The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
You were told to put the page in the exam booklet. You did this. You have followed the instructions you were given. You have been told that it is not a problem but that it is standard procedure. You should not therefore be worried any further about this. Your suggestion that exams officers are not competent because they are old is offensive.

You're right, It's not too much of a problem I guess.
Original post by aegonsconquest
To be honest, I'm worried about incompetency. Blunders are possible when you're dealing with 300+ exam papers a day and especially when you give this task to a 65+ year old exam officer ( yes, most of my school staff, and nearly all of my exam invigilators are quite old)

Just wow. You don't do yourself any favours. You are coming across as quite obnoxious.
Original post by 999tigger
Just wow. You don't do yourself any favours. You are coming across as quite obnoxious.

I'm far from obnoxious. If we're talking about the real life me and how I feel about this situation, paranoid may be a better word to describe me.

But thanks for the advice though (yesterday) I really appreciate the fact that most of the TSR community are extremely helpful.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm far from obnoxious. If we're talking about the real life me, paranoid may be a better word to describe me.

I'm going on what you posted. You arent interested in taking advice on here, you have no faith in your exam team, so the only option you have is to seek reassurance from, the exam board.
I'm going on what you posted. You arent interested in taking advice on here

Incorrect, I was interested in taking @hopingmedicinae 's advice and advice from a few other members who posted on here.

you have no faith in your exam team, so the only option you have is to seek reassurance from, the exam board.

It's not about having faith, It was a difficult exam paper and I do believe that any extra marks lost (due to a lost sheet of extra paper) would be detrimental to my grade.

I'm assuming you're way beyond your Alevel years (if not then I apologise and direct this to the other user above).

So you really don't understand (or perhaps forgotten) what it's like sitting a really difficult paper under stressful conditions (especially if you're an individual who is prone to panic a lot) whose mark could determine your uni place in such a competitive course at a competitive uni.

Anyways I'll be off. Thank your for your kind input in my thread. I apologise if I had offended you in any way.

Also, Please don't quote me back. Assume this thread is closed now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Incorrect, I was interested in taking @hopingmedicinae 's advice and advice from a few other members who posted on here.

It's not about having faith, It was a difficult exam paper and I do believe that any extra marks lost (due to a lost sheet of extra paper) would be detrimental to my grade.

I'm assuming you're way beyond your Alevel years (if not then I apologise and direct this to the other user above).

So you really don't understand (or perhaps forgotten) what it's like sitting a really difficult paper under stressful conditions (especially if you're an individual who is prone to panic a lot) whose mark could determine your uni place in such a competitive course at a competitive uni.

You're assuming quite a bit there. Those of us beyond our A level years have not only experienced what you are experiencing, but also exams at a much higher level, for much longer, and on top of that, a life of work and adult responsibilities, so it doesn't sit well to be told we don't understand. I have also spent 3 decades preparing students to sit these same exams and seen what they have done/felt. You are not unique in feeling anxious. You have not had a uniquely traumatic experience. You have not got anything to worry about because your situation is entirely routine. I suggest you find some kind of displacement activity.

Latest