The Student Room Group

which is the easyist and cheapst mtah exam paper

thx for answering
Original post by pringles321
thx for answering

In terms of.. what?
Are you a private candidate looking to do GCSE Maths? :h:
I don't know, to be fair. What IS the easyist and cheapst mtah paper?
Original post by SeanFM
In terms of.. what?
Are you a private candidate looking to do GCSE Maths? :h:

yh private candidatE
Original post by JW22
You should probably consider english exams instead

haha thanks for making fun of my disability

Ignore the other user.

I'm not sure about easiest, but for cheapest - ask around. The fees themselves - for example, AQA is £31.60 for the whole GCSE whereas Edexcel is £31.20 and OCR is 33.75 Whether a school adds on any charges.. I do not know, so best to ask them or a teacher here.
Original post by SeanFM
Ignore the other user.

I'm not sure about easiest, but for cheapest - ask around. The fees themselves - for example, AQA is £31.60 for the whole GCSE whereas Edexcel is £31.20 and OCR is 33.75 Whether a school adds on any charges.. I do not know, so best to ask them or a teacher here.

thx you
thx for answering

If you want to retake GCSE maths in November 2016 or summer 2017 then you can do the old specification. You could take any examiners papers, overall considering the questions AND the grade boundaries they are all of the same difficulty. I would advise sticking with whichever examiner you have done in the past as you are familiar with the style of their questions. Since these are the last opportunities to retake these old exams, you may find you are restricted in the choices available to you. The cost depends entirely on what the centre wants to charge, the exam fees are similar but centres always add on extra to cover their admin and Invigilation costs.

If you don't do the old specifications but choose to do the new 9-1 specifications then you can only guess which examiner would be best for you, again I'd tend to stick with the examiner you have done in the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
haha thanks for making fun of my disability

Firstly, let me mention that you will meet idiots like the one that commented on your English throughout your whole life.

Secondly, I would recommend an Examination Board that you are familiar with (e.g. If you have previously sat an exam). If you are not aware of the syllabuses then you will find that they are in the main very similar (IGCSEs are different). There are linear and modular differences also. Some have 2 GCSE exams (one non-calculator and one calculator paper) whilst others have 3 exams, although moving forward some are moving to three exams from two exams

At what stage are you at, have you studied GCSE maths? Are you home-taught? If you can give more information, then I am sure you will get some help here. If you wanted, you could PM me and I can offer more information.
(edited 7 years ago)
It depends on what you find easiest. We did edexcel iGCSE maths, which I found easy because it gave you all the formulas you needed - I am really bad at learning those. Have a look at some past papers on exam board websites to give you a better idea of how syllabuses differ between exam boards and choose the one with the least topics you find difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest