The Student Room Group

B3 Biology Edexcel Exam

How was it? I thought it was ok. What did people get for the evolution question and the six markers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TSR778899
How was it? I thought it was ok. What did people get for the evolution question and the six markers?

Thought it was a very good exam!!:biggrin: Which evolution question?
Reply 2
Original post by J__
Thought it was a very good exam!!:biggrin: Which evolution question?

The one about parenting helping evolution or something like that
Reply 3
The one about parenting helping evolution or something like that

Oh, parental care helps to increase the offspring's chance of survival by protection, feeding & teaching them skills needed for survival. This increases their chance of survival and passing on the parents genes to the next generation.
Reply 4
Original post by J__
Oh, parental care helps to increase the offspring's chance of survival by protection, feeding & teaching them skills needed for survival. This increases their chance of survival and passing on the parents genes to the next generation.

Nice, thats exactly what i put :biggrin:, Thanks
yeah i thought it was a good exam, probably high grade boundaries. Im happy limited stuff came up on behaviour as that is so boring and easy
I thought it went really well!

Did anyone else call the fossil from 1.6mya 'Turkana Boy'? I called him that throughout my answer because it's what the CGP revision guide says but I noticed the CGP revision guide had made a mistake with Pavlov's dogs
Reply 7
Original post by chrlhyms
yeah i thought it was a good exam, probably high grade boundaries. Im happy limited stuff came up on behaviour as that is so boring and easy

lool ikr but theyre almost so simple the throw me off
lool ikr but theyre almost so simple the throw me off

Its because they use quite complex examples-thats what i dont like, like so easy its complex if that makes sense
Reply 9
The last six marker was amazing!!!:biggrin:
Reply 10
Now time for some chemistry revision, roll on Wednesday:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by J__
The last six marker was amazing!!!:biggrin:

i couldnt think of many advantages other than the pest are killed so the crop yield increases.Also you can selectively breed the plants created with the toxin to increase yield . The disadvantages i said were cross breeding releasing the gene in weeds, resistance and lower biodiversity.

How many marks do you guys think this will be? And what else did you guys get?
Reply 12
Anyone have predictions for grade boundaries?
I predict it may be around:
A* - 52
A - 45
B - 39
C - 33
did people get carbon dioxide for the growth of micro algae? because of photosynthesis? and 52.94% for the maths one? im annoyed because i talked about reabsorption instead of ultrafiltration for the 2 marker on glucose out of the blood
Reply 14
i couldnt think of many advantages other than the pest are killed so the crop yield increases.Also you can selectively breed the plants created with the toxin to increase yield . The disadvantages i said were cross breeding releasing the gene in weeds, resistance and lower biodiversity.

How many marks do you guys think this will be? And what else did you guys get?

It depends how detailed you wrote about them points.
Reply 15
did people get carbon dioxide for the growth of micro algae? because of photosynthesis? and 52.94% for the maths one? im annoyed because i talked about reabsorption instead of ultrafiltration for the 2 marker on glucose out of the blood

I put oxygen because of respiration also i put 52%.
Reply 16

I put oxygen?

ffs i wrote reabsorption too :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by caitlinford3

Same:s-smilie: Hopefully we get maybe 1 mark
Reply 19
Original post by caitlinford3

swear the question was about how it was reabsorbed into the blood? I put Selective reabsorption against the concentration gradient through the tubules?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending