The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
history is actually interesting though - studying law is like studying a highly complicated, often hypocritical and dry rule book.
you can study what you want, but I'm trying to inform your decision-making here as somebody who both studied it at uni for a while and somebody whose only friends studying it do not find it fulfilling. I find my current degree fulfilling by contrast, for instance.

I've already made my decision :yes:

Do you study History now then?
Original post by Gingerbread101
I've already made my decision :yes:

Do you study History now then?

well, I guess just wait and see how you find the course
no, I studied history for a level though
I study politics now for uni - it involves a lot of history - the history of political institutions, for instance
Update 12/06/2016

I can't believe I'm almost finished with exams now!

The History exam was actually so so good, the questions were on African Americans, Women and Native Americans and I answered the Women and NA ones. The Women question was honestly the best question ever, it was the style of question that I love and it wasn't worded weirdly or anything. I think the essay I wrote for that is probably the best History essay I've ever done, and I'm so pleased with how that went. The Native American one was a bit more clunky, but I still think it did everything it needed to. According to one of my teachers, she thinks my History teacher had said I'd need 86% in the exam to balance out at 90% with my coursework, so I think an A* might just be achieveable.

I've had Friday and Saturday pretty much work free and feeling light as a feather after History, but now I'm getting back into revising for Lit and Lang again, and thankfully it's all coming back to me very easily. I think putting in that extra revision for the mocks has really helped.

Russia: DONE
Gen St 1: DONE
Gen St 2: DONE
Gen St 3: DONE
History: DONE
Gen St 4: 3 days left
Language: 3 days left
Literature: 5 days left
So many flashcards!

All 284 ish of my flash cards for History :lol:

I really want to keep them but I promise I'm not a hoarder...

How many exams do you guys have left?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Just 6 more to go now!
5 left
Original post by kennethdcharles
Just 6 more to go now!

Original post by Andy98
5 left

What is the date of your last one? :h:

7 left x
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

7 left x

Almost there :h:

27th June - FP2

Posted from TSR Mobile
E

June 24th, Physics P7 :smile: Only have 4 to go now, it's a shame because some of my friends have 1! But then some ave 6 :biggrin:
Reply 609
Update 12/06/2016

I can't believe I'm almost finished with exams now!

The History exam was actually so so good, the questions were on African Americans, Women and Native Americans and I answered the Women and NA ones. The Women question was honestly the best question ever, it was the style of question that I love and it wasn't worded weirdly or anything. I think the essay I wrote for that is probably the best History essay I've ever done, and I'm so pleased with how that went. The Native American one was a bit more clunky, but I still think it did everything it needed to. According to one of my teachers, she thinks my History teacher had said I'd need 86% in the exam to balance out at 90% with my coursework, so I think an A* might just be achieveable.

I've had Friday and Saturday pretty much work free and feeling light as a feather after History, but now I'm getting back into revising for Lit and Lang again, and thankfully it's all coming back to me very easily. I think putting in that extra revision for the mocks has really helped.

Gen St 4: 3 days left
Language: 3 days left
Literature: 5 days left
So many flashcards!

All 284 ish of my flash cards for History :lol:

I really want to keep them but I promise I'm not a hoarder...

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Looks like your exams are going great:h:

I've got 6 left and last is on the 30th... I'm in the last 4 exams my school does too.
Update 19/06/2016

After the last haul, I'm finally finished with all things A Level...

My Language exam went well, and while I don't think I included enough of one of the assessment objectives, I think I've got a solid A (which despite my target being an A*, is all I was really hoping for). I guess we'll see on Results Day whether I did manage to get an A*, but either way I'll be happy.

For Literature I really liked the paper and everything went smoothly! I'm hoping I did enough to get an A* in that.

Honestly, I really think doing this blog has helped me revise. I've revised way more than I ever expected to, and for the first time in my exams, I've gone in feeling confident and came out feeling like my revision has paid off. I don't think I've ever known so much about my subjects! This blog has really motivated me to study, even to the point where I'd think "I have to make sure I have something to post!"

Gen St 4: DONE
Language: DONE
Literature: DONE
Planning the rest of my holiday

I'm planning on getting back into bullet journal-ing to add some structure to my summer so I make the most of it.

Here's my first little plan for tomorrow and Tuesday, I hope you guys like it!

Now my studying has officially finished, I want to try and help you guys! Let me know if you want me to make any printables, to give you tips for motivation, whatever!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Update 19/06/2016

After the last haul, I'm finally finished with all things A Level...

My Language exam went well, and while I don't think I included enough of one of the assessment objectives, I think I've got a solid A (which despite my target being an A*, is all I was really hoping for). I guess we'll see on Results Day whether I did manage to get an A*, but either way I'll be happy.

For Literature I really liked the paper and everything went smoothly! I'm hoping I did enough to get an A* in that.

Honestly, I really think doing this blog has helped me revise. I've revised way more than I ever expected to, and for the first time in my exams, I've gone in feeling confident and came out feeling like my revision has paid off. I don't think I've ever known so much about my subjects! This blog has really motivated me to study, even to the point where I'd think "I have to make sure I have something to post!"

Gen St 4: DONE
Language: DONE
Literature: DONE
Planning the rest of my holiday

I'm planning on getting back into bullet journal-ing to add some structure to my summer so I make the most of it.

Here's my first little plan for tomorrow and Tuesday, I hope you guys like it!

Now my studying has officially finished, I want to try and help you guys! Let me know if you want me to make any printables, to give you tips for motivation, whatever!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Your soooo organised !!
Original post by nisha.sri
Your soooo organised !!

Thank you :hugs: I am be very organised with some things, but I definitely need to be more organised with others :giggle:
@Gingerbread101 how many wider reading references did you make? :awesome:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
@Gingerbread101 how many wider reading references did you make? :awesome:

I made 3 in each question :smile: how did it go for you? :h:
I made 3 in each question :smile: how did it go for you? :h:

I did two in the first and two in the second, so I got my minimum in. :tongue: I'm so happy, it actually went so, so well - I was so needlessly apprehensive about it. :nutcase:
Congrats for exams being over, and happy they went well. Just two left for me. :tongue:
I did two in the first and two in the second, so I got my minimum in. :tongue: I'm so happy, it actually went so, so well - I was so needlessly apprehensive about it. :nutcase:
Congrats for exams being over, and happy they went well. Just two left for me. :tongue:

That's good :yes:
I'm so pleased for you! :woo: :jumphug: you show them what you can do on results day :yes:

Thanks hun, I hope your last two go well :h: what are they?
That's good :yes:
I'm so pleased for you! :woo: :jumphug: you show them what you can do on results day :yes:

Thanks hun, I hope your last two go well :h: what are they?

Thank you so much! :hugs: They're both Law exams, first one on Tuesday. :colondollar:
I'm feeling pretty confident for it tbh. Can't wait to see the end of next week, though. :moon:
Thank you so much! :hugs: They're both Law exams, first one on Tuesday. :colondollar:
I'm feeling pretty confident for it tbh. Can't wait to see the end of next week, though. :moon:

I'm sure you'll be great in those too :woo:
I'm sure you'll be great in those too :woo:

Thank you again! :ahee: God, I hope I meet my offer - the literature thread did scare me a bit because I saw people discussing quite advanced concepts I had never covered in class... But I think it went okay regardless. :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending