Original post by Aerosmith
Was a nice paper

The translation was horrible, but everything else was ok I thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by lucy_123
The translation was horrible, but everything else was ok I thought

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, the translation was atrocious! I think the hardest parts were "sailing" (yes, this word broke me) and "my mother said that she loved spending time with me" - I think it was meant to be something like A mi madre le encantó but I got it wrong.

I thought the other questions were fine though! The RBE question was really unexpected but I liked it, and the discursives were all quite advanced topics!
Original post by jeevanr21
I agree, the translation was atrocious! I think the hardest parts were "sailing" (yes, this word broke me) and "my mother said that she loved spending time with me" - I think it was meant to be something like A mi madre le encantó but I got it wrong.

I thought the other questions were fine though! The RBE question was really unexpected but I liked it, and the discursives were all quite advanced topics!

The historical RBE question was so nice! Which discursive did you do? I did the developed countries one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
The historical RBE question was so nice! Which discursive did you do? I did the developed countries one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same one! What did you talk about? :smile:

I believe it should be 'mi madre dijo que a ella le encantó pasar el tiempo conmigo'. Pretty tricky
Reply 45
I believe it should be 'mi madre dijo que a ella le encantó pasar el tiempo conmigo'. Pretty tricky

Oh gosh. I think I got around 5 in the translation, but I hope the essays will mean it doesn't matter :smile:

I wrote 'seguir una dieta' for 'go on a diet' - do you think that'll be good enough? Also I put durante tres años instead of desde hacía tres años...is the former likely to be accepted?
I did the same one! What did you talk about? :smile:

I talked about how countries shouldn't helped underdeveloped ones as they have too many problems and not enough money, and it would result in the country becoming dependent on aid, and then I said that developed countries are more capable of helping and they should help others, and I also said that they should send sustainable aid to help them become more self sufficient and that they should help because their problems such as climate change could affect us as well. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
I wrote 'seguir una dieta' for 'go on a diet' - do you think that'll be good enough? Also I put durante tres años instead of desde hacía tres años...is the former likely to be accepted?

I think that would be fine - that's the normal translation! I'm not sure about durante tres años, it depends on what you put before that - did you use the imperfect?
I think that would be fine - that's the normal translation! I'm not sure about durante tres años, it depends on what you put before that - did you use the imperfect?

Ah ok cheers. Yeah I put ya estábamos preparando por un campeonato de vela durante tres meses...
Reply 50
I talked about how countries shouldn't helped underdeveloped ones as they have too many problems and not enough money, and it would result in the country becoming dependent on aid, and then I said that developed countries are more capable of helping and they should help others, and I also said that they should send sustainable aid to help them become more self sufficient and that they should help because their problems such as climate change could affect us as well. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow those are some really unconventional points! Props to you for coming up with them, I think they sound really good :wink:

I put that developed countries should help but that they can do other things than giving money - some countries have very high inflation rates so it would be better to implement house construction programmes which could help the situation of people living in shanty towns. I also said that we should accept refugees given that most of them are taken by developing countries.

For the other side I put that due to corruption by giving the countries aid we might be contributing to wars and conflicts. I then said that we have enough problems with the housing crisis etc, and we're doing everything we can at the moment.

My conclusion was that we should help no matter what the cost because it's human responsibility!
Reply 51
Ah ok cheers. Yeah I put ya estábamos preparando por un campeonato de vela durante tres meses...

I think that sounds about right! :smile: Fingers crossed
Wow those are some really unconventional points! Props to you for coming up with them, I think they sound really good :wink:

I put that developed countries should help but that they can do other things than giving money - some countries have very high inflation rates so it would be better to implement house construction programmes which could help the situation of people living in shanty towns. I also said that we should accept refugees given that most of them are taken by developing countries.

For the other side I put that due to corruption by giving the countries aid we might be contributing to wars and conflicts. I then said that we have enough problems with the housing crisis etc, and we're doing everything we can at the moment.

My conclusion was that we should help no matter what the cost because it's human responsibility!

Thank you!! I was stuck for ages thinking about what to write! Your points and examples sound great as well and my conclusion was similar to yours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm pretty sure in reported speech you need imperfect - mi madre dijo que le encantaba pasar tiempo conmigo...
I think that sounds about right! :smile: Fingers crossed

Yeah let's hope so. Hope you had a good exam overall
Reply 55
Yeah let's hope so. Hope you had a good exam overall

Thanks, I think it went well! I was quite pleased with the discursive and the RBE :smile: Hope you did too, are you nearly done?
Reply 56
Thank you!! I was stuck for ages thinking about what to write! Your points and examples sound great as well and my conclusion was similar to yours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it's so difficult to figure out how to pack all that into 240-270 words! Thank you, I hope we did well :smile:
Original post by vectorpi
I'm pretty sure in reported speech you need imperfect - mi madre dijo que le encajntaba pasar tiempo conmigo...

Well I was thinking of writing that but didn't. Oh well
I know it's so difficult to figure out how to pack all that into 240-270 words! Thank you, I hope we did well :smile:

So do I!! I really need an A :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, I think it went well! I was quite pleased with the discursive and the RBE :smile: Hope you did too, are you nearly done?

Yeah same, the first discursive question was a gift and the RBE was decent although not without its traps. I finish on Friday, C4 maths...

Quick Reply

Latest