chest which I'm glad I did. Got so much work to do though :/
X

Going to try my best to reply to you tonight sorry :redface:
:hugs: I agree with you (about myself). I admire you for actually posting it - even you're anon it can be difficult posting how you feel about yourself :redface: so you shouldn't hate yourself for writing this - you should be proud in some way? Idk if that makes sense. But I hope you feel a lot more confident about yourself in the near future.

Lots of love, :hugs:

:hugs:
You do? I always think it sounds pathetic and whiny cos ppl have like proper issues then there is just me :/
Thank you though lovely, and idk if that will ever happen always feel so self conscious tbh :/
Thank you lovely, same to you and goodluck with your work :hugs:

Original post by Airmed
I feel the same. But you're awesome and wonderful and so lovely. :hugs: I promise that you're not pathetic or ugly.

Awww Airmed but you're fantastic :frown: :hugs: and i'm not ppl think that but it is not true and im not fishing :/ and you haven't seen me though, im hideous :redface:
but thank you :lovehug: xx

Awww Airmed but you're fantastic :frown: :hugs: and i'm not ppl think that but it is not true and im not fishing :/ and you haven't seen me though, im hideous :redface:
but thank you :lovehug: xx

I know you're not fishing, lovely, but I mean it. :hugs:
:hugs:
You do? I always think it sounds pathetic and whiny cos ppl have like proper issues then there is just me :/
Thank you though lovely, and idk if that will ever happen always feel so self conscious tbh :/
Thank you lovely, same to you and goodluck with your work

I used to think the same, but it will. Don't worry. Yes I do and noo don't think like that. Everyone has their own problems and everyone's issues are real - its all just dependent on the person. :lovehug: Haha thank you :h:
Original post by Airmed
x

Haven't spoken to you for awhile, hope your okay lovely :hugs:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Haven't spoken to you for awhile, hope your okay lovely :hugs:

Hiya :hugs: Sorry, not been posting as much in here due to stuff. :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Hiya :hugs: Sorry, not been posting as much in here due to stuff. :hugs:

It's okay.. :hugs: Hey, you can always whatsapp me if you need a chat. :jumphug:

--

Not been sleeping very well at the moment. Couldn't face getting out of bed this morning. I phoned in sick for work because i felt so ****. How the **** do i explain things to my boss on my return? If its not a certain member of staff they're no going to understand at all.... :cry:
I don't know if spiders can be triggering but spoilered just in case...

Spoiler

Anon 6
Got a meeting on Thursday about moving into supported accommodation and have heard some bad things about it in general so I'm feeling a bit nervous. Even if it is really terrible I don't think I have much of a choice about it. I really need to move out and this will be my best option for doing so. I'm not even sure how much it will cost a month so I can't even do any budgeting. It is a shared flat with shared toilet and kitchen and shared living room so I doubt it will cost more than £400 a month but that is still half my income and food is really expensive here so I'm not sure how I'll be able to budget for everything. One thing is for sure if I do move out I'll have to give up smoking because it is far too expensive. I'm dreading how hard that will be. I smoke about 20 a day.

At least the accommodation is near to my family so I won't be moving hundreds of miles away.
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Got a meeting on Thursday about moving into supported accommodation and have heard some bad things about it in general so I'm feeling a bit nervous. Even if it is really terrible I don't think I have much of a choice about it. I really need to move out and this will be my best option for doing so. I'm not even sure how much it will cost a month so I can't even do any budgeting. It is a shared flat with shared toilet and kitchen and shared living room so I doubt it will cost more than £400 a month but that is still half my income and food is really expensive here so I'm not sure how I'll be able to budget for everything. One thing is for sure if I do move out I'll have to give up smoking because it is far too expensive. I'm dreading how hard that will be. I smoke about 20 a day.

At least the accommodation is near to my family so I won't be moving hundreds of miles away.

You will be able to get housing benefit to either help pay the rent or fully pay it depending on how much the rent is and your income :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
You will be able to get housing benefit to either help pay the rent or fully pay it depending on how much the rent is and your income :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, cool. I get so confused with benefits and stuff. Filling in the forms is a nightmare :smile:.

Thanks for the help :smile:. Hope you are well.
Feel so embarrassed. Got my OCD phrase stuck in my head when I was with friends last night, and was very bad at hiding my panic :/ alcohol is not my friend at the moment
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Ah, cool. I get so confused with benefits and stuff. Filling in the forms is a nightmare :smile:.

Thanks for the help :smile:. Hope you are well.

If you google local housing allowence for your area it will tell you how much a week is the maximum you are entitled too, i imagine you will only be entitled to the shared rate (single person under 25)
But like i say it goes on your income.

Also all shared housing is different and each person has a different experience. I know when my sister was in supported shared housing she liked it 80% of the time and they got her loads of support which helped her get back on her feet, and eventually into a half way house type situation where she was in her own flat but still had a key worker for support. Now shes in her own house and has my amazing nephew

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Thank you for the reply, hope you managed to sleep well :hugs:

-------

OCD and panics are high today. I was up most of the night tossing and turning, couldn't get comfy, cats woke me up, it was too warm etc and I ended up not waking up until around 2pm today and for some reason that set off a panic attack and then OCD kicked in and made me find faults (as in contamination based faults) in everything I touched, went to eat or drink, looked at etc so it made me through a lot of things in the bin which I know I'll regret once I calm down. My OCD hasn't been like this for a month or so. Its there every day but not as in my face as it has been today and some of yesterday. Just feel very tense, on edge and like I am waiting for something to happen be it a panic, another compulsion or something catastrophic. Been here before and I know I just have to try my best to sail through it and remember compulsions are only compulsions and that I don't have to give into each and every one of them but even if I do, I shouldn't beat myself up and that it'll pass.

Just gonna take it easy today and have a day in front of my laptop and go for a bath soon :yep:

No worries! I slept very well thanks! :hugs:

Aw im sorry to hear you had a bad day!
How were things after your bath? Did you manage to calm down a bit afterwards?
Hope youre ok today!
Original post by Ezme39
Feel so embarrassed. Got my OCD phrase stuck in my head when I was with friends last night, and was very bad at hiding my panic :/ alcohol is not my friend at the moment

Aw theres no need to feel embarassed!
Everyone has these moments and OCD is very hard to live with!
Youre doing very well!
Id hope youre ok! :hugs:
Feel like I annoy everyone :/
Think pushing people away accidentally should be my speciality.
No wonder i'm lonely tbh, suppose it is my own fault :/

~Anon 1

Latest