The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway CHEM 4 5 6 markscheme

How was it?? It was easy for me im taking it next year so im happy

Markscheme of my answers

C4

1) atomic mass-12 (6 protons add 6 neutrons)

Electrons or protons cant remember was 4 (mass takeway protons)

Configuration was 2.4 (6 electrons)
[3]

2) isotopes cause same atomic number but diff mass[3]

3)covalent bonds of cl and F should be two overlapping circles withh one pair of shared electrons[2]

4)mendeleev put elements on cards and arranged in ordee of properties and weight. Idea not accepted till gallium discovered[2]

5)iodide -grey solid astatine -320-340 allowance i think[2]

6)less reactive down group 7 because outer shell gets further away from nucleus so harder to gain electron[2]

7)[6]
it was copper chloride for compund A
because precipitate was blue with sodium hydroxide
compound B was iron (II) ...as precipitafe was green i think cant remember
Word equation forgot
Balanced equation forgot

8) super conductor used for medical scanners and powerful computers power transmission doesnt lose energy
Disadvantge expensive to maintain low cost doesnt work at room temp[3]

Missing question?

C5

1)number moles is 0.08[1]

2)use reacting ratios to get 50g[2]

3)i got 300 dm3 which is 300000cm3[2]

4) titrations [6 mark]
- ph starts high
-ph decreases when acid added
-ph decrease most near end point

Concentration was 0.16 mol/dm3 or 0.08

Volume was 40 cm3/ 20cm3 i wrote both just in case but i rhink 20

5) they use less acid(/alkali ???) of 0.05 so less moles
Graph would be lower than the first one lezs steep and reaction end slightly slower[2]
6)catalyst[1]
7)temp compromise balance betwwen yield and ratw increases rate of reaction

Catalyst- inrease rate not affect equilibrium

low Pressure cheap pressure affrcts yield[3]

8)concentration is how many moles of acid are dissolved in 1dm3
Strength is how much it ionises[2]

9) same volume produced cause same anount of reactants and concentration
[1]
10)high concentration of hydrochloric acid and more hydrofgen ionise s which increases frequency of collision
[2]
11)white is chloride, bromide is cream, iodide yellow precipitates so then y can work out what sample is which soz[3]

Total:25 marks

C6

[6 mark]
-oxidation is loss of electrons
-reduction is gain
-copper gaicn electrons to form Cu atom
-iron loses to form an iron ion
Word equations and balanced??

2)chlorine radical is regenerated so destroy more ozone it is a chain reaction[2]
3) O3------O2+.... reaction 4??[1]

4)prediction wrong because it only changed with soap nit the other one u had to be looking at water witb calcium hydrogen carbonate( temporary hardness)[2]

5)ester[1]
6) bromine water / addition reaction alkene decolourises etc cant remember his results[2]
7)margarine made from vegetable oil reacted with hydrogen and a catalyst
[2]
Section D

1) on grapb there was a decrease between 1977-1979 so thiys shows it was affecttive

2)nitroggen waterever this 88%

3)B more land more crops so more fertilser needed
4) for all residentual was smaller percentage
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

found it p bad, but i just want a c (not doing it next year). totally forgot to revise redox n yikes
Reply 2
Original post by Rjhepkenhdjd
found it p bad, but i just want a c (not doing it next year). totally forgot to revise redox n yikes

Sorry to hear this i hope u pass
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
For the C4 6 marker it was copper chloride for compund A and compound B was iron (II) bromide.

For the C5 6 marker I got 0.08mol/dm3 of NaOH.

For C6 I got Fe + CuSO4 --> FeSO4 + Cu. Fe oxidised. Cu reduced.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Not too bad I thought the 6 markers were okay
Original post by mxskaan
For the C4 6 marker it was copper chloride for compund A and compound B was iron (II) bromide.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got that!
Reply 6
Hated the first two 6 markers and a few other questions sucked. Meh, it was okay overall I guess.
Original post by ellamoon_22
How was it?? It was easy for me im taking it next year so im happy

Markscheme of my answers

C4
1) atomic mass-12 (6 protons add 6 neutrons)

Electrons or protons cant remember was 4 (mass takeway protons)

Configuration was 2.4 (6 electrons)

2) isotopes cause same atomic number but diff mass

3)covalent bonds of cl and F should be two overlapping circles withh one pair of shared electrons

4)mendeleev put elements on cards and arranged in ordee of properties and weight. Idea not accepted till gallium discovered

5)iodide -grey solid astatine -320-340 allowance i think

6)less reactive down group 7 because outer shell gets further away from nucleus so harder to gain electron

7)6 mark
-A was copper because precipitate was blue with sodium hydroxide
B was iron 11 as precipitafe was green i think cant remember
Word equation forgot
Balanced equation forgot

8) super conductor used for medical scanners and powerful computers power transmission doesnt lose energy
Disadvantge expensive to maintain low cost

I put the disadvantage was that they can't work at room temp so special equipment is needed
For the properties of the simple molecular substance (I think it was chlorine fluorine?) I put low boiling point, likely to be a gas at room temperature and does not conduct electricity
0.08mol/dm3 for the concentration question
was the first question to do w the table bc ahh i completely missed it?? do you know how many marks it was worth sorry?
Original post by mxskaan

For the C5 6 marker I got 0.08mol/dm3 of NaOH.

For C6 I got Fe + CuSO4 --> FeSO4 + Cu. Fe oxidised. Cu reduced.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
was the first question to do w the table bc ahh i completely missed it?? do you know how many marks it was worth sorry?

3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe 2 or 3? I have done this so many times!
Keep refreshing guys:h:
I'm the only one I think in my school to find that exam not hard. Like I struggled with the first 6 marker and a couple of other questions but I finished the whole paper with 30 mins to spare, the fact that there was no electrolysis either. Everyone else came out and said they've failed that exam but I think I've done well, apart from the first 6 marker which I just couldn't remember how to do. Counted up my definite marks and it came to about 55 so I should be nailed on for an A, probably an A*.

Grade boundaries will decrease because I think the paper was harder than last years, so it'l go down to about 56-58?
Reply 15
0.08mol/dm3 for the concentration question. My Chinese friend agrees, so it must be right.
do you know what the grade boundaries for it are normally like in general? ty !!
Original post by jaisuf
0.08mol/dm3 for the concentration question. My Chinese friend agrees, so it must be right.

Wow that steorotypical assumption. Its right but it wasnt hard to calculate. Lol.
do you know what the grade boundaries for it are normally like in general? ty !!

im not sure soz
can someone please explain the concentration 6 marker?
I worked out that there were 0.0025 moles, 0.0025/(20/1000) equals 0.125 mol/dm3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending