The Student Room Group

Road to A*A*A*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PlayerBB
Unit 4 Chemistry is done

Felt that the paper was a bit hard, I am soooo glad that I finished on time!!! My handrwitting was a little bad but hope it is clear enough!!

Biology unit 4 on Thursday

Ugh, don't know how I am going to finish all the past papers and the revision that I have!! Fingers crossed!

Nicely done! Good luck for Biology.

I have C34 on 21st :tongue:
Reply 321
Original post by SaadKaleem
Nicely done! Good luck for Biology.

I have C34 on 21st :tongue:

Thank you so much Saad!!

Good luck for the C34, I know you will smash it! :h:

Is it your last exam though ?
Reply 322
Biology unit 4 DONE!!!

I am finally done with it!!! (so relieved)

I don't know how I did, but I found the exam a bit hard, lengthy but not impossible! Had a bad handwriting so hopefully they will understand what I wrote. GLAD that I finished on time like seriously that was freaking me so much since I never finished on time in the past papers I used to solve at home. And I am so glad that I revised a little bit of As yesterday which actually benefited me a little for the exam

Chemistry unit 5 on 22nd and Biology unit 5 on 23rd

Ugh, don't even know where to start, so much past papers left for each, so much revision, the scientific article will also consume some time. Hope everything will go well
Hey! I know I am little late, but after reading many of the blogs, I decided to do my own to motivate myself.

My past
Well at GCSE i got A* A*AAAABB with an A* in Maths (194/200) and in Arabic (90/100) (I was 1 mark off an A* in Physics and 3 marks off in ICT) . Honestly at GCSE I was totally moving in the wrong direction, I had friends who didn't care about what results would they get so did I, until I have realized about 3 weeks before exams that I really want to study in the UK ( I am an international student) so I tried really hard in the last minute to cope with the subjects and ended up going to exams with just solving 3 past papers of each subject.

I was surprisingly impressed with my results and decided that I really have to work hard in year 12 so I did and got 3As at AS-Level in Chemistry, Maths and Biology

AS Exam Results

Spoiler

Now
so I started year 13 thinking I just have to cope with my teachers and do well as in AS but SURPRISINGLY I have found out that my school don't offer A2 chemistry and Biology anymore due to lack of students (actually there were only two) so I decided that I have to study them on my own

I have also decided that I need to do A2 maths in January to relieve some of the stress, and since my Maths teacher refused to give any help, I taught it to myself and did it
January Exam Results

Spoiler

My classmates always criticized me and told me that this year I will feel how to get a U like, it has left a serious impact on myself so I want to prove to them and to myself that I am capable of doing it

I want to get 3A* (After January results now I am aiming for A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively) because my parents don't have the capability to pay the full international fees + accommodation + living costs so I need to get 3A* to guarantee that my firm university will offer me a scholarship as it's really competent and so I can live my dream of studying in the UK and be proud of myself for a once.

I am so distracted and really scared that I won't achieve it so I made this blog to motivate me to follow my dream and not to give up!

June 2016 exams:

Spoiler

Dude, seriously. So much respect for you! Good luck and all the best. It's so easy for some people over here to take the opportunities they have for granted- you fully deserve to be here!
Reply 324
Original post by goatygoat
Dude, seriously. So much respect for you! Good luck and all the best. It's so easy for some people over here to take the opportunities they have for granted- you fully deserve to be here!

Thank you so much man like I truly appreciate every word you have just said!! :h:

Hopefully, I will be there next year and if I did the marks which I believe hopefully I will, I guarantee you that this would be the happiest moment of my life!!
Hope everything's okay, BB :smile: I thought that CHEM4 was fun! :tongue: Although I probably didn't do too well, it was pretty interesting.
Reply 326
Original post by Ayman!
Hope everything's okay, BB :smile: I thought that CHEM4 was fun! :tongue: Although I probably didn't do too well, it was pretty interesting.

Hey Ayman! Thank you and yeah everything's going approximately okay! What about you ?

Yeah it was weirdly interesting haha :tongue:, I don't know how I did though but surely better than Jan (omg that diprotic graph haha!!) And Nah, I am sure, you have smashed it :h:

How's CHEM5 ? (hopefully well)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey Ayman! Thank you and yeah everything's going approximately okay! What about you ?

Yeah it was weirdly interesting haha :tongue:, I don't know how I did though but surely better than Jan (omg that diprotic graph haha!!) And Nah, I am sure, you have smashed it :h:

How's CHEM5 ? (hopefully well)

Same - "approximately okay" is the best way to describe my situation. :lol:

Luckily I knew what to do on that graph! Probably lost a few because my sketch was disgusting and my volume scale was off. All in all, an okay U4.

CHEM5 is hard as crap lol. The IAL papers are so nasty...
Reply 328
Original post by Ayman!
Same - "approximately okay" is the best way to describe my situation. :lol:

Luckily I knew what to do on that graph! Probably lost a few because my sketch was disgusting and my volume scale was off. All in all, an okay U4.

CHEM5 is hard as crap lol. The IAL papers are so nasty...

Same here, "an okay U4 paper" :redface:

Lol, they ARE!!!! And yeah I don't get the point of making IAL papers hard!

Mate U5 is all nasty lol :tongue:
Same here, "an okay U4 paper" :redface:

Lol, they ARE!!!! And yeah I don't get the point of making IAL papers hard!

Mate U5 is all nasty lol :tongue:

That does not sound like that you are on course, aren't you? by the way did you follow my advices some weeks before?
Reply 330
Original post by Kallisto
That does not sound like that you are on course, aren't you? by the way did you follow my advices some weeks before?

I am doing okay I guess, because it could've have been a lot worse, like not on track but on an alternative route which hopefully is what does it need to get those A*

I have followed some of them, thank you btw, they were beneficial, I couldn't go to the bathroom or take as much as 5 minutes rests because I was running out of time but I did finish on time which I am quite happy about :h:
I am doing okay I guess, because it could've have been a lot worse, like not on track but on an alternative route which hopefully is what does it need to get those A*

I have followed some of them, thank you btw, they were beneficial, I couldn't go to the bathroom or take as much as 5 minutes rests because I was running out of time but I did finish on time which I am quite happy about :h:

Good to know that my advices were beneficial to you. Maybe you have the permission to leave the room for 5 up to 10 minutes to rest when you are in exam situations. If you have, you should do that when it is most urgently.
Reply 332
Good to know that my advices were beneficial to you. Maybe you have the permission to leave the room for 5 up to 10 minutes to rest when you are in exam situations. If you have, you should do that when it is most urgently.

Yeah Indeed!!
Reply 333
Chemistry unit 5 - DONE!!!!

Finally finished with this horrific unit!! The exam was pleasant, definitely easier than January 2016 which when I solved yesterday, I completely gave up.

Th exam had many tricky questions which unfortunately I have fallen for some!! Hopefully the grade boundaries won't be THAT high!!

Biology unit 5 - Tomorrow

Ugh, don't even know how I am going to revise it for today and I still have some papers left to do!
Chemistry unit 5 - DONE!!!!

Finally finished with this horrific unit!! The exam was pleasant, definitely easier than January 2016 which when I solved yesterday, I completely gave up.

Th exam had many tricky questions which unfortunately I have fallen for some!! Hopefully the grade boundaries won't be THAT high!!

Biology unit 5 - Tomorrow

Ugh, don't even know how I am going to revise it for today and I still have some papers left to do!

Take it easy: another obstacle which you were overcome. Every obstacle which you overcome is another step to your goal.
Hey! I know I am little late, but after reading many of the blogs, I decided to do my own to motivate myself.

My past
Well at GCSE i got A* A*AAAABB with an A* in Maths (194/200) and in Arabic (90/100) (I was 1 mark off an A* in Physics and 3 marks off in ICT) . Honestly at GCSE I was totally moving in the wrong direction, I had friends who didn't care about what results would they get so did I, until I have realized about 3 weeks before exams that I really want to study in the UK ( I am an international student) so I tried really hard in the last minute to cope with the subjects and ended up going to exams with just solving 3 past papers of each subject.

I was surprisingly impressed with my results and decided that I really have to work hard in year 12 so I did and got 3As at AS-Level in Chemistry, Maths and Biology

AS Exam Results

Spoiler

Now
so I started year 13 thinking I just have to cope with my teachers and do well as in AS but SURPRISINGLY I have found out that my school don't offer A2 chemistry and Biology anymore due to lack of students (actually there were only two) so I decided that I have to study them on my own

I have also decided that I need to do A2 maths in January to relieve some of the stress, and since my Maths teacher refused to give any help, I taught it to myself and did it
January Exam Results

Spoiler

My classmates always criticized me and told me that this year I will feel how to get a U like, it has left a serious impact on myself so I want to prove to them and to myself that I am capable of doing it

I want to get 3A* (After January results now I am aiming for A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths respectively) because my parents don't have the capability to pay the full international fees + accommodation + living costs so I need to get 3A* to guarantee that my firm university will offer me a scholarship as it's really competent and so I can live my dream of studying in the UK and be proud of myself for a once.

I am so distracted and really scared that I won't achieve it so I made this blog to motivate me to follow my dream and not to give up!

June 2016 exams:

Spoiler

you will be lucky to get Es this year.
Reply 336
Take it easy: another obstacle which you were overcome. Every obstacle which you overcome is another step to your goal.

Thank you Kallisto, definitely made me feel better :h:
Reply 337
Original post by 2016exams#easy
you will be lucky to get Es this year.

Nah, I don't think so.
Thank you Kallisto, definitely made me feel better :h:

Do my best to give you a better feeling. Even if I am just saying some words.
Reply 339
Do my best to give you a better feeling. Even if I am just saying some words.

Thank you Kallisto!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending