The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Racoon
How do you join? What :smile:

The society :smile:
I don't know hahaha, I'm not even sure if I have. I thought you just contributed here and that was it. Hopefully someone will explain. :h:
Original post by Racoon
Its difficult because you need to remain on friendly terms in case you bump into one another in years to come or end up knowing mutual friends, and not get to a stage where you blurt all these hurts out because then a friendship can become unrepairable and awkward.

IMHO I would just be too busy to meet up (genuinely, or just say you are too tired/too broke etc to go out) and eventually, still being nice you will drift apart. Try and find another group of new friends, possibly at a different church, and get busy with them.:smile:

So stay nice but drift away......

Don't you think that would be lying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pride
Don't you think that would be lying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I did say 'genuinely' too busy.

IMHO I would just be too busy to meet up (genuinely, or just say you are too tired/too broke etc to go out)

So I don't think that is lying.

There are some people in life who drag you down continually. They don't want to be,lifted up, encouraged or anything, genuinely one of life's moaners.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but it isn't your duty to be their sponge.

Some people don't want to change. .

Keep praying for that person and love them when you see them but let the relationship drift out.

There is nothing wrong with that.

What would you do?
(edited 7 years ago)
1 Corinthians 13:4

Love is patient,
love is kind.

It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.

It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
Love never fails.

GOD IS LOVE.

Only knowing God in our heart and minds can produce the fruit above. If we don't have love we have nothing.
If God is love, why is there so much hatred.

Because God isn't religion, God is love.

This is the message of truth that is hidden by the enemy of mankind.
The message bible tells it like it is. In Ecclesiastes 12 it ends with....

Fear God.Do what he tells you.

And that’s it. Eventually God will bring everything that we do out into the open and judge it according to its hidden intent, whether it’s good or evil.
Jesus = God
Original post by Racoon

This is the message of truth that is hidden by the enemy of mankind.

It's funny how most of the hatred is caused by other false religions.

No one walking in the realm of Christ would ever have hatred towards another.
Original post by Calmness

Every person who takes their eyes of Christ does wrong.Yes, its only by obeying Jesus Christ's words that we see God and God's love.:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Racoon
Every person who takes their eyes of Christ does wrong.Yes, its only by obeying Jesus Christ's words that we see God and God's love.:smile:

Very very true.

God doesn't take pleasure in the punishment of the evil

http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/18-23.htm
Original post by Racoon
Well I did say 'genuinely' too busy.

IMHO I would just be too busy to meet up (genuinely, or just say you are too tired/too broke etc to go out)

So I don't think that is lying.

There are some people in life who drag you down continually. They don't want to be,lifted up, encouraged or anything, genuinely one of life's moaners.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but it isn't your duty to be their sponge.

Some people don't want to change. .

Keep praying for that person and love them when you see them but let the relationship drift out.

There is nothing wrong with that.

What would you do?

I know what you mean. It's difficult isn't it? We should serve others. We should be willing to lay our lives down for others. In practice that might mean being a friend to people whose personalities you don't actually like. i don't know if you've ever met anyone with some form of bipolar disorder, or some form of autism? I'm being very frank when I say this, but their personalities can be such hard work to get on with. It's draining. At the same time, it can be so damaging to invest so much time into people who don't care about you. The scriptures also say 'bad company corrupts good character.'

We could go beyond this and think about Christians and non-Christians. I personally worry a lot about whether I gravitate towards people with similar beliefs to me, and whether I'm not as interested as much as I could be in my friends who aren't believers like I am. Christians often fall into their exclusive cliques and Christian social bubbles. That's not good. I often think about how I could put more effort into my interactions with my friends who aren't believers. It's difficult because you can't have an unlimited number of close friendships, and because people naturally get close to people they have things in common with.
Original post by Racoon

The only problem with this is that God does desire religion from us. James 1:27 says 'Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.' There's no problem with religion. Religion has been given a bad name. The problem is mankind. The problem is man's sin.

So where does the rest of the hatred come from?

It depends what you mean by 'walking in the realm of Christ'. People sin you know. Sometimes believers do evil things too, you know.
Original post by Pride

So where does the rest of the hatred come from?

Certainly doesn't come from the Children of God.

Original post by Pride

It depends what you mean by 'walking in the realm of Christ'. People sin you know. Sometimes believers do evil things too, you know.

People walking with God Hardly ever sin is what I meant.
Certainly doesn't come from the Children of God.

So you think the children of God don't sin?

People walking with God Hardly ever sin is what I meant.

Hardly ever means they do sin sometimes. This is my point. We don't suddenly stop doing bad things because God's spirit is in us. People do wrong things. You cannot just blame the unbelievers. There are Christians in the world who show hatred sometimes. We are part of the problem with mankind too you know.
Original post by Pride
So you think the children of God don't sin?

Hardly ever means they do sin sometimes. This is my point. We don't suddenly stop doing bad things because God's spirit is in us. People do wrong things. You cannot just blame the unbelievers. There are Christians in the world who show hatred sometimes. We are part of the problem with mankind too you know.

No we aren't

I doubt all the evangelical pastors, Church leaders and Ministers are a problem with Mankind.
No we aren't

I doubt all the evangelical pastors, Church leaders and Ministers are a problem with Mankind.

Who causes suffering in our world? Is it only unbelievers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6117
This conversation :lolwut:
Original post by Aula
This conversation :lolwut:

What's your problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6119
Original post by Pride
Who causes suffering in our world? Is it only unbelievers?

Suffering ends when Jesus returns but in the meantime even suffering can work for your good if you are in his will.

So, if you want to make sense of life you will need to obey the gospel directives to:

repent: turn from your ideas (easy, they are leaving you alone, without God, not knowing wjat you need top now)

be baptised: bury "the flesh", identifying with Jesus' death for you

receive the Spirit of God: evidenced by speaking in tongues, a miraculous unlearned prayer language that God leadsas his children in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending