19,D
20,A
21,A
22,D
23,C
24,B
25,D
anyone get the multiple choice q?
what do people think the grade boundaries will be. some are saying its high but i think it will be lower or the same as last years (54 for an a*) i cant see how it will be higher
Reply 1483
i ticked the third box (cant remember what the question was tho) is that right????
does anyone know why we had to write all details and hand in our multiple choice question papers?
Can someone explain why V is not = -mv/N surely mv=-NV so -V=mv/n so V=-mv/N?
what is the answer about the beta - thing. i said a proton is created by neutron and electron is released, the recoil speed is negligble because neutron turn into proton
Will 45 marks get me a B , please tell me someone :frown:
for the graph i ****ed that q up but will i get a mark for saying that the g is 9.81 on the earth like marking it on the y axis
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I said 4F and X to Y

I said 2F i think from X to Y :s-smilie:
For anyone still wondering, the velocity of the recoiling nucleus was V, in the opposite direction to the alpha particle. The magnitude of the recoiling nucleus velocity was V but the velocity, taking right being positive, is -V. Therefore, 0=mv-NV and V=mv/N
Original post by dirtydawg5

0=mv - NV
adding NV to each side gives NV = mv
Reply 1492
Original post by marioman
No, once you reach the 120 UMS boundary then you can get no more UMS from that paper.

That's a relief. Would've got 72/73 assuming all MC correct but the blank page before the last question threw me, only realised there was an extra question with a minute left..
surely someone has the questions or a copy of the multiple choice

By my understanding, V and v are not velocities themselves. They are the magnitude of the velocity. It is only the velocity once the direction of the arrow is taken account of. The two arrows were in opposite directions hence the velocities were -V and v (or V and -v depending on whether you take right or left as positive). So NV - mv = 0 ==> V = mv/N.
does anyone have the questions themselves along with the answers to the multpile q because letters aint really helping me in determining my mark
Original post by Jordenwilder1998
what is the answer about the beta - thing. i said a proton is created by neutron and electron is released, the recoil speed is negligble because neutron turn into proton

Hmm, I said force of electrostatic attraction between beta particle and nucleus would affect momenta and final velocities.
Original post by johnthedog
For anyone still wondering, the velocity of the recoiling nucleus was V, in the opposite direction to the alpha particle. The magnitude of the recoiling nucleus velocity was V but the velocity, taking right being positive, is -V. Therefore, 0=mv-NV and V=mv/N

The question gave velocity, not speed. Therefore the direction is already taken into account with the velocity.

So it was definitely -mv/N

image.jpg
Original post by Questioner1234
momentum before is 0

mv-MV=0
mv=MV
V=mv/M

For an explosion mv+MV=0 not mv-MV?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending