The Student Room Group

D1 Edexcel 2016 **Mark Scheme** unofficial - not complete

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brokeins1
imaginary version

Feel free to comment/add your own to complete it. It would be very much appreciated.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/316063702/D1

The question on trace table, t=0, it asked if X was even, if yes, X=X-1 y=y t=y+t, if no go to the next question does X equal 0. If no go round back up to if X is even, x=X/2 y=2y t=t, go round again until X equals 0, whatever t equals it is your output. Can't quite remember what I got, not sure if it was in the hundreda. Seconds part asked what value of X would be most appropriate, either 122, or a 1/2. Answer was 122, because if it was 1/2, your output could never equal 0. For the final part input 122 as X and y as 1/2, run through the trace table again, and state your output, got something like 61
Original post by orianag@hightown
What was the equation of the objective line??

People are saying
"maximise C=x+1.5y"
Original post by cookiemonster15
Screw my life.

Do you happen to know if you get follow through marks if you get the objective line wrong?

Well, I've checked some linear programming questions and mark schemes and most dont mention an ECF, so maybe not...
I've seen some saying 'accept attempt at objective line' but i have no idea, sorry
i had some trouble drawing one of the constraints. Can someone please explain how you would draw the line

-x+24y=24 (pretty sure it was this!)
(edited 7 years ago)
can anyone give a rough estimate on the grade boundaries for D1 this year?
Original post by Simi_xoxo
i had some trouble drawing one of the constraints. Can someone please explain how you would draw the line

-x+24y=24 (pretty sure it was this!)

When x =0 we get y=1

When y=1we get x=0
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rayilumoka
can anyone give a rough estimate on the grade boundaries for D1 this year?

Same as last year
Original post by ArafatQ
When x =0 we get y=24

When y=1we get x=0

x=0, y=1. Not y=24.
Original post by Craig1998
x=0, y=1. Not y=24.

Yeah sorry, early in the morning :smile:
Original post by ArafatQ
When x =0 we get y=1

When y=1we get x=0

That's just basically the same thing right? So (0,1) is one coordinate, what's the other?
D1 1606 ms.pdf

Here's the official Mark Scheme for anyone else like me looking in 2017. Found this thread on Google. Sorry to bump an old thread.

Quick Reply

Latest