The Student Room Group

Dresses for Yr11 prom?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bytheseasons

X

I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you wear, have a fanastic time, prom's always a great night:biggrin:
I bought a dress marked down from 400 to 140, and it was from a dress shop. All lilac sequins, and is gorgeous! I think anything over 150 is a bit too much tbh.
Original post by luciie
£0 :redface:

Original post by Starlight15
£00.00

ahh did you decide to not go or have decided to use already owned dresses?
either way, lucky you! :wink:

my purse is crying at the sound of those prices :O but i feel you i happened to have settled for the dress i bought which was a bit more expensive than i had planned but it was really the only nice one i could find :redface:

my purse is too :frown: lol, i couldn't find any others! i also needed a very small size and all the nice (and cheaper ) ones were too big for me :frown:
gah! where were you when i needed you! xD i really should've just consulted tsr before buying a dress it would've saved me so much money :tongue:

Awww, don't feel bad, haha. Chances are I still wouldn't be around because I was AWOL for a while!
If there's any way of hiding the tags, you could always try and make sure it's pristine and try to return it afterwards. :teehee:

Spoiler

Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
I'm sure you'll look great no matter what you wear, have a fanastic time, prom's always a great night:biggrin:

aww thank you! I do hope so :biggrin:
Reply 26
ahh did you decide to not go or have decided to use already owned dresses?
either way, lucky you! :wink:

I decided not to go, too much stress :tongue: Have fun at yours!
Original post by Rangzii
I bought a dress marked down from 400 to 140, and it was from a dress shop. All lilac sequins, and is gorgeous! I think anything over 150 is a bit too much tbh.

wow! sounds amazing :biggrin: sounds like a bargain too!
Mine cost like £60 and I thought that was far too expensive for a dress especially one that I never wore again.

One of my friends spent £2000 on hers tho :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazz_xox_
my purse is too :frown: lol, i couldn't find any others! i also needed a very small size and all the nice (and cheaper ) ones were too big for me :frown:

awww don't you worry! As long as you like the dress, it's worth it :smile: Have fun!
Original post by Mochassassin
Awww, don't feel bad, haha. Chances are I still wouldn't be around because I was AWOL for a while!
If there's any way of hiding the tags, you could always try and make sure it's pristine and try to return it afterwards. :teehee:

Spoiler

Aha that's great! Your mum is truly a miracle worker :biggrin:
Reply 31
Lots of people just wear a shirt and a tie and trousers ofc
Original post by luciie
I decided not to go, too much stress :tongue: Have fun at yours!

well you're not wrong i'm already worn out and i haven't even thought about hair and makeup yet! yikes. but thank you, will do!
I nearly got a vintage 80s laura ashley one which was purple (it was honestly nicer than it sounds I promise) which was £40, but it didn't feel quite right though I did like it (I watch far too much say yes to the dress). In the end I got one which was £90, my mum was not impressed, but my shoes were only £20 so maybe that makes up for it? My best friend already had one which was about £35 but when she came shopping with me she found one that she loved even more, but it was £110. I'm sure her mum must hate me for inviting her, but she ended up with it in the end!
Original post by nomophobia
Mine cost like £60 and I thought that was far too expensive for a dress especially one that I never wore again.

One of my friends spent £2000 on hers tho :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think i just choked. £2000 is crazy!
Original post by GoodGirlFaith
I nearly got a vintage 80s laura ashley one which was purple (it was honestly nicer than it sounds I promise) which was £40, but it didn't feel quite right though I did like it (I watch far too much say yes to the dress). In the end I got one which was £90, my mum was not impressed, but my shoes were only £20 so maybe that makes up for it? My best friend already had one which was about £35 but when she came shopping with me she found one that she loved even more, but it was £110. I'm sure her mum must hate me for inviting her, but she ended up with it in the end!

aw that's great! Sounds like you've both got great outfits for the evening :smile: Hope you enjoy it!
i think i just choked. £2000 is crazy!

Ikr!!! I almost fell of my seat when her friend told me - the friend was laughing so much because she bought her prom dress for £20 from h&m :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Ikr!!! I almost fell of my seat when her friend told me - the friend was laughing so much because she bought her prom dress for £20 from h&m :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg that is truly incredible xD
@1998RF @IfYouCanDreamIt @luciie @nomophobia @GoodGirlFaith

I've been looking at dresses too but most of the designs on the usual websites were meh for me. Then I came across this video and I saw this really beautiful dress. What do all of you think? Pretty?

[video="youtube;c-pPnjm66bU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-pPnjm66bU[/video]
I got my dress for £45 but as it was a size 10 I need to get it altered as I'm a size 6/8 which is going to cost another £20 perhaps? although my shoes were what shocked me slightly, they cost £80 and I was lucky to get £5 off because the lady in the shop was very nice. However I'm very happy with what they look like and couldn't imagine anything more perfect for me :smile:) hope everyone else has a fabulous prom night x

Quick Reply

Latest