The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Does it matter that I have used g=9.8 instead of g=9.81
Original post by Ligand
Does it matter that I have used g=9.8 instead of g=9.81

9.8 is fine, its 10 that they penalise people for using ;p
Was there a single written question in that paper? What a load of *******s. Spent hundreds of hours remembering 20 pages of 4 mark questions and not 1 came up. Go **** yourself ocr
ive lost 9-12 marks

will this be 90% UMS?

I need that 90% minimum :s-smilie:
Original post by AlexeiLipov
I can't remember how many marks the graph sketching was, I think 1 mark. So you only lost 1 mark because the other parts of the question you will get error carried forward.

Graph was 2 marks
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Why would the epe ke graph not start ay y=0 you ****ing retards ocr why, who is that dumb that they don't start a graph at 0.

It's actually because the springs are always in tension.
Original post by justthatboy
Yh basically point c is the common centre of mass. so all the weight appears to act from there, hence why the planets orbit around that point. So consider at point C there is a large star of mass ( m1+m2) and then you use keplars law and centripetal force to work out m2(s2)

How much was it out of?
I used M as M1 opposed to M1+M2, so im ****ed.
Really, really panicking now as I've dropped so many bull-**** marks where I know what I'm doing and have a lapse in concentration.
Rip A*
Original post by EricPiphany
It's actually because the springs are always in tension.

I don't see why they try so hard to trick us. Test me on knowledge not the ability to see through your tricks
Anyone got a link to an unofficial mark scheme doc? Is there one of the doc thingies where everyone can edit it?
Original post by calcumm
ive lost 9-12 marks

will this be 90% UMS?

I need that 90% minimum :s-smilie:

Do you mean 81 UMS? I'd be incredibly surprised if an A* is higher that 46 tbh
I don't see why they try so hard to trick us. Test me on knowledge not the ability to see through your tricks

Agree, on all the past papers I got 58+. This year I'll be lucky to scrape 100% ums. Consistently testing how well you can answer a paper, opposed to your knowledge of the spec, it's disgusting.
Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Reply 412
for the SHC question did you have to put units or was it given ?
For the fireman question i did 8.3gsin55 + his weight ( how many marks would that be)
and for the internal energy i put that in an ideal gas internal energy is just kinetic energy and that kinetic energy is proportional to temperature hence IE is also proportional to temperature (would that be two marks)

It's like this on every physics paper, most of the questions are tricks, they try to get you... It's a game.
'Oooh yeah let's give it in celsius tgat'll do them... how about give them that as km instead of m, oh yeah baby, listen guys ive got a brilliant one for the specific heat capacity question...' - overheard at OCR main office.
Do you mean 81 UMS? I'd be incredibly surprised if an A* is higher that 46 tbh

Yes. 90% is 81.

What makes you believe 46 A*?
Original post by EricPiphany
It's like this on every physics paper, most of the questions are tricks, they try to get you... It's a game.
'Oooh yeah let's give it in celsius tgat'll do them... how about give them that as km instead of m, oh yeah baby, listen guys ive got a brilliant one for the specific heat capacity question...' - overheard at OCR main office.

If they filled that paper up with normal questions I'm positive I would have aced it. It's always enw questions you've never seen before and units they deliberately try to **** you over on. It's so stupid
Surprising how many people are scared that they missed the A* whilst others are contemplating whether they got an A or simply did well enough to even get into their choice unis :s-smilie:
Original post by speed1✈️✈️
Surprising how many people are scared that they missed the A* whilst others are contemplating whether they got an A or simply did well enough to even get into their choice unis :s-smilie:

Different people have different goals and standards..
Original post by calcumm
Yes. 90% is 81.

What makes you believe 46 A*?

Well I think it's fair that A* at 46. I would say cap is 52. Mathematical papers suit maths students. There are also papers that go against maths students (wordy crap), so this evens out. I found the paper very straight forward.

Quick Reply

Latest