The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by zaini101
what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

60 for an A
Original post by Yua
60 for an A

How can it be 60 for an a
Most people found it hard to finish the exam aswell as all those weird drawings of networks and error prone questions
Also 58 was an a last year and compared to this year that paper was a lot easier
Hey I'm unsure on a few questions
- for the critical analysis did anyone get 4 critical activities
If this is wrong then for the scheduling diagram how many marks max could I get
- the workers I calculated as 3.72 so said minimum of 4 workers is this right?
- for the presecdence table I didn't finish on time so could only do 5 arcs how many marks could I get for doing this ?
Does anyone here know how the modules combination work for AS?

I am doing Maths and Fmaths, so 6 modules in total. C1,2 M1 S1 D1 FP1

I know that c1 and c2 is definitely Maths-AS but how would EDEXCEL combine the other units ???
Original post by brokeins1

I know that c1 and c2 is definitely Maths-AS but how would EDEXCEL combine the other units ???

You cannot get a FM AS until you have done maths a level. so this year you would get an AS result in maths: C1+C2+ your highest from S1,M1 &D1.

Next year when you complete the maths a level, so C3+C4+another one, you will get the further maths AS grade. If you also do FM next year, you will get a full FM a level result which will be FP1+FP2+any others that edexcel don't put in your maths one.
Original post by brokeins1

They would also prioritise maths over further maths
Reply 1306
Original post by Waffles15
You cannot get a FM AS until you have done maths a level. so this year you would get an AS result in maths: C1+C2+ your highest from S1,M1 &D1.

Next year when you complete the maths a level, so C3+C4+another one, you will get the further maths AS grade. If you also do FM next year, you will get a full FM a level result which will be FP1+FP2+any others that edexcel don't put in your maths one.

what?
Original post by Yua
what?

what didn't you understand about that?

so are you saying that I wont get any qualification and/or any grades for the three modules ive done this year? how does that work?

Original post by splashywill

I don't think that's 100% correct - you may be having some confusion about cashing in, and how you can re-cash AS units so that they're rearranged again after you've done A-level Maths.
They would also prioritise maths over further maths

well, if it was for me to choose I would have set C1 2 S1 for Maths and FP1 D1 M1 for as FM that way I could get A in both. if otherwise I might end up with an A in maths but B in FM. ( I did very bad in s1 )

So the question is would they be generous to even consider this scenario, or would they just ignore FM units until I get my Alevel M ?? so confusing
Original post by SeanFM
I don't think that's 100% correct - you may be having some confusion about cashing in, and how you can re-cash AS units so that they're rearranged again after you've done A-level Maths.

could you elaborate on that please?
Reply 1312
Original post by splashywill

stop spreading misinformation, you're dead wrong.
My friend has a maths AS and further maths AS

Rubbish
Original post by iMacJack
Guys I am 100% sure the objective line was x+1.5y. There was a basically identical question in a previous paper & I worked it all out today at the end and it was definitely x + 1.5y

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you work that out?
Original post by Yua
stop spreading misinformation, you're dead wrong.

If you'll look i wasn't the person who posted that- just the person who said "what didn't you understand about that"
Original post by Lander_q
Hey I'm unsure on a few questions
- for the critical analysis did anyone get 4 critical activities
If this is wrong then for the scheduling diagram how many marks max could I get
- the workers I calculated as 3.72 so said minimum of 4 workers is this right?
- for the presecdence table I didn't finish on time so could only do 5 arcs how many marks could I get for doing this ?

omg sameI got 3.72 when I worked out the lower bound so managed to find four activities happening at the same time and said the minimum was 4 workersand I think the critical activities were four but I got 3 because I messed up part a :frown:
Original post by Student403
Rubbish

What did u get for the lower bound?
Original post by Arthi1
omg sameI got 3.72 when I worked out the lower bound so managed to find four activities happening at the same time and said the minimum was 4 workersand I think the critical activities were four but I got 3 because I messed up part a :frown:

Lots of people are saying there were 5 or even 6 critical so not sure You'll get method marks hopefully
Really need to see some a mark scheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending