The Student Room Group

Should I or should I not message her?

Me and this woman have gotten really close recently, she is 5 years older than me but we get on really well. She ended her long relationship a few months ago and I was kind of there as a shoulder to cry on for her and since then we've become really close, I've never felt as close to anyone before as I have with her. Anyway she messaged me about 3 weeks ago to check I was ok when it was the anniversary of something bad that happened to me a few years ago and that really meant a lot to me and I told her so.

Anyway since then she has been really cold with me I have been getting the impression that she doesn't want to talk to me and maybe I have done something to annoy or upset her and it's driving me crazy.

This weekend I am going on holiday for a fortnight and I kind of don't want to go without talking to her because she is all I can think about but at the same time I don't want to message her in case we fallout and it puts me in a sad mood on my holiday.

What should I do? Should I message her or should I not?
Reply 1
do you think she is avoiding you because she knows you like her not just as a friend?
Reply 2
Original post by khuman97
do you think she is avoiding you because she knows you like her not just as a friend?

I don't think so because I mentioned about us going out for drinks when I get back and she seemed up for it. And I have made it known that I like her for ages.
Reply 3
Well leave it at that. Return & go for drinks as arranged

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I don't think so because I mentioned about us going out for drinks when I get back and she seemed up for it. And I have made it known that I like her for ages.

then go for it i dont see the reason why not, she might be going through something or as you said you might have dome something without realising so sorting it out sooner is better
Reply 5
Original post by khuman97
then go for it i dont see the reason why not, she might be going through something or as you said you might have dome something without realising so sorting it out sooner is better

Thanks. The problem is I don't know how I could have annoyed her when I haven't even spoken to her.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Well leave it at that. Return & go for drinks as arranged

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is the correct answer.

Instead of torturing yourself trying to read her mind, go away, have a good time and bring some good stories back for when you next have drinks.
message her, smash some eggs
Reply 8
Original post by Elivercury
This is the correct answer.

Instead of torturing yourself trying to read her mind, go away, have a good time and bring some good stories back for when you next have drinks.

But how can I arrange to go for a drink with her if she wont talk to me?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
But how can I arrange to go for a drink with her if she wont talk to me?

If she is airing your messages then she obviously doesn't want to speak to you for whatever reason so I would just leave it
Original post by Dann_a
If she is airing your messages then she obviously doesn't want to speak to you for whatever reason so I would just leave it

Leave it forever or a few weeks until I get back from my holiday and try again?
Original post by Dann_a

You said you'd go for a drink when you got back. Message her when you get back. If she doesn't respond then you've got your answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending