The Student Room Group

Missed pill, HELP!

Hi, I am on microgynon 30 and have been for a little over a year and a half. I take it everyday around the same time. My last period started on June 1st and started it back on the 5th June. On the 9th of June (I think) I had diorrhoea and stupidly didn't take another pill. On the 11th I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, this never usually happens so I was put off pretty quickly and stopped, he did not *** inside me. I know I was stupid in not taking another pill or using a condom but I completely forgot I even had diarrhoea until two days ago. Should I take another pill now? I've taken them everyday since but I'm not feeling well at all. I dont poo everyday (sorry) but from Monday until Friday I pooed every single day which is unusual for me which makes me think something may be wrong. Usually when my period is here I do go to the toilet a lot more so I'm thinking maybe that one day where I may have lost the pill my body thinks it was a break? I've had cramping but no blood. I'm freaking out at the fact I could be pregnant but it's too early to know so will hold out until the withdrawal bleed. Anyone ever experience anything like this or have any advice? :frown:
Original post by User123user
Hi, I am on microgynon 30 and have been for a little over a year and a half. I take it everyday around the same time. My last period started on June 1st and started it back on the 5th June. On the 9th of June (I think) I had diorrhoea and stupidly didn't take another pill. On the 11th I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, this never usually happens so I was put off pretty quickly and stopped, he did not *** inside me. I know I was stupid in not taking another pill or using a condom but I completely forgot I even had diarrhoea until two days ago. Should I take another pill now? I've taken them everyday since but I'm not feeling well at all. I dont poo everyday (sorry) but from Monday until Friday I pooed every single day which is unusual for me which makes me think something may be wrong. Usually when my period is here I do go to the toilet a lot more so I'm thinking maybe that one day where I may have lost the pill my body thinks it was a break? I've had cramping but no blood. I'm freaking out at the fact I could be pregnant but it's too early to know so will hold out until the withdrawal bleed. Anyone ever experience anything like this or have any advice? :frown:

At this point I m afraid it's too late to do much except wait it out,sorry.
Original post by User123user
Hi, I am on microgynon 30 .. On the 9th of June (I think) I had diorrhoea and stupidly didn't take another pill. On the 11th I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, this never usually happens so I was put off pretty quickly and stopped, he did not *** inside me. .. Anyone ever experience anything like this or have any advice? :frown:

Microgynon 30 is a combined pill and missing one isn't as much of an issue as missing a progesterone only one. You also actually took the pill on that day, so it may have been absorbed before the diarrhoea, and he didn't come inside you.

The stress isn't helping with your symptoms, but it's really unlikely that you're pregnant.

As mentioned, you're past the deadline for emergency contraception. It's very likely that you'll get the withdrawal bleed as usual, by which point a pregnancy test would confirm that you're not pregnant.

Quick Reply

Latest