The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by applicant20161
Anyone heard from Atlantic chambers or st johns buildings (manc)

I was rejected by SJB but still haven't heard from Atlantic chambers - have you had any news yet?
Original post by mathsmusicfrench
Personalised gateway email with rejection from 5SAH post-first round.

Has your gateway status changed?
Original post by pupiltobe23
Has your gateway status changed?

No it still says first interview for the moment
Who else got Lincoln House Chambers??????
I saw someone had a gateway change for Atlantic the other day. Nothing for me though, it's still on applied.
Original post by broeoutinsong
I saw someone had a gateway change for Atlantic the other day. Nothing for me though, it's still on applied.

Oh really? Any idea which way the change was at all?

No nothing on mine yet either.
Original post by mirispoonie
I wonder if this has confused anyone else - I found out when applying that there are two 4KBWs, one .co.uk and one .net. Both completely different sites and contact details. I applied to the .net one with a CV and letter and got a reply asking what I'm applying for. I said pupillage, as advertised on the website. They replied asking me if I could send them the link to where on the website they had advertised pupillage. Haven't heard back since.

Yes they aren't the most organised unfortunately - I applied and was rejected post interview only to be called back 3 months later. I arrived and it was as if I had never interviewed the first time anyway.
They then failed to inform me despite several other people who hadn't even attended an interview being informed.
When I called to ask how the applications were moving I was told the person who had been emailing me didn't actually work there - it turns out they have had a major overhaul of admin staff including their senior clerk and that the new staff had no idea of who old staff were or of the app process still being in motion. Complete shambles.
I think it was a first interview but I haven't seen anything other than that.
Original post by Gettothebar
Oh really? Any idea which way the change was at all?

No nothing on mine yet either.
(edited 7 years ago)
So I guess I can assume it's a no from Harcourt! Apparently they rejected-by-silence last year. Anyone heard from any of the following one way or the other?
1 Pump Court
4 Brick Court
QEB
New Court
Fourteen
Anyone heard from 4 stone ?
Original post by broeoutinsong
I think it was a first interview but I haven't seen anything other than that.

Yes I have just seen the person who mentioned first round interview... so sad I was really keeping my hopes open for them.

Never mind another year! Hope your apps are going better than mine this year!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Thisisdire
Anyone heard from 4 stone ?

Nothing at all yet - if you hear anything let me know and I will do the same. I hate this waiting game!
@ 1st timer & Thisisdire

Nothing from QEB or 4 Stone AFAIK

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2073
Has anyone heard from 39 Essex Chambers? On their website it states that they are interviewing the w/c 27th June so I'm guessing we probably should of heard by now if we'd made first round? Thanks
I am drowning in a sea of rejections too. You never know, I'm holding on to some hope, probably naievly so.

Original post by Gettothebar
Yes I have just seen the person who mentioned first round interview... so sad I was really keeping my hopes open for them.

Never mind another year! Hope you apps are going better than mine this year!
(edited 7 years ago)
First round out for Cobden crime pupillage
Original post by M.R.V
Has anyone heard from 39 Essex Chambers? On their website it states that they are interviewing the w/c 27th June so I'm guessing we probably should of heard by now if we'd made first round? Thanks

No news yet my side and nothing on the forum that I've seen to suggest anyone has heard..... but I agree the invites must be coming soon if they intend to interview next week!
Reply 2077
Anyone who's applied to Red Lion Chambers.
I recieved an email from them saying that they have not sent out invites for first round just yet. They are still in the process of sifting through applications.
But aim to send out invites on the gateway by the end of June.

Hope that's helpful. 😊
Any news re Cobden PI?
Does anyone know what to expect of a first round at 5 pump court? Appreciate any assistance please! g

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending