The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 Criminal Law 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anybody got Non fatal offences against the person notes they could share with me please! My teacher taught me one thing, the mark scheme says something different and then websites say something else, I'm so confused :frown:
Original post by Morgan_123
Has anybody got Non fatal offences against the person notes they could share with me please! My teacher taught me one thing, the mark scheme says something different and then websites say something else, I'm so confused :frown:

They're not perfect, but here.
Original post by Mactotaur

omg thank you so much!!!!!!! I was on the verge of giving up
Reply 303
Unless you're looking at a different question 1, the breakdown is AO1: 10, AO2: 15, AO3: 5.

Question 1 is only 16 marks? 12 AO2 and 4 AO3?
Reply 304

When talking about Eisenhower etc can we just say that internal bleeding isn't a wound or do we have to explain the case details?
Reply 305
Any predictions for Section B???
Original post by GFEFC1
When talking about Eisenhower etc can we just say that internal bleeding isn't a wound or do we have to explain the case details?

Typically you only need to mention the ratio or point of law of the case, Eisenhower can therefore simply be summed up by saying that it illustrates wounding requires a break in the continuity of the skin but that internal bleeding does not suffice.

I'd only ever mention the facts if it's especially important and allows you to distinguish from two seeming contradictory judgements or if the facts help you explain the point of law better.
Reply 307
Original post by santaman234
Typically you only need to mention the ratio or point of law of the case, Eisenhower can therefore simply be summed up by saying that it illustrates wounding requires a break in the continuity of the skin but that internal bleeding does not suffice.

I'd only ever mention the facts if it's especially important and allows you to distinguish from two seeming contradictory judgements or if the facts help you explain the point of law better.

Ahh right okay, you do seem to lose a lot of time writing pointless facts about cases! Are you sure i won't lose AO1 for this?
This is OCR marks

Section A: 50 marks (25 for A01, 20 for A02 and 5 for A03)
Section B: 50 marks (25 for A01, 20 for A02 and 5 for A03)
Section C: 20 marks (All A02)
Reply 309
This is OCR marks

Section A: 50 marks (25 for A01, 20 for A02 and 5 for A03)
Section B: 50 marks (25 for A01, 20 for A02 and 5 for A03)
Section C: 20 marks (All A02)

How many AO2 points do you think is required for a top grade?
Reply 310
Can someone explain the case of Kimsey for me?
Original post by GFEFC1
Ahh right okay, you do seem to lose a lot of time writing pointless facts about cases! Are you sure i won't lose AO1 for this?

I'm fairly sure yeah, also you don't get marks taken off for missing things regardless.
Reply 312
Original post by GFEFC1
Can someone explain the case of Kimsey for me?

And the case of Coley... my book says he was involuntary intoxicated but how can smoking cannabis be involuntary intoxicated?
Reply 313
I've just wrote everything I know on Mens rea and there are 17 cases that i have included. Surely not all these are required? I won't have anywhere near enough time to include them all.
Original post by GFEFC1
And the case of Coley... my book says he was involuntary intoxicated but how can smoking cannabis be involuntary intoxicated?

My book says it's voluntary intoxication, maybe you read it wrong? or it's just wrong
Original post by GFEFC1
I've just wrote everything I know on Mens rea and there are 17 cases that i have included. Surely not all these are required? I won't have anywhere near enough time to include them all.

It's a max of 8 cases for top marks (try shorten it down by removing similar cases and rulings that aren't that important)
Reply 316
It's a max of 8 cases for top marks (try shorten it down by removing similar cases and rulings that aren't that important)

Cheers, I'll leave out the ones that are harder to apply AO2 to.
Question - if someone enters a building as a trespasser WITH INTENT to steal and inflict GBH and then goes on to inflict GBH and steal is that 9(1)(a) or (b) - if the offence is completed is it always B?
Original post by Lucy Helps
Question - if someone enters a building as a trespasser WITH INTENT to steal and inflict GBH and then goes on to inflict GBH and steal is that 9(1)(a) or (b) - if the offence is completed is it always B?

No that's 9(1)(a), if you enter the building with intent then its always 9(1)(a), however if you have intent to steal after you're inside its 9(1)(b)
Reply 319
Does anyone have some Involuntary manslaughter notes? I seem to be lacking

Quick Reply

Latest