The Student Room Group

B3 Biology Edexcel Exam

Scroll to see replies

novel-microalgal-growth-sys-700x378.png

i think its CO2 i put oxygen but it said in a closed system so i crossed it out
Original post by caitlinford3
ffs i wrote reabsorption too :frown:

I thought glucose is removed by re-absorption in the first convoluted tubule?
Reply 22
Original post by TSR778899
swear the question was about how it was reabsorbed into the blood? I put Selective reabsorption against the concentration gradient through the tubules?

Same I think it was re absorbed into the blood, I put exactly that too.
Original post by roshna00
I thought glucose is removed by re-absorption in the first convoluted tubule?

No, thats what i put but thats it reabsorbing into the blood, ultrafiltration is out of the blood
Reply 24
Original post by chrlhyms
novel-microalgal-growth-sys-700x378.png

i think its CO2 i put oxygen but it said in a closed system so i crossed it out

Algae respire aerobically though
Reply 25
did people get carbon dioxide for the growth of micro algae? because of photosynthesis? and 52.94% for the maths one? im annoyed because i talked about reabsorption instead of ultrafiltration for the 2 marker on glucose out of the blood

I got carbon-dioxide and 52.94% as well. I also wrote about reabsorption rather than ultrafiltration. I can't remember what the question was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, thats what i put but thats it reabsorbing into the blood, ultrafiltration is out of the blood

aaah I see. Oh well it's only a couple of marks :smile:
Original post by J__
Algae respire aerobically though

but plants dont grow from respiration, thats using up energy
I really liked the paper! I'm so glad it wasn't too hard since I was at a gig last night so didn't get much sleep but I feel like it went really well!
guys, i think we are right about the reabsorption because apparently it was "how is glucose removed from the nephron"
Reply 30

I thought respiration always releases energy not uses and photosynthesis just makes the glucose?
Original post by TSR778899
I thought respiration always releases energy not uses and photosynthesis just makes the glucose?

sorry i meant it releases energy, but it said how do the micro algae grow in a sealed environment
Reply 32

I was sure that it was oxygen, but I can't remember the question now.
Reply 33
sorry i meant it releases energy, but it said how do the micro algae grow in a sealed environment

I think they'll mark both right because a sealed container doesnt mean no oxygen
Reply 34

It would need oxygen to produce energy for growth
Original post by J__
I was sure that it was oxygen, but I can't remember the question now.

i was stuck on it for ages, it said " what gas would you supply to allow micro algae grow within a closed system"
Reply 36
i was stuck on it for ages, it said " what gas would you supply to allow micro algae grow within a closed system"

It says "supply" - You can still have oxygen in a closed environment
Original post by J__
It would need oxygen to produce energy for growth

Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 11.04.25.png
Reply 38
Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 11.04.25.png

Both may get the mark, as respiration releases energy as well.
Original post by dan9909
I got carbon-dioxide and 52.94% as well. I also wrote about reabsorption rather than ultrafiltration. I can't remember what the question was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I changed my answer from 52.9 to 47 since 170 X 0.47 is 80 but I'm not sure if I changed it from the right answer to the wrong answer :-(

Quick Reply

Latest