The Student Room Group

Missed Exam

Hi! So I have really bad anxiety I find it difficult to be on packed busses, quiet classrooms, places far from home or even to fall asleep in silence. I have an exam this morning but I honestly am stressing out of my mind it's my last exam but I genuinely don't feel I can sit over 2 hours in silence. I did it for an exam last week but I was so so uncomfortable and I felt like nothing I wrote made sense because my head was so focused on how I felt and how I just wanted to leave. What happens if I don't go into my exam today, Spanish A2 ?
If you weren't in a room with as many people would that help? If you tell somebody you might be able to sit the rest of your exams somewhere other than the main exam hall, I don't know about this one but you should defiantly go in. I don't how you feel but this is the kind of thing were if you miss it you will regret it a lot :smile:
Original post by Karmin.ex
Hi! So I have really bad anxiety I find it difficult to be on packed busses, quiet classrooms, places far from home or even to fall asleep in silence. I have an exam this morning but I honestly am stressing out of my mind it's my last exam but I genuinely don't feel I can sit over 2 hours in silence. I did it for an exam last week but I was so so uncomfortable and I felt like nothing I wrote made sense because my head was so focused on how I felt and how I just wanted to leave. What happens if I don't go into my exam today, Spanish A2 ?

My friend also has anxiety and the school agreed to let her sit in a room alone with an invigilator to do her exams. In my English exam last week, someone else had a panic attack mid-way through and were taken out to complete the exam in a different room. So, I'm sure if you speak to your school they would be happy and able to do whatever you need to perform at your best. Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by MyNameWasTaken12
If you weren't in a room with as many people would that help? If you tell somebody you might be able to sit the rest of your exams somewhere other than the main exam hall, I don't know about this one but you should defiantly go in. I don't how you feel but this is the kind of thing were if you miss it you will regret it a lot :smile:

I am in a smaller room which makes it more embarrassing for me as you would think that would have sorted it out but it only helps a tiny amount so I feel stuck. And you're right I will also just feel better if I go in but when I'm there and they call everyone in I do t know if I'll panic and just not do it. In which case what can I do? I have a medical note about my agoraphobia that the college has but even like this I feel like no one will justify my situation in the case that I couldn't go in 😞
Reply 4
Don't worry about it! The college will 100% give you a different room if you say so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest