The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Economics Unit 3 (ECON3) 20th June 2016 OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Should I revise:
a) labour markets
b) all the business aspects of economics

Have 5 exams this week and literally no time to revise :frown:, also can someone help me out with government intervention vs leaving it to he market forces please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 221
Original post by cutelady
Should I revise:
a) labour markets
b) all the business aspects of economics

Have 5 exams this week and literally no time to revise :frown:, also can someone help me out with government intervention vs leaving it to he market forces please

Posted from TSR Mobile

im sure you know a couple policies that the government could implement to make a market more contestable ( tax, price max/price control, privatisation etc) and the argument for leaving it to the argument is simply that market forces will respond to the inefficiencies of a firm, if it isn't dynamic efficient then consumers might get bored of the same products and an evaluation of this is that if it is a necessity then consumers are forced to deal with it. another point for market forces is that of creative destruction which is that if a firm is not efficient then it means that it will eventually get run out of business by more efficient firms but this is in the long run.
How's everyone organising timing?
Reply 223
How likely is CBA to come up
Fookin v likely mateeeeee
Reply 225
i honeslty doubt that id write an essay on CBA as there isnt that much to talk about in my opinion
how will taxing make the market more contestable?
doesn't that make it harder for firm to enter????
When we're talking bout CBA, you mean about Merit, Demerit, Pollution etc, right?
Original post by Kitkat5
How's everyone organising timing?

5 marker should take you 2-3 mins.
10 marker should take you 8 mins or so
25 marker should take you roughly 30-35 mins.

15 marker should take you roughly 15 mins.
25 market should take you 30 mins or so.
Reply 229
Original post by cherry1997

taxing big firms specifically makes the market more contestable because if they tax the big firms the expected reaction would be to increase output and then produce at the socially optimum level of output which is where AR=MC
Reply 230
Original post by nuttin2do
5 marker should take you 2-3 mins.
10 marker should take you 8 mins or so
25 marker should take you roughly 30-35 mins.

15 marker should take you roughly 15 mins.
25 market should take you 30 mins or so.

what about the remaining 29 minutes :s-smilie:
Original post by Jamyes
im sure you know a couple policies that the government could implement to make a market more contestable ( tax, price max/price control, privatisation etc) and the argument for leaving it to the argument is simply that market forces will respond to the inefficiencies of a firm, if it isn't dynamic efficient then consumers might get bored of the same products and an evaluation of this is that if it is a necessity then consumers are forced to deal with it. another point for market forces is that of creative destruction which is that if a firm is not efficient then it means that it will eventually get run out of business by more efficient firms but this is in the long run.

What do you mean by contestable, I thought that was to do with barriers to entry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamyes
what about the remaining 29 minutes :s-smilie:

you'll obviously spend more time on the 25 marker and 15 marker at the end with thinking and such. You should be fine with timing as long as you finish the context stuff quickly.
Original post by cherry1997

Maybe taxing big firms then using the money to subsidise smaller new entrants? Idk
Anyone still up btw
Original post by BirdIsWord
Anyone still up btw

lol yup
Original post by Kitkat5
lol yup

Ayy my man
Original post by BirdIsWord
Ayy my man

still up?
Original post by nuttin2do
still up?

Yh bro. :wink:
When writing a question on CBA would you attempt to almost do the analysis yourself? Or would you just talk about the pros and cons of it? Or both?

Quick Reply