The Student Room Group

How to apply to sixth forms as a retaker?

I've completed my AS level exams and I'm fairly confident I didn't get the grades I wanted and am planning to retake the whole AS year at another sixth forms. I noticed the deadlines have passed and was wondering how I could apply to sixth forms. Are there any retakers here? How did you apply to other sixth forms? Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
you call up , have your gcses ready just in case too, probably best going to a college rather than a sixth form that has a high school in it
Reply 3
Original post by kellystudent
I've completed my AS level exams and I'm fairly confident I didn't get the grades I wanted and am planning to retake the whole AS year at another sixth forms. I noticed the deadlines have passed and was wondering how I could apply to sixth forms. Are there any retakers here? How did you apply to other sixth forms? Thank you!

you'd have to contact them yourself. If i were you'd, i'd contact local schools ( ring up/ email) and ask if they accept retake students
Reply 4
Look at all the colleges in your area, and apply/fill out the application forms and explain your situation (whether their 'deadline' has passed or not, you're likely to be at least interviewed). I did the whole process after results day however, so I'd recommend waiting until you at least know what your situation is before predicting your failure.
Original post by kellystudent

This was for colleges, but on Results Day I phoned up a different college and asked if they would accept me as a late applicant. Emailed them my grades, went in for an interview/induction thingy to show them the proof and here I am 2 years later about to finish A-Levels 😃

Quick Reply

Latest