The Student Room Group

Further Maths-20/06/16

Any predictions for this non calculator paper?

Scroll to see replies

how are you revising for this, i'm doing papers but they're all so hard :frown:
Reply 2
Same just doing past papers and it does seem hard. Hopefully, the paper isn't as bad!
Remember the grade boundaries are even lower than our self esteems! You'll do good ;D
Im just practicing trig identities! Tbh anything to do with trig in this exam, like remembering sin60 etc. I dont think (and I hope!) that its not as difficult as last years paper. As a guess I think there will be a question on limiting values on sequences. It hasnt came up for a while. Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by iLukeAi
Im just practicing trig identities! Tbh anything to do with trig in this exam, like remembering sin60 etc. I dont think (and I hope!) that its not as difficult as last years paper. As a guess I think there will be a question on limiting values on sequences. It hasnt came up for a while. Good luck to everyone :smile:

Thank you, I hardly no anything! :frown:
Original post by Speedbird129
Thank you, I hardly no anything! :frown:
dont worry about it :smile: As some advice, I would do some revision on coordinate geometry (equations of lines etc). These come up pretty much every year.
Im not sure if it's too late, but I would highly recommend going through a few of these videos: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznVNhS2GZAkS1s5AJcaloxsmvgHbvwab
Hopefully it helps
Original post by iLukeAi
dont worry about it :smile: As some advice, I would do some revision on coordinate geometry (equations of lines etc). These come up pretty much every year.
Im not sure if it's too late, but I would highly recommend going through a few of these videos: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznVNhS2GZAkS1s5AJcaloxsmvgHbvwab
Hopefully it helps

Ok, will do, thanks!
It's goddamn fantastic because we were all giggling in class because we had no idea what we were doing :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by MarcusThePotato
Remember the grade boundaries are even lower than our self esteems! You'll do good ;D

Tbh after the exam tomorrow, my self esteem will be even lower than the grade boundaries.

Is it just my school that hasn't taught any of it at all? I've been trying to self teach but it's really hard!

Also, does anyone have the clash with the B7 exam??
Original post by g3ob
Tbh after the exam tomorrow, my self esteem will be even lower than the grade boundaries.

Is it just my school that hasn't taught any of it at all? I've been trying to self teach but it's really hard!

Also, does anyone have the clash with the B7 exam??

I haven't done much revision yet D: my tactics are that if i don't know what to do on a question, factorize it as much as possible! I'm probably only going to get method marks right,
Reply 11
Original post by MarcusThePotato
I haven't done much revision yet D: my tactics are that if i don't know what to do on a question, factorize it as much as possible! I'm probably only going to get method marks right,

Haha that's my method too :wink:

If there's a graph question and I don't know what to do I'll just differentiate and hope for the best
Reply 12
Ok, will do, thanks!

Raw maths ultimate guide to further maths is also great, I prefer it to the jerry jam videos but I guess it's just personal preference :smile:
Original post by iLukeAi
Hopefully it helps

Thank You and goodluck to everyone!
:smile:
Original post by g3ob
Raw maths ultimate guide to further maths is also great, I prefer it to the jerry jam videos but I guess it's just personal preference :smile:

Thanks, I don't really want to watch those Jerry Jam videos as they are soo long. Better to have shorter videos which don't lose my attention! Good luck in your exams!
Reply 15
Original post by iLukeAi

instead of remembering them all individually, use the 2 special triangles. They can be used to work out 30, 45 or 60 of sin cos and tan.

http://www.zeihen.com/uploads/2/1/4/1/21413750/7718654.png?237
Hopefully it just wont kill me
Reply 17
Thanks, I don't really want to watch those Jerry Jam videos as they are soo long. Better to have shorter videos which don't lose my attention! Good luck in your exams!

Good luck to you too! I have b7, c7, p7 and further maths non calculator and calculator left until I'm free haha
Original post by g3ob
Good luck to you too! I have b7, c7, p7 and further maths non calculator and calculator left until I'm free haha

Exactly the same! 5 exams to go! Lets do this!
Reply 19
Exactly the same! 5 exams to go! Lets do this!

What's your school doing about the clash between maths and biology and physics?

I hope you do great! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest