The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indeterminate
Awww :console:

Personally, I think being sensitive is definitely a good thing. People will inevitably say/do stuff to hurt you but it's all about recognising that you have more important things to be getting on with (i.e your life/future). :yes: Easier said than done, I know :s-smilie:

Ah the future. The word I despise the most :yes: and something I'll probably never have, I feel tempted to write a novel or a song but I'll probably do an Adele and become so depressing
Original post by fatima1998
we kept tagging you for "drawing" thing but you didn't come :bawling:

I will do soon :lovehug: and I can't draw anyways :tongue: plus I got some random reps from posts I made anyways ago and mentions in other threads lol
Original post by Rhythmical

See I have considered it but then it would mean I probably couldn't finish the subjects I'm doing now and although I hate them, I wouldn't want to not complete them. One more year couldn't hurt me at all I'm sure.

Some places you can carry on A2 at different sixth-forms/colleges, still doing the same courses. If it's a different exam board they convert it or something. So if you really hate it, and can't stand it, you can leave.
But if you're staying you know you've worked hard and your good results will be enough to shut them up :smile:
Good luck! :hugs:
Feeling down but hoping life gets better when college starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah the future. The word I despise the most :yes: and something I'll probably never have, I feel tempted to write a novel or a song but I'll probably do an Adele and become so depressing

:noway:

There's always hope, whatever the weather :yes: :hugs:
Original post by RobML
If anyone has the capacity to look down on another for having confidence and the ambition that results from that, it's anyone's guess who's going to go further in life. That is just an idiotic, regressive mindset from them.
Not falling into anything half-heartedly is not "messing up" at all. I think it's a sign of maturity to thinkabout what'll fulfill you in the long-term rather than what is easier to do in the now; you take your time and I promise things will work out. I still had no idea about the direction of my life after taking a gap year and being halfway through a uni degree I wasn't all that sure about. Now I've taken a step back and have gotten somewhere where I know I want to be, and all that time of deliberation hasn't really affected me negatively at all. If working towards bioscience is what you want to do, then do that.
And about friends, until starting uni again last year I can honestly say I've never actually had what I'd call a proper friends group- everything prior was like it was forced as if I needed to consider them friends as a social necessity, but of course you can't force these things and we've completely drifted apart. At my current uni I've made a great group of friends who I've opened up to more than any others and I couldn't be happier with that situation. You can do the same easily.
I think the advice weaving its way through all of this is the cliched "believe in yourself", and of course, persevere!

Aww Rob I appreciate this :hugs: and this is why I wanted to rant at you because you speak sense and sort of understand what I'm going through with the whole gap year stuff and starting a degree later in life, sometimes people tell me that I'll be too old or I should choose now or just give up. No one does the same job forever or have the same routine, some people end up undertaking a degree after years of being in a career they fancy a change in.
I will do soon :lovehug: and I can't draw anyways :tongue: plus I got some random reps from posts I made anyways ago and mentions in other threads lol

neither can i :rofl: my drawings are awful :lol: you should've seen it :facepalm: random reps :innocent: its good - even though i got some during my week off :innocent: but it didn't count :bawling: trying my best not to take my life off from TSR :toofunny:
Original post by Eternalflames
Some places you can carry on A2 at different sixth-forms/colleges, still doing the same courses. If it's a different exam board they convert it or something. So if you really hate it, and can't stand it, you can leave.
But if you're staying you know you've worked hard and your good results will be enough to shut them up :smile:
Good luck! :hugs:

I'll stay to shut them up and prove a point lol :tongue: thank you

Original post by Indeterminate
:noway:

There's always hope, whatever the weather :yes: :hugs:

If it's like the British weather then I have absolutely no chance whatsoever.
Original post by fatima1998
neither can i :rofl: my drawings are awful :lol: you should've seen it :facepalm: random reps :innocent: its good - even though i got some during my week off :innocent: but it didn't count :bawling: trying my best not to take my life off from TSR :toofunny:

We shall have to play maybe one day :biggrin: and a break is a good thing, I've spent my time doing my school work and playing the Sims and I have nearly reached 7,000 posts or have done and that is such a bad thing.
I'll stay to shut them up and prove a point lol :tongue: thank you

Great ideat! :biggrin: Make a start and who knows what will follow :ahee:

If it's like the British weather then I have absolutely no chance whatsoever.

:rofl:

Hey our weather isn't that bad at all y'know :tongue:
We shall have to play maybe one day :biggrin: and a break is a good thing, I've spent my time doing my school work and playing the Sims and I have nearly reached 7,000 posts or have done and that is such a bad thing.

maybe tomorrow when someone tag you on that thread :yep: OMGGG sims :shock: i was obsessed with that game :lol: but not anymore :sad: i still have it in my phone but dont play it :bored: ermmm 7008 actually :rofl: just checked it for you :tongue:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Biggest game in NBA history in 30 minutes!

I'm excited but I've felt more nervous. Mainly the Super Bowl and when Ray allen made that **** for the Heat. Genuinely cried lol
Original post by Malevolent
I'm excited but I've felt more nervous. Mainly the Super Bowl and when Ray allen made that **** for the Heat. Genuinely cried lol

Not an NFL fan but wow that Ray Allen moment was beautiful. Very emotional agreed. That Miami team will be universally loved I think. (Except for Cavs fans lol)
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Not an NFL fan but wow that Ray Allen moment was beautiful. Very emotional agreed. That Miami team will be universally loved I think. (Except for Cavs fans lol)

Yup it was amazing. Was like 2.30 in the morning or 3.30 and I just shouted holy **** at the top of my voice. Didn't even care. More satisfying then the title that Wade brought us in 2006
Not great, at the moment. Might go back to my therapist just to make sure things don't get too **** :redface:
Original post by bluebookie
I hate my freaking size 7 feet -.-
If I was a smaller size, then I wouldn't be bleeding, ffs
I stepped onto a glass cup, that was upright and pretty much crushed it. Didn't notice the blood till I went to my room and saw my toes covered in di blood
If I had been size 5 or something, my foot would have hit the spot out of the way of the cup, but my big feet just had to smash it like an satsuma,

-oh well, what are baby wipes for? (makeshift bandages :lol::lol:)

Size 7 is pretty normal/ average. Probably just a little bit above average.
Hope your foots ok?
Distraught.
Original post by Binary Freak
Distraught.
over?
Anxious .
urgh.

Latest