The Student Room Group

Ramadan and Eid chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Exams2210
idk if its just the people i spoke to, but i realised how the hype about eid is actually kinda dying out. people are beginning to not care as much like before

I guess age is a factor too with these things. I remember being much more excited about events like this - whether it was Eid, my birthday, something else - when I was much younger. But now the novelty of those things have kind of worn off, if that makes sense.
idk if its just the people i spoke to, but i realised how the hype about eid is actually kinda dying out. people are beginning to not care as much like before

Yeah I think as you get older eid starts to become boring :frown:
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I know it's a bit early but what does everyone usually do on eid day? It's always interesting to see what different families do on eid day.

We usually just go to the masjid to pray (after showering and wearing nice clothes ofc) maybe stay for an hour or so to talk to friends and then we come back home and just eat biryani and that's pretty much it. When we used to have family here we used to visit them but they all left :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
I guess age is a factor too with these things. I remember being much more excited about events like this - whether it was Eid, my birthday, something else - when I was much younger. But now the novelty of those things have kind of worn off, if that makes sense.

yep definitely, i remember like the day before i used to get so excited and even on eid day and now i just don't care. i would be happy staying home watching netflix
Yeah I think as you get older eid starts to become boring :frown:

yeah its quite sad, the traditions are beginning to die out
I know it's a bit early but what does everyone usually do on eid day? It's always interesting to see what different families do on eid day.

My whole family and I go to the mosque, pray and listen to a talk. Then we go home get ready (whilst mum and dad cook a dish each). Then we go to grans where my whole fam will be with our dishes!! In the evening the children go out for dessert whilst the elders stay at grans for tea ect. Day 2 we go to the eid fair with all our friends and spend the whole day there :smile:. Day 3, count all the money i have be given 😂😂
Original post by Zara0526
My whole family and I go to the mosque, pray and listen to a talk. Then we go home get ready (whilst mum and dad cook a dish each). Then we go to grans where my whole fam will be with our dishes!! In the evening the children go out for dessert whilst the elders stay at grans for tea ect. Day 2 we go to the eid fair with all our friends and spend the whole day there :smile:. Day 3, count all the money i have be given 😂😂

i dont even get eid money anymore

Wake up early, have a shower, go to mosque, family gathering. I go to each of my uncles house and collect money :P
nah refuel myself with some cheeky Merciful Servants on youtube and PeaceTV

You know it!
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
You know it!

wbu, how do u feel about ramadan coming half way and finishing before u know it
wbu, how do u feel about ramadan coming half way and finishing before u know it

Sad, especially when this year I'm working and doing other things it feels like it's going way too fast :/. it's sad but again a sign you know, when the days feel like they're going way too fast.
eat sleep rave repeat :2euk48l::banana::bban::cheers::dancing2::dance:

Exactly! :party:
Sad, especially when this year I'm working and doing other things it feels like it's going way too fast :/. it's sad but again a sign you know, when the days feel like they're going way too fast.

yep, it scares me how quick the days go now, like college literally flew past and exams are coming to an end
yep, it scares me how quick the days go now, like college literally flew past and exams are coming to an end

Yeah exactly, it's going to go even quicker tbh.
Yeah exactly, it's going to go even quicker tbh.

qiyamah! need to perfect deen
qiyamah! need to perfect deen

you get meeeeeee
How long is everyone's fast? I'm from Northern Ireland and Sehri is at 02:43ish and Iftari is at 22:07 ugh.
Original post by Hussxni19
How long is everyone's fast? I'm from Northern Ireland and Sehri is at 02:43ish and Iftari is at 22:07 ugh.

That's the same length as mine - it's just that mine is from 2:28 to 21:47

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
That's the same length as mine - it's just that mine is from 2:28 to 21:47

Posted from TSR Mobile

And here I was thinking mine was long... :tongue:
Original post by Hussxni19

oh wow, and i thought my iftar was late at 9:30.
even though its long its not so bad coz im able to distract myself e.g. with exam. hows it like for u since ur one is really long

Quick Reply

Latest