D

I got 6.06x10^6 for something aswell :smile:
Original post by kingaaran
Was the direction from X to Y or Y to X

X to Y. 2F

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same!

But adding +2 to each charge would make them both positive so they would repel wouldnt they?

Also did you get 5/8pi... for one of the electric potential questions since its a scalar or did you do it as vectors?
Original post by ebolaboy
would saying a limitation of the time period of oscillation equation is that it assumes that there is no energy lost at all be correct

Amplitude must be small

Posted from TSR Mobile
would saying a limitation of the time period of oscillation equation is that it assumes that there is no energy lost at all be correct

no

i put the amplitude has to be lower than 10 degrees
I didn't spot q5 till very late sadly so I had to rush the last marks, fairly certain I got the laws right but did other people just say that the wheel cuts the flux lines which causes a change in flux linkage which in turn induces an emf according to faradays. Law Which induces a current which opposes the motion of the wheel according to lenzs law which slows the wheel?
I'm confused 😭😩 what question require you to work out energy for the capacitors? Cause I literally don't remember working out energy at all :s
Original post by Mango Milkshake
I put x to y

you?

left to right yeah? away from most positive??
Naturally I can't remember my MCQ answers but I made the mistake of a decrease to 80% not by and I think I got the advantage and disadvantage mixed up (stupidly)
What do others think 60 for an a*?
Going off of previous papers I don't think it was easy but the paper on the whole wasn't exactly difficult.

The whole point of simple pendulum is that the angle should be small or amplitude not very large otherwise it has another equation which is more complicated.
Original post by Edsmith1998
I didn't spot q5 till very late sadly so I had to rush the last marks, fairly certain I got the laws right but did other people just say that the wheel cuts the flux lines which causes a change in flux linkage which in turn induces an emf according to faradays. Law Which induces a current which opposes the motion of the wheel according to lenzs law which slows the wheel?

Pretty much
Change in flux across disc
EMF induced in disc
Current induced in disc
Magnetic field with poles opposite to other EMagnet
Opposes motion
Slows down
Original post by Yo12345
X to Y. 2F

It was definitely y to x because they asked for the direction of the force on charge x
Original post by jjarra1997
I'm confused 😭😩 what question require you to work out energy for the capacitors? Cause I literally don't remember working out energy at all :s

1st one

area under graph
Original post by Mango Milkshake
no

i put the amplitude has to be lower than 10 degrees

I'm sure you mean angle....
Original post by WaterlowJ
Naturally I can't remember my MCQ answers but I made the mistake of a decrease to 80% not by and I think I got the advantage and disadvantage mixed up (stupidly)
What do others think 60 for an a*?
Going off of previous papers I don't think it was easy but the paper on the whole wasn't exactly difficult.

I would say 60/61 for an A* as it wasn't the hardest paper ever but it wasnt tremendously easy
How can you guys have found the 6 marker hard? Haven't your teachers made you do past ISA's? Because I'm pretty sure I've basically seen that exact question in an ISA
How did you guys work out the time constant of the capacitor? I worked out the resistance then used that to get the time constant but then the next part of the question asked you to work out the resistance so I'm guessing you were supposed to do the first part a different way
Same!

it is Y to X because the magnitude was -2F
Original post by Hattie28
I got 6.06x10^6 for something aswell :smile:

how do u remember all those letters?
For the six marker my graph was T^2 against l so 4pi^2/gradient equals g, I got g is 16 times bigger, will I lose all 3 marks?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending