The Student Room Group

Work experience

I'm 16 and plan on doing work experience after my GCSEs. Will I need to do a CV? If so what do I need to put in one as I'm totally clueless?
Thanks in advance
Yes you will need a CV. If you have no prior work experience at all, put things like extra curriculars and school positions that show a range of skills (e.g. if you play team sports, talking about that will show teamwork skills, if you are some kind of class rep, that shows leadership etc.)
Original post by Frizzy one
I'm 16 and plan on doing work experience after my GCSEs. Will I need to do a CV? If so what do I need to put in one as I'm totally clueless?
Thanks in advance

It depends where you want to go I guess. I am gonna do mine at a hospital next week and that took a LOT of effort to get but I didn't have to hand in a CV as such. Just filled out a bunch of forms and hoped for the best in the application process.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
It depends where you want to go I guess. I am gonna do mine at a hospital next week and that took a LOT of effort to get but I didn't have to hand in a CV as such. Just filled out a bunch of forms and hoped for the best in the application process.

I'm looking for work experiance in schools/ childcare
Hope it goes well for you
Reply 4
Original post by wickedisgood
Yes you will need a CV. If you have no prior work experience at all, put things like extra curriculars and school positions that show a range of skills (e.g. if you play team sports, talking about that will show teamwork skills, if you are some kind of class rep, that shows leadership etc.)

Thank you x I did a week of work experience in a primary school last year so, I'll include that. Is there any websites with example CVs?
If you look on Barclay's Life Skills website, there's a lot of handy stuff on there. It can help you with finding work experience, writing a CV, writing cover letters and stuff. It's really handy and you can tailor what's shown to you first to your situation, so in this case a school leaver looking for work experience.
Reply 6
Original post by chelseadagg3r
If you look on Barclay's Life Skills website, there's a lot of handy stuff on there. It can help you with finding work experience, writing a CV, writing cover letters and stuff. It's really handy and you can tailor what's shown to you first to your situation, so in this case a school leaver looking for work experience.

Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending