The Student Room Group

can i re-take my GCSE maths exam if i dont get a grade B?

if i am allowed to re-take, how much would it cost and do universities accept re-takes in GCSE because i heard that some universities prefer someone who got the grades first time
Reply 1
Original post by D.SHA64

if i am allowed to re-take, how much would it cost

do universities accept re-takes in GCSE because i heard that some universities prefer someone who got the grades first time

1) Yes
2) It depends on the exam board. I think it's usually £10-15
3) For the majority of universities, it doesn't matter how many times you re-take as long as you have the required grades. However, I have heard of some having a ''re-take ban'', but I think that's only for the really competitive courses.
they dont care about retakes at GCSE level theyre more strict on as/a2 resits
Reply 3
Original post by luciie
1) Yes
3) For the majority of universities, it doesn't matter how many times you re-take as long as you have the required grades. However, I have heard of some having a ''re-take ban'', but I think that's only for the really competitive courses.

Original post by Sniperdon227
they dont care about retakes at GCSE level theyre more strict on as/a2 resits

i want to do medicine in university
do you think some universities that are russell groups might allow me on the course if i have a retake in GCSE maths
Reply 4
Original post by luciie

The exam board charges around £30. The centre is likely to add on a charge for their admin and invigilation costs. Anything under £50 is a pretty good deal.
Original post by D.SHA64
i want to do medicine in university
do you think some universities that are russell groups might allow me on the course if i have a retake in GCSE maths

My friend retook his Eng Lang GCSE in year 12 externally, got an A and he now has two offers for dentistry.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
The exam board charges around £30. The centre is likely to add on a charge for their admin and invigilation costs. Anything under £50 is a pretty good deal.

ok great
i heard that it was £100 but i researched a little more and it also said around £50
Original post by Sniperdon227
My friend retook his Eng Lang GCSE in year 12 externally, got an A and he now has two offers for dentistry.

thanks amazing
you've just given me hope

Quick Reply

Latest