The Student Room Group

HELP- Do these sound like a good combination of A-Levels?

I'm applying for colleges soon, and I want to have a clear idea of what A-Levels to study. So far, I'm thinking:
- English [Combined]
- History
- Politics
- Law

Do these sound like a good combination?
Any help is much appreciated.
:smile:
Original post by milibands
I'm applying for colleges soon, and I want to have a clear idea of what A-Levels to study. So far, I'm thinking:
- English [Combined]
- History
- Politics
- Law

Do these sound like a good combination?
Any help is much appreciated.
:smile:

They're a great combination as they compliment each other well. Do you know what course you want to do at uni?
Reply 2
Original post by Platopus
They're a great combination as they compliment each other well. Do you know what course you want to do at uni?

Law.
Law.

Then those choices sound ideal :smile: good luck
Law doesn't need an particular subjects. But your subjects are the perfect choices for it. However im not sure about the Law A-level. Apparently unis would prefer you not to do it at A level and do something like Politics instead. (Which you are doing) But its your fourth alevel so it wouldn't matter.
Reply 5
Original post by Kholmes1
Law doesn't need an particular subjects. But your subjects are the perfect choices for it. However im not sure about the Law A-level. Apparently unis would prefer you not to do it at A level and do something like Politics instead. (Which you are doing) But its your fourth alevel so it wouldn't matter.

Actually unis don't really look at politics as a faciliating subject either.
Law.

They're fine, you have two faciliating subjects plus two that may further your knowledge in your field. You're good to go
Original post by rxns_00
Actually unis don't really look at politics as a faciliating subject either.

They're fine, you have two faciliating subjects plus two that may further your knowledge in your field. You're good to go

I know its not faciliatating. He already has History and English. I just heard that they would prefer the Politics more than Law.
Reply 7
Original post by Kholmes1
I know its not faciliatating. He already has History and English. I just heard that they would prefer the Politics more than Law.

Do you have a source?
I doubt one is preferred over another. Maybe economics or geography which are more traditional would be preferred but generally there isn't much of a difference. Plus he's doing both so it doesn't really matter anyway
Original post by rxns_00
Do you have a source?
I doubt one is preferred over another. Maybe economics or geography which are more traditional would be preferred but generally there isn't much of a difference. Plus he's doing both so it doesn't really matter anyway

I can't remember where I heard it. Im probably wrong. I just heard that unis would prefer it if you don't do law. But like you said hes doing both so it doesn't matter.

Quick Reply

Latest