The Student Room Group

Further Maths-20/06/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g3ob
What's your school doing about the clash between maths and biology and physics?

I hope you do great! :smile:

We do the science first at 9 and then further maths straight after? What about you and thanks, I'm sure you'll do great too! :smile:
Mine are clashing to. Don't know in which order I'm sitting them in.
Reply 22
Original post by Speedbird129
We do the science first at 9 and then further maths straight after? What about you and thanks, I'm sure you'll do great too! :smile:

I think I'm doing further maths in the morning and science in the afternoon, but we have to hand our phones in and sit with invigilators until the afternoon so we don't get answers from people
Original post by g3ob
I think I'm doing further maths in the morning and science in the afternoon, but we have to hand our phones in and sit with invigilators until the afternoon so we don't get answers from people

That doesn't sound interesting. So you are sitting for around 3 hours doing nothing?
Reply 24
That doesn't sound interesting. So you are sitting for around 3 hours doing nothing?

We're revising science, and we can talk to each other and eat and stuff.
Original post by g3ob
We're revising science, and we can talk to each other and eat and stuff.

Ok, not as bad as I thought but it is a little pain having to wait to do your exam in the afternoon? Nonetheless you will be absolutely fine!
Reply 26
Ok, not as bad as I thought but it is a little pain having to wait to do your exam in the afternoon? Nonetheless you will be absolutely fine!

Yeah it is a bit haha, especially on the Friday. Thank you, as will you!
Reply 27
Does anyone know the grade boundaries?
Original post by g3ob
Does anyone know the grade boundaries?

Last year, overall out of 175 marks it was the following:

C - 39 marks
B - 60 marks
A - 82 marks
A* - 111 marks
A^ - 140 marks
Reply 29
Original post by g3ob
Tbh after the exam tomorrow, my self esteem will be even lower than the grade boundaries.

Is it just my school that hasn't taught any of it at all? I've been trying to self teach but it's really hard!

Also, does anyone have the clash with the B7 exam??

I have both B7 and the further maths paper back to back. I'm so scared i'll be brain dead by the time further maths starts :frown:
Original post by mawy
I have both B7 and the further maths paper back to back. I'm so scared i'll be brain dead by the time further maths starts :frown:

Same here
What annoys me is that all these clashes happen. Do examboards go like "oh look there's these two exams that people are likely to sit both, but we have to make sure nothing clashes with *insert rare gcse* because it's very important".
And both our further maths clashes!
I have a clash on Friday with further maths and physics p7. Overall though, I've been quite lucky given that I'm using five exam boards!
I have a clash on Friday with further maths and p7 physics. Overall though, I think I've been quite lucky with clashes given that I'm using five exam boards!
Good luck today everyone, here's to hoping we get enough method marks for a grade haha (or at least that's my tactic)
how did u guys think it went? i thought it was quite easy but thats just me
Original post by dan1yar18
how did u guys think it went? i thought it was quite easy but thats just me

I would agree, very easy. The only question im concerned about what where you were given sin was root 11/6, and you had to work out the cosine of it, did anyone get 5/6?
Original post by iLukeAi
I would agree, very easy. The only question im concerned about what where you were given sin was root 11/6, and you had to work out the cosine of it, did anyone get 5/6?

I got 5/6 using trig identities.
Original post by iLukeAi

Original post by drapplepilot
I got 5/6 using trig identities.

I got the answer as -5/6 since it did state the angle was obtuse so cos of an obtuse angle would be negative
Original post by nicktheman
I got the answer as -5/6 since it did state the angle was obtuse so cos of an obtuse angle would be negative

Yes I have heard thats the correct answer. Hopefully I will only lose one mark for it, nothing more! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest