The Student Room Group

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Same here. Was asked to provide some documents, though they did photocopied them on the day of my assessment.... See what happens next...
Reply 21
[QUOTE=agsss;65768657]Same here. Was asked to provide some documents, though they did photocopied them on the day of my assessment.... See what happens next...
Just received another email asking to bring original documents again to the same address had my assessment in Croydon. Honestly not too happy about it....
Reply 22
Hello agsss, I got a similar email to bring my original document again. Although the previous email was to bring the ones they do not already have, I would be taking every original documents for the group I fall into and make the team take the copies. They did apologise for the inconvenience but I would not be free to take my documents there until next week as I am presently away and back Friday night. We want the job, and at least we got it!
Let me know if you do go in this week and feel free to ask the team more questions about the actual salary and start time if possible.
Reply 23
Original post by lere
Hello agsss, I got a similar email to bring my original document again. Although the previous email was to bring the ones they do not already have, I would be taking every original documents for the group I fall into and make the team take the copies. They did apologise for the inconvenience but I would not be free to take my documents there until next week as I am presently away and back Friday night. We want the job, and at least we got it!
Let me know if you do go in this week and feel free to ask the team more questions about the actual salary and start time if possible.

Hey Lere,

I am actually going there tomorrow first thing in the morning. Picked every possible paper I could find in the house so they can photocopy them again. Will ask few questions. If you want to know something more specific let me know, so I can ask them.
Reply 24
Original post by agsss
Hey Lere,

I am actually going there tomorrow first thing in the morning. Picked every possible paper I could find in the house so they can photocopy them again. Will ask few questions. If you want to know something more specific let me know, so I can ask them.

So just dropped all the documents off. Was really quick. Didn't have a chance to ask anything lol because was told to wait in the reception while they took the photocopies. See what happens next.
Reply 25
A quick update guys.
I was asked to send my health declaration form which I did send off last week but had to send it off again.
Called DBS today and I was told my results were posted to my home address 3 days ago via 2nd class which I should get very soon.
Things are looking good and we should all start by July.
Reply 26
@ agsss , Oh wow agss, maybe if I come back early enough tomorrow I shall take mine in too. Well, thanks for the heads up. so they took copies of everything again right?
@ onomsky , well at least you passed the dbs so sounds good. and what dbs number did you call?
Hi Onomskky I'm a bit confused is the DBS form part of the section you complete with references on the civil service website or is there another external link that they send?

Also what is the DBS number you called to check on the progress?
Reply 28
Original post by Daydreamerrr
Hi Onomskky I'm a bit confused is the DBS form part of the section you complete with references on the civil service website or is there another external link that they send?

Also what is the DBS number you called to check on the progress?

Yes it is. Long questionnaire about reference and personal info is the dbs form.
Number is 0300 0200 190
Reply 29
I have called the dbs who have claimed they haven't received my application. That being said, I am sure the civil service haven't forwarded the dbs application as they are awaiting pre-employment checks first to commence, as I needed to take in more originals..
My DBS arrived today and after having a look at it every hope I had of receiving a formal offer went out the window. I'm so disappointed it's unbelievable. At this stage I can only see one thing happening which is my provisional offer of employment being withdrawn! All I can do is hope for the best but I have huge doubts about it...is there anyone else in a similar position or have any useful help or advice? It would be much appreciated.
Reply 31
Why do you feel this way, what happened. I am actually a little worried about receiving my dbs too
Original post by Niriden
Why do you feel this way, what happened. I am actually a little worried about receiving my dbs too

I have spent and unspent convictions that has unfortunately come back to haunt me. I declared my convictions on my application and at interview as well as provided a self disclosure statement, however I fear that this may not be enough after having a look at my DBS certificate. All I can do now is hope and pray! Because it is not looking good!

By the way why are you worried about your DBS? Are you in a similar position? Do you have any previous convictions etc?
Original post by Niriden
I'm worried because I had a police caution 3 years ago, although I've always declared it but I feel like when my dbs comes, it will be bad news

To be honest with you I highly doubt that a police caution from 3 years ago will have any impact on the outcome of your application or you receiving a formal offer considering that you have already declared it. As its a DBS check your caution will most likely appear and be filtered on to the certificate, however due to the amount of time that has elapsed since you've committed the offence (3 years) I highly doubt that they will take this into consideration. So basically the bottom line is you have nothing to worry about! I hope it all works out for us all.
Reply 34
Got my dbs today and it looks alright. @Niriden and @KottonKandi, the dbs result will have little or no impact on your application unless you send it to HMRC. Your employer has the final say and would decide if you get the job or not.
Anything from caution, warning or even fare evasion will come up on your dbs.
Have abit of faith by sending the result to HMRC, you never know fortune might smile on you.
Reply 35
Hi niriden, kottonkandi, wish you the best. Funny thing is I completed my dbs application, but when I called them they said they haven't received my application.I am guessing because I haven't sent in my original document then they haven't forwarded my dbs from the cs website, any inputs?
And would someone have to send the result to HMRC when one receives it, or wait till HMRC requests for it?
Reply 36
Well fingers crossed I hope we are all fine. I hope to share good news very soon.
Reply 37
You send the dbs certificate to Civil Service Resourcing BSS
Room BP3302
Benton Park View
Longbenton
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1YX.
Send the certificate asap because without it HMRC won't bother with your employment check.
Try calling DBS Tuesday as my forms got to them 2 days later after my call.
Reply 38
@ Onomskky, thanks for the information. Did you receive email from HMRC giving instructions for forwarding your DBS certificate to the above address or where did the info come from as to where to send the certificate?. I have still not even taken my original documents to the assessment centre as I have been away(not my fault, as they took copies of these documents on the day). I shall take them in tomorrow.
Thanks
Reply 39
The information on where to send your dbs to is on the attachment folder in your civil service account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending