The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
No worries! I slept very well thanks! :hugs:

Aw im sorry to hear you had a bad day!
How were things after your bath? Did you manage to calm down a bit afterwards?
Hope youre ok today!

The bath helped me sleep but my OCD is still sky high today. Finding it quite hard to function today with it but I just have to remember that it'll settle down soon and I've been here and worse with it before and got through it. Just hope I'm better for my bday on Saturday! Panics got in the way of my bday last yr and I don't want it to happen again this yr.

How are you today with your OCD? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a huge headache and my stomach hurts - can't not do any work though bc I've got **** loads of work to do! :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Aw theres no need to feel embarassed!
Everyone has these moments and OCD is very hard to live with!
Youre doing very well!
Id hope youre ok! :hugs:

Thanks :hugs: usually it's not a problem at all, and I feel disappointed with myself- even though I know that's ridiculous
The stupid psychiatrist didn't tell the GP to increase my sertraline so I embarrassed myself requesting for a new one. I'm so mad at her she's so useless. I'm seeing her on Thursday and I'm asking for my clopixol to be given in tablet form again. Since my last psychiatrist said he would put me on tablet form last year. If only he done it before I got changed to this *****. She never reduces my medication and if she does she waits 6 to 9 months to reduce it. I hate her I want my old psychiatrist he sympathetic to my needs. I just needed to vent.
Original post by Spock's Socks
The bath helped me sleep but my OCD is still sky high today. Finding it quite hard to function today with it but I just have to remember that it'll settle down soon and I've been here and worse with it before and got through it. Just hope I'm better for my bday on Saturday! Panics got in the way of my bday last yr and I don't want it to happen again this yr.

How are you today with your OCD? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im glad it helped you to sleep!
Aw im sorry to hear that :hugs:
It will settle down soon and then you can be happy like me for a while!
Youre a very strong young lady and are doing incredibly well to get through this!
Aw me too! Ill try to remember that and wish you a happy birthday!!
Aw that mustve sucked then! I hope it all goes well this year!

Im not too bad thanks! Ive had to wash my hands a few times but thats all really :hugs:
Yesterday wasnt the best though tbh.
Original post by Ezme39
Thanks :hugs: usually it's not a problem at all, and I feel disappointed with myself- even though I know that's ridiculous

That was me btw! I didnt realize it was anon!
No worries! You shouldnt feel disappointed! OCD is incredibly hard to live with!
Youre doing incredibly well! :hugs:
Original post by Indieboohoo1
The stupid psychiatrist didn't tell the GP to increase my sertraline so I embarrassed myself requesting for a new one. I'm so mad at her she's so useless. I'm seeing her on Thursday and I'm asking for my clopixol to be given in tablet form again. Since my last psychiatrist said he would put me on tablet form last year. If only he done it before I got changed to this *****. She never reduces my medication and if she does she waits 6 to 9 months to reduce it. I hate her I want my old psychiatrist he sympathetic to my needs. I just needed to vent.

Aw im sorry to hear that your psychiatrist isnt very good!
You shouldnt feel embarassed. They messed up and you need your medication!
Are you gonna request a change?
I sure hope you finally get it in tablet form! Liquid medicine sucks!
I hope you can get something sorted out soon!!!
Its good to let it out!
Been feeling so anxious today. Can't seem to pull myself out of this mood..
I'm the anon who posted about OCD before btw, figured I should probably sign off with something, so its not confusing!
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Got a meeting on Thursday about moving into supported accommodation and have heard some bad things about it in general so I'm feeling a bit nervous. Even if it is really terrible I don't think I have much of a choice about it. I really need to move out and this will be my best option for doing so. I'm not even sure how much it will cost a month so I can't even do any budgeting. It is a shared flat with shared toilet and kitchen and shared living room so I doubt it will cost more than £400 a month but that is still half my income and food is really expensive here so I'm not sure how I'll be able to budget for everything. One thing is for sure if I do move out I'll have to give up smoking because it is far too expensive. I'm dreading how hard that will be. I smoke about 20 a day.

At least the accommodation is near to my family so I won't be moving hundreds of miles away.

I don't mean to worry you, but I'm in supported housing, sharing everything except a bedroom with others, and have to pay £183pw. I would ask the question asap. You don't want to end up in the situation I'm in - have moved in, but HB application not accepted and no one I have asked can help me. Am stressed out of my mind because I have no money coming in at all and very little savings. Start the application and ask all the questions asap.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Aw im sorry to hear that your psychiatrist isnt very good!
You shouldnt feel embarassed. They messed up and you need your medication!
Are you gonna request a change?
I sure hope you finally get it in tablet form! Liquid medicine sucks!
I hope you can get something sorted out soon!!!
Its good to let it out!

Thanks and yeah I did ask for a change but they said that they need a letter from my psychiatrist before I can receive it. :smile:
How do you motivate yourself when you're failing?

Last week I was reading a chapter a day as well as doing all the online assignments. However, since getting the worst grade in class I've found it extremely difficult to read or do any work as I just feel like I'll fail again - which I realize is ridiculous because obviously I will definitely do badly if I don't do any work. :frown:
Original post by Indieboohoo1
Thanks and yeah I did ask for a change but they said that they need a letter from my psychiatrist before I can receive it. :smile:

No worries!
Ah right well that sounds like an awkward situtaion then. I assume youve got to get the letter from the psychiatrist?
Hi all! Really can't be bothered posting anon - I never know when someone tags me :s-smilie: But hi :hi: I'm anon 14 :tongue:
I'm so embarrassed my exams have caused me to have several breakdowns recently the latest one at the start of my English exam in front of my class and teacher. Everyone has been supportive but how do I stop worrying and stop feeling like if I don't get my predicted grades I have let everyone down? AllI seem to do is cry sorry for this long paragraph
I'm so embarrassed my exams have caused me to have several breakdowns recently the latest one at the start of my English exam in front of my class and teacher. Everyone has been supportive but how do I stop worrying and stop feeling like if I don't get my predicted grades I have let everyone down? AllI seem to do is cry sorry for this long paragraph

Its all about self belief. You need to begin believing in yourself. Its easier said than done, I know, but you need to start thinking positively and think you can do it so you can do it. Whenever I walk into the exam hall, I say myself 'Okay, tat. I can do it'. And I continuously say that till I believe that I can. I don't know if this helps and I apologise if it doesn't but I wish you the very best of luck for any coming exams:hugs:
Didn't know it was father's day until today.
Would be lying if i said i didnt care, i do just not about him. Wish i could have a proper father someone who is actually like a dad. Doesn't matter i suppose since he isnt even here rn, not that i want him to be he can **** off for all eternity for all i care.
Hope everyone else is having a nice day and that you appreciate what you have :smile:

~Anon 1
Original post by titfortat
Its all about self belief. You need to begin believing in yourself. Its easier said than done, I know, but you need to start thinking positively and think you can do it so you can do it. Whenever I walk into the exam hall, I say myself 'Okay, tat. I can do it'. And I continuously say that till I believe that I can. I don't know if this helps and I apologise if it doesn't but I wish you the very best of luck for any coming exams:hugs:

Thank you very much for replying : I will try very hard to believe that I can do it thank you for the good luck :smile: same to you of you have any exams I just hope I don't cry in the last one 😳
Didn't know it was father's day until today.
Would be lying if i said i didnt care, i do just not about him. Wish i could have a proper father someone who is actually like a dad. Doesn't matter i suppose since he isnt even here rn, not that i want him to be he can **** off for all eternity for all i care.
Hope everyone else is having a nice day and that you appreciate what you have :smile:

~Anon 1

So sorry to hear that :redface: :hugs: Tbh recently, I haven't had much respect for my dad either - it was my sister that forced me to give him a card.

I think you get a lot of support anyway - but if you'd like to talk about anything I'm here :yep:
Thank you very much for replying : I will try very hard to believe that I can do it thank you for the good luck :smile: same to you of you have any exams I just hope I don't cry in the last one 😳

That's no problem :smile: I have no exams left but I'm going to need all the luck I can get in life anyway :lol: - but thank you! You can do it - remember that it'll be worth it on results day :yep: :hugs:
I think I had my first ever episode of psychosis last night. I am so scared

Latest