The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

I used pencil for a few of the questions, such as dikstra's and drawing the activity network. Will the examiner be able to see it and mark it correctly?
Reply 1341
For the second part of the algorithm question when the inputs were 122 and 1/2, and you had to find the final output, at first I didn't realise what the algorithm did so I ran a trace table again on the paper, got the final output and then rubbed out the trace table so it wasn't confused with the actual algorithm from the first part of the question.

Would an examiner be able to see the faint lines and confuse it for the first question, so would I lose marks? Or is it not marked if its barely readable??
Original post by .T.
For the second part of the algorithm question when the inputs were 122 and 1/2, and you had to find the final output, at first I didn't realise what the algorithm did so I ran a trace table again on the paper, got the final output and then rubbed out the trace table so it wasn't confused with the actual algorithm from the first part of the question.

Would an examiner be able to see the faint lines and confuse it for the first question, so would I lose marks? Or is it not marked if its barely readable??

With Edexcel it would make no difference. They take the mark for the attempt that scores the highest.
Original post by 4nonymous
It did say 50%

My bad, I think I put 150 as well but Idk I think my mind just went blank when I tried to recall what I put down.

I think my objective function was something like 100x+150y=1500 but I changed it to 100x+150y=300 so my objective line was pretty small but I drew another one on but it was a lot lighter.
Reply 1344
I used pencil for a few of the questions, such as dikstra's and drawing the activity network. Will the examiner be able to see it and mark it correctly?

depends on the scanner used,

Yes they can see pencil as long as its standard HB or darker!
Reply 1346
Original post by Midgeymoo17
With Edexcel it would make no difference. They take the mark for the attempt that scores the highest.

Oh right I didn't know that, cheers
Original post by Strom

If they didn't see anything would they request the paper to be sent directly to the examiner or mark 0?
Original post by Windowswind123
If they didn't see anything would they request the paper to be sent directly to the examiner or mark 0?

If it's very faint they'd probably send the paper but if they can't see anything at all it's likely they'd assume that nothing was written
Original post by Strom

Yh I used a 2HB its just that some of it looked light and I didn't have time to go over it.
Yh I used a 2HB its just that some of it looked light and I didn't have time to go over it.

You will get no marks then for those written in pencil
Reply 1351
Original post by Pablo Picasso
I did shading for linear programming in pencil. I assume that if it doesn't show up, they'll give BOD
Original post by Pablo Picasso

but I was told that you're allowed to use a HB pencil
The scanners used are industrial standard - pencil will show up, even if it's faint. Of course, this doesn't mean it will be totally clear but it certainly won't be blank, and if they struggle to understand what you've drawn, it'll be flagged up review.
Original post by Yua
I did shading for linear programming in pencil. I assume that if it doesn't show up, they'll give BOD

For D1 you're specifically encouraged to do the entire paper in pencil.
It is also the only paper that every question can be done in HB pencil.
Original post by arch0wnz
How could it have been 1.5y when it said it was 40% greater? Surely it should've been 1.4? It would've been 1.5 had it been 50% greater capacity.

I am confident it said, 50% greater. If in fact it did say 40% then by all means it would be 1.4y. But I am certain it said 50%.
wasnt c=2x+3y ??? last question
Got my value of W wrong but all of my values right, thankfully I'll get follow through marks for my Gantt and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iMacJack
Got my value of W wrong but all of my values right, thankfully I'll get follow through marks for my Gantt and stuff
Posted from TSR Mobile

How many follow through can you get
The official mark scheme for this D1 is harsh. More than 3 workers on the scheduling
= 0 marks currently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending