The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zonothene
that is the correct power yes

Is it right though? I've seen a few other people get 1.03*10^33 but a few people get 1.73*10^33. Which one is right?
Original post by neyjunior
how many marks do you think i'll lose?

im not sure, i assume you will get the mark for working out the weight of the fireman, so I guess you would lose 2, maybe 1 if you worked out the vertical component of the impulse correctly.
Reply 382
What did everyone think of this paper? I think it was harder than last year but because it was more mathematical, it was easier than June 2014. I'd say reasonable grade boundaries would be:
Full UMS 49-50
A* 45-46
A 41-42
etc
Original post by adsy9
i got 5/8PI as the phase difference, would 5/4PI mean its out of phase by 1/4PI???

No, each cycle is 2pi not one pi, so 5/4 pi is equivalent to 3/4 pi, but in different direction.
Um. Excuse me OCR.

Why was there not more SHM?? Resonance???
Where is geostationary orbit??
Gravitational fields???
Where is Boyle's Law????

Why this???? :angry:

I didn't even know Kepler had a 1st law yet alone a 3rd. Didn't get to flaunt my other definitions. Sad times. :frown:

Starting to regret not taking maths & further maths A Level for that paper though; only one in my class who doesn't. Stupid decision :laugh:

Ugh.
Original post by President J
So the max was 50mj right?

Yeah
Original post by adsy9
i got 5/8PI as the phase difference, would 5/4PI mean its out of phase by 1/4PI???

its 5/8 x 2Pi which gives the answer 5/4 Pi
Original post by kyle18
What did everyone think of this paper? I think it was harder than last year but because it was more mathematical, it was easier than June 2014. I'd say reasonable grade boundaries would be:
Full UMS 49-50
A* 45-46
A 41-42
etc

I hope so, I need 100% ums to be about 50.
Im going for 100% ums in all of physics this year and feel ive botched it because of incredibly stupid mistakes today. Incredibly angry with myself.
Original post by kyle18
Full UMS 49-50
A* 45-46
A 41-42
etc

2014 and 2015 were a dream. :laugh: This one… not so much. Bye bye the full UMS I've been getting in papers all year!
Original post by Danny_L
130.8 for shc anyone?

Were the units JKg^-1K^-1 or JKg^-1°C^-1?
Original post by Jammydodgerdenny
Were the units JKg^-1K^-1 or JKg^-1°C^-1?

I think for that particular question it was JKg^-1K^-1, it doesnt matter which one it is tho because delta theta is the same for both Celsius and kelvin
DIFFICULTY POLL:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4176590

For grade boundaries etc etc
Reply 392
Original post by Danny.L
I hope so, I need 100% ums to be about 50.
Im going for 100% ums in all of physics this year and feel ive botched it because of incredibly stupid mistakes today. Incredibly angry with myself.

Yeah I also did silly mistakes, especially with the hosepipe question and with the KE and GPE graph. Just hoping for ecf on the rest of the KE/GPE question.
Original post by Dom1997
For the people who take Maths and Further Maths it makes it easier for them so that might cancel out?

Yeah probably. Though we're all worried about Fp2 in our FM group so none of us revised for this haha.
Original post by kyle18
Yeah I also did silly mistakes, especially with the hosepipe question and with the KE and GPE graph. Just hoping for ecf on the rest of the KE/GPE question.

Do you remember how many marks the graph EPE question was? As in the marks for every questions involving the graph?
Reply 395
Original post by Pyslocke
Do you remember how many marks the graph EPE question was? As in the marks for every questions involving the graph?

I think something like, 2 for graph, 1 for vmax, 2 for the other part which I can't remember what you had to do.
Original post by Reda2
Someone make a poll please.

WHAT I DONT understand, why 2 questions about gravitational fields, and they missed almost HALF of the whole specification....They want us to work with NASA or what..

It's cos our are a set of retarded ****ing bastards
Original post by Pyslocke

Graph itself was 2 marks I think. Then it was 1 + 2 + 1?

So 6 altogether?
Why would the epe ke graph not start ay y=0 you ****ing retards ocr why, who is that dumb that they don't start a graph at 0.
Original post by Zonothene
As its a binary system you have to use this if you wish to do it using kepler's 3rd law (i.e adding the two masses together in the equation).

Yh basically point c is the common centre of mass. so all the weight appears to act from there, hence why the planets orbit around that point. So consider at point C there is a large star of mass ( m1+m2) and then you use keplars law and centripetal force to work out m2(s2)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending