The Student Room Group

Who's doing GCSE Further maths?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Can someone please tell me how to factorise 5x^2 + 4xy - 12y^2
Reply 81
Original post by mypetpikachu
Hopefully...I'll work for the second paper...I'll just wing this first one...

🏹🍆Never under estimate the power of a common pikachu🍆🏹

yeah same
Original post by BenMisi
yeah same

Yup...that's the right way forward to life...

Reply 83
Original post by F.SA
Can someone please tell me how to factorise 5x^2 + 4xy - 12y^2

Factorise first without the y:

5x^2 + 4x - 12

The answer will be similar with a couple of added 'y's. See if you can work it out.
Reply 84
Me, I'm rather unprepared since I missed out of getting an A* in my January Maths iGCSE by 1 mark, so I sat it again. As a result I had minimal time to focus on Further Maths :frown:
Me... but I haven't really prepared.
I done most of it in the first module of A-level Maths, lucky lol. Need to revise at least 1 hour, can't do past papers :angry: no time need to revise for Chemistry.
Original post by notnek

5x^2 + 4x - 12

The answer will be similar with a couple of added 'y's. See if you can work it out.

xD nice, easy way of putting it.
I did some papers today after a long time. I can't further maths anymore XD
Original post by PrinceKian
I did some papers today after a long time. I can't further maths anymore XD

Same here...that's a nice pun though..if it was meant to be a pun..lol...

Reply 89
Original post by notnek

5x^2 + 4x - 12

(5x-6y)(x+2y)

Is this right?
Original post by F.SA
(5x-6y)(x+2y)

Is this right?

Yes, that's correct :smile:.
Can we all agree between each other to try and make an unofficial mark scheme after tomorrow's exam? I'm willing to contribute but I'll need help :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Can we all agree between each other to try and make an unofficial mark scheme after tomorrow's exam? I'm willing to contribute but I'll need help :smile:

Yh sure...only problem is...most of my answers will be wrong...so I don't think you'd want my help...lol...

Original post by mypetpikachu
Yh sure...only problem is...most of my answers will be wrong...so I don't think you'd want my help...lol...

Well im not exactly promising mine will be amazing either, but seeing as how you're actually doing the course I'd say your answers will be worth considering at the least :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Well im not exactly promising mine will be amazing either, but seeing as how you're actually doing the course I'd say your answers will be worth considering at the least :smile:

Haha..,okay...I'll try and help..but no promises on even one of the questions being answered rightly by me...

I do further maths , for revision i went over some topics like factor theorem , nth term limiting values , calculas , matrices and all the trig stuff. I'm aiming for an A* but secretly hoping i can manage an A^* , i'll be willing to contribute to the unofficial mark scheme tomorrow :smile:. Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My chances of getting A*^ are all over.
Haven't covered half of the content.
Haven't done no past papers.
**** me.

HAVEN'T EVEN REVISED FOR CHEMISTRY.
Reply 97
Original post by Chittesh14
My chances of getting A*^ are all over.
Haven't covered half of the content.
Haven't done no past papers.
**** me.

HAVEN'T EVEN REVISED FOR CHEMISTRY.

I feel you, I'm having the same difficulty covering everything on the Further Maths spec :s-smilie:

However I'm also on AQA for Chemistry, so I've already done my exams :smile: Good luck with yours!
Original post by BW999
I feel you, I'm having the same difficulty covering everything on the Further Maths spec :s-smilie:

However I'm also on AQA for Chemistry, so I've already done my exams :smile: Good luck with yours!

Thanks lol.
My only problem is that I started revising for both of the exams today, so I haven't finished neither of the exam's content.
Chemistry is half done, Further Maths idek.
I'm on OCR for chemistry so that's this afternoon!!! And I have a clash for further maths so that's this morning, I get it early 😁

Quick Reply

Latest