The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

What do you think it will be for an A? around 50 marks or higher?
Original post by Edpark123
Had an absolute mare for this and completely missed out the final question, for some reason thought it was the end of the paper after the 6 marker question up to the 4g one. Can anyone tell me how many marks question 5 was out of?

i think it was 7 marks total. 2 then 3 then 2
Original post by Datta10
I got 28s too for the time constant, then around 59000 ohms I think for resistance

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got sth similar. May have been 57000 ish. I remember I had a string of numbers and I was contemplating on whether or not I should keep it to 3 sf or sth. I left it as full integer at the end. Do you think that'll be all right?
Original post by exmerelda
can anyone put up how they did the momentum of alpha question? i couldn't do it but i wanna see if i got any of the method marks

E(alpha) +1/2NV^2 = E
V=mv/N Substituting for V gives:
E(alpha) + (1/2)(1/N)(m^2)(v^2) = E
E(alpha) + (m/N)E(alpha) = E
E(alpha)(N+m)/N = E
E(alpha) = E(N/(N+m))
Original post by Mango Milkshake
I wrote car takes longer to stop. No idea if its right

I said that!!!
Section B last year was easier than this.
Original post by Mango Milkshake
Was it suppose to touch the x-axis? mine didnt go all the way down but same shape

???

Your second part of the graph isn't "curvey" enough. Remember 1/r^2 relationship. 2/3.
Original post by marioman
My MC answers: DBADDCBBBCBCCACADACAADCBD

Hopefully if a few contribute then we can get a rough marks scheme going.

Original post by Questioner1234
I said g would be 4x as big
got 5.9x10^4 for something I think it was resistance
28s for time constant
1.15 x 10^-15 for something
6.06X10^6 for something
MCQs:
D
B
B
D
D
C
D
B
B
B
B
D
C
A
B
D
B
A
C
A
A
D
C
B
D

I got about 20 of them the same as you not sure what happened in the middle, thats where theyre different
Original post by tanyapotter
Would saying that the constant magnetisation and demagnetisation of the electromagnet would waste energy be a valid disadvantage?

Also, I accidentally put T^2 on the x axis and l on the y axis in the 6 marker - how many marks would I lose for that?

I said (T/(2*pi))^2 on x axis, l on the y axis - which is right, as gradient is g.

You would possibly lose 1 mark for not saying 'evaluate (T/(2*pi))^2.
Original post by idk97
i feel u bro.... ive tried so flipping hard all year but after that i'll be surprised if i got a D :frown:

Here here!
Was the direction from X to Y or Y to X
Original post by Edpark123
Had an absolute mare for this and completely missed out the final question, for some reason thought it was the end of the paper after the 6 marker question up to the 4g one. Can anyone tell me how many marks question 5 was out of?

After the 6 Marker there was a 3 Mark Question on about Time Period being miscalculated, 3 Marks on Electromagnetic Laws (maybe 4 pretty sure it was 3 though). A 3 marker on Lenz's Law and then finally a 2 Marker on Disadvantages of Electromagnetic Brakes so you have missed:

About 11 Marks.
Original post by kingaaran
I worked out the energy of the capacitor by the area under the graph - is this valid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it's the same thing since the area of a triangle is 1/2 height(charge) x width (voltage) which is exactly as the formula E=1/2 QV on the formulae sheet you would have otherwise used.
Did you remember to multiply 2.2 by 10^-6 ?
(edited 7 years ago)

X to Y I think
Reply 1234
Thought it was a really nice paper

I put x to y

you?
Reply 1236
Original post by Questioner1234
Screen Shot 2016-06-20 at 11.33.19.pngdid everyones graph look like this????

Minimum closer to Venus

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought Y to X, they would both be positive so repulsion?
Original post by CourtlyCanter
Well it's the same thing since the area of a triangle is 1/2 height(charge) x width (voltage) which is exactly as the formula on the formulae E=1/2 QV sheet you would otherwise have used.
Did you remember to multiply 2.2 by 10^-6 ?

How many marks was this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys get for the potential with the 1 nC and 2nC? Multiple choice question?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending