The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by particlestudent
It does matter, this one was a positive ion though so you can use the left hand rule without any alterations. E.g. An electron moving vertically down has to be treated as a positive charge moving vertically up. :smile:

...it does matter then. If it's an electron your current finger should be in the opposite direction to the electron's velocity
Hi,
Does anybody know any good resources for the 6 markers, some model answers for the topics that could come up would be nice as I struggle quite alot with them
thanks
Original post by Nikhilm
True. How would an increase in the angle between plane of coil and field give a larger emf though? Because an increase could be anything, e.g. 35 degrees, and hence would always be less than 1 for costheta or sintheta

Parallel to the field you're not going to cut much flux per second but if you had it at an angle you could cut more flux
Original post by particlestudent
Sorry my bad I'm half dead, Q/C- should still give you the same proportion :biggrin:....
luckily

Haha yepp :tongue:
Need to smash the MC - got 23 on June 12 and 21 on Jan 13. What does the MC answer sheet look like because there's an extra sheet isn't there besides the section A question paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm starting to feel the panic slowly kick in lol
I've neglected physics for so long since my interview, and when I realised it was already 2 days before the exam lmao fml
Original post by C0balt
I'm starting to feel the panic slowly kick in lol
I've neglected physics for so long since my interview, and when I realised it was already 2 days before the exam lmao fml

Don't worry too much. If anything, focus and try and ace the multiple choice as there's lot of practice from old spec too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yo12345
Don't worry too much. If anything, focus and try and ace the multiple choice as there's lot of practice from old spec too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've consistently got 23 or so in my past papers but it's been so long since I last did MCQ, I'll need to do some tomorrow to get some speed back I guess
Original post by Cheesecake Ali

You can calculate the energy stored by the capacitor.

Power is energy divided by time.
anyone know what is likely to be the 6 marker?
Original post by Mattematics
You can calculate the energy stored by the capacitor.

Power is energy divided by time.

Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone please help me with MCQ Q7 of Jun 2015? is it really necessary to calculate l before we could find the final answer?

and also MCQ Q18 of Jun 2015

THANKS
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by blueberry389
can someone please help me with MCQ Q7 of Jun 2015? is it really necessary to calculate l before we could find the final answer?

and also MCQ Q18 of Jun 2015

THANKS

Q7 no you just divide the 1.42 time by root 0.37

Q18 work out the resistance using v=ir
then use the v=v(0)e^-t/rc
with 4.5 as v and 5 as v(0) because o the 10% thing, then rearrange for t :smile:
Quite a basic question but always forget, if you put a charge in an electric field parallel to the field lines, will it be affected?
Original post by Patrick Gekko
Quite a basic question but always forget, if you put a charge in an electric field parallel to the field lines, will it be affected?

Watch minute 12:15 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc8Vay7mRss&index=18&list=PL5D99A319E129A5B7

Basically if you put a charged particle in an Electric field it will move towards its opposite charge (so an electron will move towards the positive terminal)

However if you put a charged particle in a magnetic field nothing will happen.

Hope this helps.
What are the hardest past papers? Last day before the exam so I want to try the most difficult
Original post by Music With Rocks
What are the hardest past papers? Last day before the exam so I want to try the most difficult

June 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suspected as much, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending