The Student Room Group

Feel emasculated as a guy living in a house with a female majority...

Scroll to see replies

wow no, you can't talk on behalf of all black people don't think you have a say in how they feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
That's probably what annoy's me the most though. I don't particularly like her best mate because she has lowly standards; put's herself about a lot, or almost certainly did. She did nude photoshoots while in uni and a string of other things- very promiscuous.

She isn't setting a good example to her mate (my partner)-- yet seems to command this superior voice of- 'well I'm a independent women I'll do what I want what are you going to do about it'. It doesn't work like that. She can't just **** who she wants, and be the hypocrite to men- preaching and such.

But thats the problem, a lot of these feminist types are very how can I put this *slutty* yet expect to be treated with the utmost respect and dignity at the same time, as though we should worship the ground they walk on for doing the very thing they condemn us blokes for doing.

Its a bit like the saying 'Do as I say not as I do'-- that is the only principle they play by and I bloody well hate that saying, my abusive Step-Dad used to use that one all the time. Used as a scapegoat all the time.

However, in response to your OP-- I guess that is one way to piss off them off. But I would not do that. I do love my partner.

It's because you love her that you should sleep with other women. They feel best when they know that their partner is desirable. Women might want a guy to be monogamous but they crave the guy with the harem. Most of them anyway. And anyway, you're not dumping her or falling in love with other girls. Are you?
Well it does sound like your partner's best friend can be sexist. In this situation I think that you can not hope to help her change so I would focus on what you can influence, like how much time your spend around her. It's a shame that you are sort of being pushed out of you own house however all in all you might be better off minimising contact with the friend. It doesn't sound like she has a great influence on your partner either but it's worth remembering that if this is a long standing friendship it might be putting your partner between a rock and a hard place. Talk with your partner about it!

IMHO no kind of prejudice is healthy.

I'm a 20 y/o woman, in case you're interested.
Original post by 41b
It's because you love her that you should sleep with other women. They feel best when they know that their partner is desirable. Women might want a guy to be monogamous but they crave the guy with the harem. Most of them anyway. And anyway, you're not dumping her or falling in love with other girls. Are you?

What utter claptrap. No self-respecting woman wants a promiscuous mate. The same would go for men, I would have thought.
Reply 24
Original post by Des_Lumières
What utter claptrap. No self-respecting woman wants a promiscuous mate. The same would go for men, I would have thought.

The women that I have interacted with, good girls and bad, all seem to have lost any semblance of self respect or self restraint upon (extreme) arousal.

So perhaps you've just never succumbed to a guy who truly arouses you.
Dude seriously get them some flowers or something and u can have sxx with both of them if thats what you really want. Go lie in her bed and show how male you are

Thats why women love money. Cos they know the man can get other women if he has money. Thats why women love men with money
I reside in a house with my partner and her best friend, and sometimes they can be very sort of sexist with their remarks.

Sometimes I think, in general, women can say things that emasculate and actively discriminate against men- in retaliation of the fact there is still a level of inequality in the world (and certainly historically). It's a bit like some black's still get very sort of defensive and play the victim a little bit and use history as a way of using off the cuff remarks.

Just to preempt, I don't really like or get a long with her best friend- so I guess this colours my views somewhat.

More specifically back to my point, her friend is very pro-feminist to the point she'll make jokes all the time about men being 'useless' they can't do this and that, they can' do anything without the help of a woman. Displays the stereotypical 'what would you do without us' attitude- which frankly pisses me off.

It's almost as though its acceptable to bash the male species, and make underhand remarks as though its socially acceptable- just because I so happen to be born a male doesn't mean I'm useless, I can't cook or clean or any of those things.

There is a joke and then its just blatant sexism- but because a woman has said it, it sort of automatically is okay, because well, us 'men' are useless. We're only good for making babies right? *sarcasm*

Sorry I digressed in my frustration. Anyhow, whenever they are in the house, and its the three of us, we watch t.v. shows and some of them are all about like 'independent women', 'liberalisation/ womens lib'- house-wifes that make degrading comments about their husbands and generally walk all over them. The minute the man says anything in retaliation, my partner and her best mate are 'huffing' and generally making remarks- and I'm just sat there boiling over with anger.

Its like one big entertainment show for them, there is value in laughing at the mans expense, some of you might think this is all jokey and its women having a laugh- but actually I take it rather personally.

It's somehow acceptable for women to point out a mans flaws, but its virtually nigh on impossible for a man to win an argument (certainly me with my partner & co) when it comes to gender roles or arguing the toss.

I'm just wrong 24/7.

I'm all for women's rights, but if that means women getting away with sexism- then I don't think its right.

I think a lot of the younger female generation have a chip on their shoulder and so feel the need to attack men, and group us all as sexist pigs. When the reality couldn't be more far from truth.

I'm not prepared to sit downstairs and listen to some tirade- bashing men and glorifying female supremacy and radical feminism.

Men have their roles, women have theirs- you don't like it sit down and stfu.

end. of. rant.

Real feminists uplift men and other people, not degrade them

What you seem to have encountered is a feminazi. I'm sorry about that :frown:
Original post by asdfaeth
wow no, you can't talk on behalf of all black people don't think you have a say in how they feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I know its wrong to generalise. I was merely likening the racial situation to the topic of equality/inequality arguments.
Well it does sound like your partner's best friend can be sexist. In this situation I think that you can not hope to help her change so I would focus on what you can influence, like how much time your spend around her. It's a shame that you are sort of being pushed out of you own house however all in all you might be better off minimising contact with the friend. It doesn't sound like she has a great influence on your partner either but it's worth remembering that if this is a long standing friendship it might be putting your partner between a rock and a hard place. Talk with your partner about it!

IMHO no kind of prejudice is healthy.

I'm a 20 y/o woman, in case you're interested.

She can be very sexist yes, the thing is, it can be very covert as well, and oftentimes its done overtly in my presence. Her friend is from a country where feminism was very sort of accepted and women are much more ideologically stronger- which of course I have no issue with- providing you don't use this and have an attitude with me.

I think its probably as much a personal issue I have with her, as it is the fact she's very offensive and sexist. She is very bohemian and liberal yet maintains this air of 'I'm right your wrong- I am a independent women- we have the vaginas'. And has actually joked about this, but I know given her attitude that it's nothing more than supremacy.

I do still have an influence in my partners life, so all is not lost and it seems to grow and other times in weakens, depending on who she's around.

Tbf to my partner, she has stuck up for me in front of her before, but her friend is very sort of dominant in a very laid back sort of a way. She rarely gets angry or aggressive, but has sly digs and its more psychological.

Like the other day-- nothing to do with gender but...-- I was washing the dishes (some of which were hers) and I'd been stood at the sink for a good 45mins. I didn't have to wash hers, but I wanted to because house was a mess-- anyhow...

...She comes in late evening, sort of barges past me- and rummages around in the drawer behind me for some pans to cook...she then makes a joke about how I'm washing the dishes and says "Oh I'll just be waiting for you to wash a pan for me so I can use it" in a derogatory and patronising manner, while stood right near my ear.

She's then like "Anytime now...waiting..waiting"-- at this point I laugh it off, and I'm just like "Don't worry its fine...give me a sec..." She replies: "I'm not worrying at all pahaha (laughs sarcastically)". As if to degrade me and tell me she doesn't give a damn. This was all done in front of my partner as well and my partner didn't even say anything too her- and I felt a bit pissed off afterward!

So in conclusion, its a personality clash and her sexism. Also, she is pretty envious of our relationship and has said some rather spiteful things in front of me and my partner. She's jealous even though she's with someone- my partners relative in fact. We all reside together too, so its not like she doesn't have the love of somebody else, she just doesn't want me to have her, or wants her to herself.
She can be very sexist yes, the thing is, it can be very covert as well, and oftentimes its done overtly in my presence. Her friend is from a country where feminism was very sort of accepted and women are much more ideologically stronger- which of course I have no issue with- providing you don't use this and have an attitude with me.

I think its probably as much a personal issue I have with her, as it is the fact she's very offensive and sexist. She is very bohemian and liberal yet maintains this air of 'I'm right your wrong- I am a independent women- we have the vaginas'. And has actually joked about this, but I know given her attitude that it's nothing more than supremacy.

I do still have an influence in my partners life, so all is not lost and it seems to grow and other times in weakens, depending on who she's around.

Tbf to my partner, she has stuck up for me in front of her before, but her friend is very sort of dominant in a very laid back sort of a way. She rarely gets angry or aggressive, but has sly digs and its more psychological.

Like the other day-- nothing to do with gender but...-- I was washing the dishes (some of which were hers) and I'd been stood at the sink for a good 45mins. I didn't have to wash hers, but I wanted to because house was a mess-- anyhow...

...She comes in late evening, sort of barges past me- and rummages around in the drawer behind me for some pans to cook...she then makes a joke about how I'm washing the dishes and says "Oh I'll just be waiting for you to wash a pan for me so I can use it" in a derogatory and patronising manner, while stood right near my ear.

She's then like "Anytime now...waiting..waiting"-- at this point I laugh it off, and I'm just like "Don't worry its fine...give me a sec..." She replies: "I'm not worrying at all pahaha (laughs sarcastically)". As if to degrade me and tell me she doesn't give a damn. This was all done in front of my partner as well and my partner didn't even say anything too her- and I felt a bit pissed off afterward!

So in conclusion, its a personality clash and her sexism. Also, she is pretty envious of our relationship and has said some rather spiteful things in front of me and my partner. She's jealous even though she's with someone- my partners relative in fact. We all reside together too, so its not like she doesn't have the love of somebody else, she just doesn't want me to have her, or wants her to herself.

Are you sure shes not a lesbian or something or maybe she has a crush on. She definitely has something against you and there must be a reason why. Because she seems to tease you on purpose.
Just don't spend time with your girlfriend when her friend is round. Or maybe tell your girlfriend that her and her friend are being really sexist. Maybe to make a point do the same thing she doing to her and give her a taste of their own medicine. Tbh can't stand women who claim to be feminists and want equality but they just switch the roles round instead of changing them.
Handle your issues. Don't bring Black people into it for random reasons, you idiotic racist bell-end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

More specifically back to my point, her friend is very pro-feminist to the point she'll make jokes all the time about men being 'useless' they can't do this and that, they can' do anything without the help of a woman. Displays the stereotypical 'what would you do without us' attitude- which frankly pisses me off.

It's almost as though its acceptable to bash the male species, and make underhand remarks as though its socially acceptable- just because I so happen to be born a male doesn't mean I'm useless, I can't cook or clean or any of those things.

If she was actually "pro-feminist", then she wouldn't have that attitude.
She's definitely more feminazi than feminist, and unfortunately there's not a lot you can do about it because it takes a very "special" type of person to be a feminazi... namely, their IQ matches their shoe size and they conveniently bypass any form of coherent reasoning and instead resort to appeals to emotion to back up their "arguments".

So yeah. Good luck mate, you're gonna need it.

Although if you really want to piss her off: next time she's going off of one, make the suggestion that feminism should be more intersectional/inclusive.
Nothing annoys them more than when someone comes across as more egalitarian than they.
Original post by Daddy Longlegz
Dealing with women 101:

1. Don't debate them

2. Make love

I'm going to take this attitude with men and see where it gets me lol
Original post by sund1ata
Handle your issues. Don't bring Black people into it for random reasons, you idiotic racist bell-end.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What he said was hardly racist, get over yourself.

If my boyfriends best-friend did that to me I would be EXTREMELY upset. It's disrespectful. I think you have every right to be upset, her best-friend sounds awful.

I'm for womens right, but equally for mens right. Men and women are supposed to work together, not create gender wars. Ugh it's a sad world we live in.
You need to man up dude, It's uni! living with people you don't really get on with is all part of it, if you have other friends in a boy house, go round theres and chill with them, and a house is just like a base for your stuff and to sleep if you don't get ****ed up and sleep on a sofa - living with your best mates is the icing on the cake, but as long as you're in a good location it's calm imo, in second year i lived in house with 3 girls (i was the only boy) very little similar interests, all they really talked about were people, so by end of first few weeks term i didn't really hang out with them at all and chilled with the people i wanted to hang out with and my housemates were just my housemates, but i think it worked, as long as you're not arguing it's fine, so just don't let it get to you, some people are just not worth it, but dude don't be posting on online forums - if you feel that strongly speak to them about it init.
Reply 38
That's probably what annoy's me the most though. I don't particularly like her best mate because she has lowly standards; put's herself about a lot, or almost certainly did. She did nude photoshoots while in uni and a string of other things- very promiscuous.

You claim to be all for women's rights, yet you have literally stated you dislike her because of her promiscuity. Perhaps you should consider why she has an issue with you. Having said that, she does sound bitter and unpleasant from the way you've described her, but I suspect there may be a reason for the way she acts towards you.
Unsure why you're tolerating her?

Stand up for yourself. She can rant about the patriarchy all she likes, but that doesn't excuse her from having to practice basic manner and common courtesy. Call her out on it.

If it's not something directly related to the living situation, have nothing to do with her.

At any rate, I suspect your gf will tire of it. My wife has a "friend" who is on record stating she outright hates straight white men as they are all sleezebags etc. Straight black men kinda suck as well, but not as bad. Gay/bi men are fine. Some people are just bigots and not worth your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending