The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 788emma
I think I had my first ever episode of psychosis last night. I am so scared

I'm so sorry to hear that :redface: Have you spoken to close ones about it? I think you need all the support you can possibly get rn - I understand it must be scary :hugs:
Guys, is it bad that I have no idea how I'm going to actually survive college tomorrow?

I feel like I'm about to go in for the first time all over again :cry2:
No one cares about me.
Original post by Anonymous
No one cares about me.

:hugs: even if no-one else does (which i doubt) people on this thread will :smile: x

~Anon 1
No one cares about me.

I know the feeling :hugs:
I sometimes feel like I'm not allowed to be ill. All I get is "Yasmin, why you in a mood and not wanting to do this or that with me?" when I'm sitting there drained as hell because all I have done all day is do compulsion after compulsion or had panic after panic and every muscle in my body hurts and is tense and even speaking seems like too much work. I'm too drained to be in a mood but people just see the lack of bouncy-ness as a mood and not the fact that I am bloody exhausted mentally, physically and emotionally during a setback and that I should take things slowly and not have to worry about putting on a front that I feel fine just to please others.

I often feel like those close to me, even Callan and my mum at times accept I have an illness on paper and accept the word but can't accept the symptoms and the reality of it. They expect me to spring back in an instant or that I'm not as drained as I say and one night of sleep will cure me. I know its not easy to care for someone who is ill, physically or mentally but grr, sometimes you just feel like you're hitting your head off a brick wall trying to explain yourself to people. 99% of the time they are great with me and my conditions but both of them are bad at thinking I can snap back from setbacks in a day or two because I've had so many over the years and I should be used to them by now.

Sorry for the rant, just one of those days. OCD and panics have been high and I'm just tired and I'm run down with ulcers and a dodgy gut which sucks :cry2:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Midnightmemories
Guys, is it bad that I have no idea how I'm going to actually survive college tomorrow?

I feel like I'm about to go in for the first time all over again :cry2:

why do you think you won't survive? :hugs:
No one cares about me.

myself and other people on this thread do :yep: What's up?
Original post by Sabertooth
How do you motivate yourself when you're failing?

Last week I was reading a chapter a day as well as doing all the online assignments. However, since getting the worst grade in class I've found it extremely difficult to read or do any work as I just feel like I'll fail again - which I realize is ridiculous because obviously I will definitely do badly if I don't do any work. :frown:

I think essentially it comes down to digging your heels in, gritting your teeth, and telling yourself 'This is not how I want this story to end'. It sounds cheesy, but for me it worked. At the start of my second year, I had a module in cell biology. There was 120 people doing the course, and our marks were put up in a lecture. I had failed and performed the worst out of everyone. By the end of the year, I had ended up with a bit of rubbish grade. I remember sobbing for 13 hours straight, convinced my world had fallen in on me. But, after a time, I dusted myself off, got up again, and became determined that my story would not end up like this. I ended up with a solid 2:1 for my degree. I had so many set backs, day after day after day. And it was so hard, but with every tough day, I dug my heels in and was determined that I was not going to finish with a rubbish grade. I wish I could give specific advice, but honestly, take it a day or hour at a time. Take it one assignment and one exam at a time. Every time you feel yourself faltering and telling yourself you cant do it, remind yourself that you are going to carry on. Day after day. You will get there.
Original post by ScaryScience
I don't mean to worry you, but I'm in supported housing, sharing everything except a bedroom with others, and have to pay £183pw. I would ask the question asap. You don't want to end up in the situation I'm in - have moved in, but HB application not accepted and no one I have asked can help me. Am stressed out of my mind because I have no money coming in at all and very little savings. Start the application and ask all the questions asap.

Thanks for the heads up :smile:. I'll certainly ask that question on Thursday. I don't know for sure if I am going to get the place until after the meeting anyway. That is an enormous amount of money for a shared flat per month.

I'll get the application started on Friday as soon as I've heard whether I'll get the place or not.
Feel like im having a major internal melt down.

I start a new job in a week, i still have nowhere to live so will be officially sofa surfing, iv burried my head in the sand with my debt, and im telling everyone im happy and coming across as happy when im not sure i am :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hate myself.
Thought that..

Spoiler

Sorry for posting on here too much :/
Original post by PandaWho
If you google local housing allowence for your area it will tell you how much a week is the maximum you are entitled too, i imagine you will only be entitled to the shared rate (single person under 25)
But like i say it goes on your income.

Also all shared housing is different and each person has a different experience. I know when my sister was in supported shared housing she liked it 80% of the time and they got her loads of support which helped her get back on her feet, and eventually into a half way house type situation where she was in her own flat but still had a key worker for support. Now shes in her own house and has my amazing nephew

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the tip on housing benefit.

Its cool that it really helped your sister. I'm hoping that it will let me get to the stage where I can move out independently somewhere at some point. That would make me really happy.
The feeling when you leave the forum for over a week and no-one gives a crap, not even those that are meant to be close to you.
In the town I grew up in I experienced a lot of negative things (harassment, stalking, attempted rape and mugging). I live in another part of the country now and I'm much happier there; however I miss my friends and family. I really want to go back for a visit to see them (I've spoken to them via Facebook and phone but it's not really the same) yet I feel really anxious and sick at the thought of going back there even for a short time :frown:
Had a good day or two.

Now why can't I be like that all the time, I haven't done anything any differently to a couple of days ago when I felt ****,

I guess if you dwell on the past/live in the future and have lots of thinking time that's when mood can drop.
Original post by Sabertooth
How do you motivate yourself when you're failing?

Last week I was reading a chapter a day as well as doing all the online assignments. However, since getting the worst grade in class I've found it extremely difficult to read or do any work as I just feel like I'll fail again - which I realize is ridiculous because obviously I will definitely do badly if I don't do any work. :frown:

Try not to think of others, and focus on what YOU want to achieve. My attitude is that every minute studying has the potential to be an extra mark :smile:
:hugs: even if no-one else does (which i doubt) people on this thread will :smile: x

~Anon 1

Original post by titfortat
myself and other people on this thread do :yep: What's up?

Well it's funny how no one replied to me when I posted as myself, but I get 3 replies when it's anonymous. Just proves my point really.
Well it's funny how no one replied to me when I posted as myself, but I get 3 replies when it's anonymous. Just proves my point really.

To be fair this is a fairly fast moving thread and some posts can get missed quite easily. And sometimes people dont know what to say to people or havnt been in a certain situation so dont have advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, just to echo what PandaWho has said. For example, people who post about bipolar or anxiety I can't help much with as I don't suffer from them. But if you post about personality disorders or voices, and in some cases of depression, I can help. :h:

Latest