The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Spanish 2016

Scroll to see replies

On the translation, if there are numbers do we have to write the numbers out or can we just put the number? E.g if we had to translate '20 people' can we just write '20 personas' or do we have to say 'veinte personas'
Original post by lahigueraxxx
On the translation, if there are numbers do we have to write the numbers out or can we just put the number? E.g if we had to translate '20 people' can we just write '20 personas' or do we have to say 'veinte personas'

Usually if the passage uses numerical digits I use numerical digits eg. 20 but if the passage writes the number in words then I translate it into words
Original post by rachael_nc
Usually if the passage uses numerical digits I use numerical digits eg. 20 but if the passage writes the number in words then I translate it into words

okay cool - thanks! :smile:
Anyone else going into this exam cold? No prep done at all... too much maths to revise :frown: but my level of Spanish was great a month ago so I hope I'll be good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harina10
That's true - it's so tough to know what to revise for the essay because it can be so broad! How many quotes are you learning? Or how are you choosing which ones to learn?

Do we have to learn quotes? I've written several essays throughout the year and I never put quotes in them, but I have gotten pretty decent marks.
Is anyone doing Mar Adentro as the film?
Original post by queenaabb
Do we have to learn quotes? I've written several essays throughout the year and I never put quotes in them, but I have gotten pretty decent marks.

I was thinking this earlier I never use quotes and my teachers have never said you have to, I was looking at the mark scheme earlier and it just says you need evidence but not specifically quotes, but if other people are going to use them I think I might learn some quickly?
Reply 147
Original post by HazMusicPanda
Is anyone doing Mar Adentro as the film?

I am!
Reply 148
Original post by кяя
Anyone else going into this exam cold? No prep done at all... too much maths to revise :frown: but my level of Spanish was great a month ago so I hope I'll be good

Posted from TSR Mobile

SAME! I've barely had any time to do anything for spanish, maths has taken up so much of my time :frown: I'm gonna do so badly, I'm literally doing my revision the night before

You have to refer to the text/film but this doesn't necessarily have to be quotes, just using detailed explanations of an event or scene is just as good x
Original post by Fayeelizabeth
I was thinking this earlier I never use quotes and my teachers have never said you have to, I was looking at the mark scheme earlier and it just says you need evidence but not specifically quotes, but if other people are going to use them I think I might learn some quickly?

The mark schemes don't specify quotes, but I can't think of any better evidence. I personally think it'd be a waste of time to try and describe a scene and not have the point of the paragraph get lost. If I were you, I'd learn a couple of versatile quotes (about love, food and other key themes etc). But totally up to you :smile:
Original post by кяя

Posted from TSR Mobile

Night before revision here! I've been panicking about both bio and Spanish but decided that I could probably try get through the Spanish without revising but bio? Hell no.
Reply 152
Day before exam revision expert here. I've honestly gone through exams with this technique so far, and none of them went badly (below a B I think). I'm still thinking whether I should bother revising for spanish, as I have Core 3 from maths on Tuesday which I'm more worried about.
Also, anyone doing Lorca for their essay? :biggrin:
Original post by nopzor
Day before exam revision expert here. I've honestly gone through exams with this technique so far, and none of them went badly (below a B I think). I'm still thinking whether I should bother revising for spanish, as I have Core 3 from maths on Tuesday which I'm more worried about.
Also, anyone doing Lorca for their essay? :biggrin:

I have C3 on Tue too, C4 on Friday, and S2 on the following Monday. Like someone else said, I might be able to get away without revising for Spanish, but definitely not for maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 154
Original post by кяя
I have C3 on Tue too, C4 on Friday, and S2 on the following Monday. Like someone else said, I might be able to get away without revising for Spanish, but definitely not for maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, C3 and C4, I'm done with my applied module tho since I did S1 on Wednesday. I guess we could both study for spanish for 2-3 hours, then just do maths. ^^
Original post by nopzor
Yup, C3 and C4, I'm done with my applied module tho since I did S1 on Wednesday. I guess we could both study for spanish for 2-3 hours, then just do maths. ^^

I think the problem with Spanish is I don't know where to start. Like with maths it's obvious, you have questions you do them. It's easy to make a plan and do it. But with humanity-ish subjects it's more difficult. Wtf do I revise :frown:
Reply 156
Original post by кяя
I think the problem with Spanish is I don't know where to start. Like with maths it's obvious, you have questions you do them. It's easy to make a plan and do it. But with humanity-ish subjects it's more difficult. Wtf do I revise :frown:

Just grammar based exercises. Assuming you're okay with the vocabulary used for listening, just focus on grammatical structures and verb tenses to use in the written section.
Does anyone have the past papers for before 2010? I can't seem to find them anywhere online, been searching for ages
How do I avoid dropping silly marks in the listening and reading parts?

Whats your guys tips when it comes to the reading ones and it says to write (N) for not mentioned and (F) for false??? Sometimes I put down false when it is actually not mentioned and its silly to drop such marks!!
Original post by maddyrippon
Does anyone have the past papers for before 2010? I can't seem to find them anywhere online, been searching for ages

freeexampapers.com :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest