The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

For the E/Z question I did four isomers, two which were E and two which were Z.
Later realised it was EE, ZZ, EZ.
Do you think there's any chance of a mark out of the four for labelling them correctly, like an error carried forward mark?

Also, on the rusting one I showed how OH- ions could form (2H2O + O2 + 4e- -> 4OH-), before showing the precipitations of Fe(OH)2 and Fe(OH)3, and formation of Fe2O3 xH2O - do you think it would harm my mark initially showing OH- formation? I realised after that it should not have been there because they said OH- ions are put into the solution.
Also - do you think it's likely the grade boundaries will be like last year, and be around 71/90 for the A*?
Could someone care to explain how the heck these energy level diagrams works??? I rather draw hess's cycle with arrows (like bottom) but mark scheme wants me to use this diagram (the reactions on the diagram, I copied from mark scheme, don't know how do you decide which one goes at the top? I thought the one's with the most positive enthalpy change but looking at the table they give us this is not the case) :/

thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Any f335 notes???
Poo poo chemistry is poo
Stressing about this exam. Currently done two past papers and have physics to prepare for on Monday :s-smilie:. Will be so glad when they are all over
Posted from TSR Mobile

Could someone help me interpret proton NMR spectra to find the structure of the compound? Should attach an exam question as an example?
the difficulty level of this exam isn't that bad compared with F334 but the biggest struggle for me is I lose focus half-way in exams (attempted this paper yesterday and fell aspleep half-way >.< ) considering the grade boundary is really high I can't afford to let this cost me some easy marks :/
Original post by Tajwar786
the difficulty level of this exam isn't that bad compared with F334 but the biggest struggle for me is I lose focus half-way in exams (attempted this paper yesterday and fell aspleep half-way >.< ) considering the grade boundary is really high I can't afford to let this cost me some easy marks :/

How do the grade boundaries range?
Original post by lyricalvibe
How do the grade boundaries range?

checked from 2015 till 2011/12 and the lowest raw mark for an A was 80 (2015 paper) that is really high and highest raw mark for an A is around 90's or close to 90's
checked from 2015 till 2011/12 and the lowest raw mark for an A was 80 (2015 paper) that is really high and highest raw mark for an A is around 90's or close to 90's

:cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 631
Just finished the 2015 f335 paper. Has anyone got the mark scheme please?
Reply 632
Could someone care to explain how the heck these energy level diagrams works??? I rather draw hess's cycle with arrows (like bottom) but mark scheme wants me to use this diagram (the reactions on the diagram, I copied from mark scheme, don't know how do you decide which one goes at the top? I thought the one's with the most positive enthalpy change but looking at the table they give us this is not the case) :/

thanks in advance :smile:

They always give those questions theres a specific way to do them but yu need to look in chem ideaa
Basically the arrow at the bottom for enthalpy change of solution will be up if its endothermic and down if it is exothermic also starting from the top of the enthalpy diagram the state symbols change from gas to aqueos to solid
I recommend looking at chem ideaa yu wont undersrand what i am saying lol
Reply 633
Guys i really need the f335 june 2015 mark scheme. Please help.
Can someone pleaaaase explain to me the last three questions (5e ii, 5f i and 5 f ii) of Jan 2012? I know someone's explained the 5eii but I just can't seem to get my head around it! Can someone help?!
Reply 635
Original post by wazza1
Guys i really need the f335 june
Send me ur email
Reply 636
[QUOTE="Mb145;65935178"]
Original post by wazza1
Guys i really need the f335 june
Send me ur email

I have just sent it
Posted from TSR Mobile

Could someone help me with June 2015 4c part iii?
Does anyone have any f335 frequently asked questions ?
Guys how many past papers have you done. I'm struggling.😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending