Same here
2/5 and -2.5

I got 39 which was 4x +24 = 180
so 4x = 156
I got 12 for nth term
I got 5/6 for cos theta question but i think it was - 5/6
Reply 21
Original post by Ms A
What about the last question guys.... I was quite confused since the question said to show that the triangle is isoceles and the sides were like 2w, 3w, and x???? But how is that possible since isosceles triangle have two same sides? I just did my answer by working with 3w and x as the two sides that should be equal......:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i half worked it out w the cosine rune to get what w equals but then i couldn't go any further so i just equated it to one of the lengths lol
Reply 22
Yh I tried that to but gave up half way lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CTID17
Same here
2/5 and -2.5

I got 39 which was 4x +24 = 180
so 4x = 156
I got 12 for nth term
I got 5/6 for cos theta question but i think it was - 5/6

Do you remember the exact values for the circle theorem question because I cant remember if I got 32 or 39. :biggrin:
For the cos question I also got 5/6. Additionally, it was 39 as angles are twice the value at the circumference. Therefore, you can make an equation equal to 360 degrees and solve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A*/100% Man
For the cos question I also got 5/6. Additionally, it was 39 as angles are twice the value at the circumference. Therefore, you can make an equation equal to 360 degrees and solve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah the answer was 28.4 or something like that because of the quadrilateral circle theorem
Original post by Helpmepickone
Nah the answer was 28.4 or something like that because of the quadrilateral circle theorem

noo you couldn't use that because all of the sides were not touching the circle, i got 39 too!
Original post by Dorisdolphine
noo you couldn't use that because all of the sides were not touching the circle, i got 39 too!

so how many marks will i get then?
Reply 28
It had to be 5/6, -5/6 would mean its a negative length, and that's impossible ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Helpmepickone
so how many marks will i get then?

it was only out of 4 so i expect you will get some not sure how many sorry!
Reply 30
X^81 was (X^2 +9) (X -3) (X+3)
and last question was cos A rule but COS P was 1/3 so you put it in and you get w^2 = (9n)^2
so w = 3n which meant that the triangle had sides of 3n , 3n and 2n so it was iscoceles
Reply 31
Original post by Yuuna
It had to be 5/6, -5/6 would mean its a negative length, and that's impossible ;-;

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was an angle in cos which would've made it positive. i made the same mistake tho
Original post by Yuuna

Posted from TSR Mobile

length? wait which question is this.. i thought it was what cos =
for the circle theorems one i got 89

for the x/y one i got -80

to prove to lines were perpendicular, i found the gradient of both, it was 2/5 and -5/2 so they are perpendicular

for the last question, why is the triangle isosceles, i did the cosine rule to find out what W was, and w=3n - which means that 2 sides were equal to 3n so it was isosceles.
Original post by keepyourapology
What did y'all get for the matrices and x/y question?

The last question i used the cosine rule you know that
(B^2+c^2-a^2)/2bc = cosx
So you sub in the numbers and get
(2n)^2+(3n)^2-w^2 / 12n^2 = 1/3
4n^2 + 9n^2 -w^2 = 4n^3
9n^2=w^2
3n=w
And since 2 of the sides were 3n and w it was isosceles.
For circle theorems i got x=39
On the cubic graph question i got k=9
For the matricies question i got something like a=3 and b=-20
For the factorising cubic question i got
(X-7)(x-3)(x+2)
For the question where you had to find the value of cos theta i got -5/6.
For the rationalising denominator question i got 2 root 7 - 4
For the qestion where you had to do x/y i got -80.
With he quadratic inequality i got
8 <x <12
Original post by Yuuna
Posted from TSR Mobile

You were supposed to find cosx, which would give you -5/6. It's negative because the angle is obtuse, so x would lie in the sin quadrant where cos is negative
for the inequality you had to write x=9,10 or 11 as the question said state the integer values of x. I wrote the inequality and so will lose 1 mark
(edited 7 years ago)
I lost around 7 marks. What makes it worse was that 3 of these were simple marks I could have got if I had time to check over my answers.
Was it just me or was this test longer than usual
Original post by chelseafc141
I lost around 7 marks. What makes it worse was that 3 of these were simple marks I could have got if I had time to check over my answers.
Was it just me or was this test longer than usual

yeah I noticed they gave us 20 questions instead of the regular 16 -_- does that mean that they intended for the actual questions in the test to be easier so that we'd have to spend less time on each question? boo them -_-

Quick Reply

Latest