The Student Room Group

i think my best friend is bi?

I've been told by someone my best friend is bi but she hasn't told me anything, however she has been acting strange and been having long talks with people ive never seen her talk to before. I really want to let her know I'm her for her but she always tries to avoid the subject or changes it and she doesn't know I know so I don't what to do. I understand that she probably going through something, so I want to be with her every step of the way but she wont let me.
"been having long talks with people ive never seen her talk to before"- Maybe she has just met new friends? Or she already knew them but e.g. they aren't from the same school etc (I have friends from my athletics club that none of my friends know of) Maybe she isn't ready to have a conversation about it yet? you need to wait for her to pluck up the courage herself to tell you, not for you to have to ask. I don't see why she really needs to 'come out', only 1 of my friends in real life knows that I myself am bisexual (unless others I know are reading this comment, then hi, you also know) and I am totally cool right now with not having to tell people.
OR
she may not be bisexual at all and who ever told you was lying or heard false information themselves.
Well if you've let her know you're there that's all you can do. Don't try and barge into the private elements of her life if she's not ready.
As above, she may not even be bi.

Just carry on as usual and if she needs a friend be there for her. If she's okay then let her breathe and live :smile:
Just let her know that you're there for her. Remember, she might not want to come out as she fears not being accepted. If you properly convey your views on the subject, and aren't judgemental or discriminatory, then she might feel more comfortable or willing. Until she comes out, just talk to her normally - don't make it seem like you know something she doesn't, as that could cause tension or mistrust within the friendship.

Treat her normally, and make sure you tell her that you'll be supportive regardless of anything she does, or is.

As already said, don't make assumptions as she might not even be bi: it could just be a rumour. And for the friend thing, it's normal for people to gain friends over time - that could be all it is. She could just have found people with common interests with her.
Original post by .......xD
Just let her know that you're there for her. Remember, she might not want to come out as she fears not being accepted. If you properly convey your views on the subject, and aren't judgemental or discriminatory, then she might feel more comfortable or willing. Until she comes out, just talk to her normally - don't make it seem like you know something she doesn't, as that could cause tension or mistrust within the friendship.

Treat her normally, and make sure you tell her that you'll be supportive regardless of anything she does, or is.

As already said, don't make assumptions as she might not even be bi: it could just be a rumour. And for the friend thing, it's normal for people to gain friends over time - that could be all it is. She could just have found people with common interests with her.

This is some really good advice, someone's sexuality shouldn't change your opinion on them.
Reply 5
Original post by katieMCR
"been having long talks with people ive never seen her talk to before"- Maybe she has just met new friends? Or she already knew them but e.g. they aren't from the same school etc (I have friends from my athletics club that none of my friends know of) Maybe she isn't ready to have a conversation about it yet? you need to wait for her to pluck up the courage herself to tell you, not for you to have to ask. I don't see why she really needs to 'come out', only 1 of my friends in real life knows that I myself am bisexual (unless others I know are reading this comment, then hi, you also know) and I am totally cool right now with not having to tell people.
OR
she may not be bisexual at all and who ever told you was lying or heard false information themselves.

hey , thanks. I know she doesn't really need to come out and everything, I just hope she's okay. It shouldn't be a big dea and I understand that. also people that ive spoke to have sort of labelled her bisexual now which is actually annoying because one I don't think thsts what she wants and two why put labels??. that's why I want her to know I'm there for her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending