The Student Room Group

Chemistry Ocr Gateway c4 c5 c6

Any predictions on what is going to come up?
Original post by robyn2000
Any predictions on what is going to come up?

I predict....

C4: History of the atom, dot and cross diagrams, transition metals and water purification with the 6 marker being possibly the history of the periodic table/atom or some form of process such as water purification or the flame test.

C5: Empirical formula with percentage amounts, titration and indicators, acids and equilibrium with the six marker on the Contact Process or something about acids.

C6: electrolysis, emulsifiers, alcohols, ozone layer and fats with the 6 marker on fuel cells (advantages and disadvantages )or alcohols?

These are completely random guesses, most likely all wrong lol :biggrin:. Please don't rely on these because I don't really know :tongue:.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by leopard923
I predict....

C4: History of the atom, dot and cross diagrams, transition metals and water purification with the 6 marker being possibly the history of the periodic table/atom or some form of process such as water purification or the flame test.

C5: Empirical formula with percentage amounts, titration and indicators, acids and equilibrium with the six marker on the Contact Process or something about acids.

C6: electrolysis, emulsifiers, alcohols, ozone layer and fats with the 6 marker on fuel cells (advantages and disadvantages )or alcohols?

These are completely random guesses, most likely all wrong lol :biggrin:. Please don't rely on these because I don't really know :tongue:.

Thanks so much! I definitely agree with the equilibrium 6 marker as it wasn't on last years pape (there was only a few marks worth). Also electrolysis, as I can't really remember that being a major part of c6. Good luck!
Thanks so much! I definitely agree with the equilibrium 6 marker as it wasn't on last years pape (there was only a few marks worth). Also electrolysis, as I can't really remember that being a major part of c6. Good luck!

Good luck to you too:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i dont understand equilibrium
Reply 5
Original post by Lightning_xo
i dont understand equilibrium

Have you got the cgp revision guide? If you do, learn it from there. I have found it really useful!
Have you got the cgp revision guide? If you do, learn it from there. I have found it really useful!

No i dont have it :frown:

Thanks, it seems very useful

GUYS I FINALLY UNDERSTAND IT :smile:

Just hope theres not too many moles and equation questions like concentration.
Original post by leopard923
I predict....

well history of atom (briefly) came up last year, although i wouldn't be surprised if a longer question on it comes up. don't think water purification or flame test have ever come up so hopefully one of those

six marker always seems to be on equilibrium so i think this year they'll change it and go for precipitation reactions and how to get the solid dry precipitate

specimen paper (or 2013) was on fuel cell advantages and disadvantages, i'm thinking either CFCs or electrolysis with half equations

one of them is practically guaranteed to be a data analysis one actually thinking about the rest of the sciences so far
just hoping C5 has lots of calculations to boost my grade, really want A* haha
My predictions were....decent:tongue: how did you all find it? I thought it was ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I definitely screwed up the 6 markers (though the c4 one wasn't too bad) but overall that was not a good paper. I'm just glad that there was like nothing about electrolysis. I'm going to pray that I did ok on the other one to try and make up for it.
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I definitely screwed up the 6 markers (though the c4 one wasn't too bad) but overall that was not a good paper. I'm just glad that there was like nothing about electrolysis. I'm going to pray that I did ok on the other one to try and make up for it.

Best of luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply