The Student Room Group

C3 edexcel difficult questions

I need some more practice on harder c3 questions. Could someome post some they have found difficult.
Have you done all the international papers, solomon papers and the elmwood papers? You should try those out if you haven't.
Reply 2
Original post by arch0wnz
Have you done all the international papers, solomon papers and the elmwood papers? You should try those out if you haven't.

I have done the solomon papers but I need to do the IAL papers.
do the IYGB papers (paper s and t (i think) are the hardest)
Reply 4
Original post by BinaryJava
I have done the solomon papers but I need to do the IAL papers.

Do the IAL papers then.
I need some more practice on harder c3 questions. Could someome post some they have found difficult.

20160620_005753.jpg
How do you get from top to bottom

Here's the original question
Attachment not found
Reply 6
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
20160620_005753.jpg
How do you get from top to bottom

Here's the original question
Attachment not found

1. Please don't hijack people's threads. Create a new thread for your question.

2. You know that 2 sin x cos x = sin 2x. So sin x cos x = 0.5 sin 2x. So 1/(sin x cos x) = 1/(0.5 sin 2x) = 2/sin 2x.
Original post by Zacken
1. Please don't hijack people's threads. Create a new thread for your question.

2. You know that 2 sin x cos x = sin 2x. So sin x cos x = 0.5 sin 2x. So 1/(sin x cos x) = 1/(0.5 sin 2x) = 2/sin 2x.

Hijacking?? I already knew the answer, thought the OP wanted questions we found tough, so I shared the tough part.
Reply 8
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Hijacking?? I already knew the answer, thought the OP wanted questions we found tough, so I shared the tough part.

Ah, apologies. I thought you were asking for help. You might want to share questions in a more accessible format, such as a link to the paper or the likes.
Original post by Zacken
Ah, apologies. I thought you were asking for help. You might want to share questions in a more accessible format, such as a link to the paper or the likes.

No worries, I agree it wasn't the best format to present it in.
Can someone explain how to do june 2013 q3b?
Can someone explain how to do june 2013 q3b?

From part a we know that tan2theta=1/2tan40

If you type 1/2tan40 into the calculator you get 0.4195..
I personally let 2theta = y just to make it clearer to myself

Inverse tan(0.4195..) to get value then use the CAST diagram to calculate theta values! Hope that makes sense if not I will post a photo of my solution
Reply 12
Has anyone got c3 edexcel 2016 answers please???

Quick Reply

Latest