The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by particlestudent
I said 2F i think from X to Y :s-smilie:

(I think) it was 4F unless I'm going mad. Because r^2.
Original post by DesignPredator
image.jpg

wont V and v have opposite sings and therefore the - will cancel to a +?
Original post by English-help
I got about 45? Will i get at least 80 Ums marks?

Based on the averages over the past 10 exams (starting at 2009, up to 2015), you will get 80+ UMS if you have 45+

I needed 90 for my offer, and I worked out the average mark for 90 UMS to be 48, so you'd definitely get 80 UMS with 45 if the grade boundaries don't exceed any of the past ones. :smile:
Original post by Jordenwilder1998
what is the answer about the beta - thing. i said a proton is created by neutron and electron is released, the recoil speed is negligble because neutron turn into proton

beta releases anti neutrinos which take away some of the energy
Original post by Euclidean
DBBDDDDBBCBACCCDBACAADCBD

Can anyone confirm with me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember there being like 4D's close to the start so yeah :biggrin:
Original post by dirtydawg5
wont V and v have opposite sings and therefore the - will cancel to a +?

No - remember, the sum of the momenta = 0 (given velocity and momentum are vector quantities).

So rhs or lhs should have negative sign.
Original post by dirtydawg5
Can someone explain why V is not = -mv/N surely mv=-NV so -V=mv/n so V=-mv/N?
i did the same
Original post by js.int
I remember there being like 4D's close to the start so yeah :biggrin:

Err could you confirm something for me, I think it was the first question in MCQ was it 5m/s?
Original post by Jay1421
Based on the averages over the past 10 exams (starting at 2009, up to 2015), you will get 80+ UMS if you have 45+

I needed 90 for my offer, and I worked out the average mark for 90 UMS to be 48, so you'd definitely get 80 UMS with 45 if the grade boundaries don't exceed any of the past ones. :smile:

Thanks you! :smile: I need 85+ in Unit 5 now which will be hard but i'll have to get it for my offer! :/
Original post by Cadherin
(I think) it was 4F unless I'm going mad. Because r^2.

Didn't it add 2nC to both the 2nC charge and the -1nc charge, so they became 4nc and 1nc... So i said one of the Q's doubled to give 2F, I don't think r changed :s-smilie:
Original post by 1017bsquad
Err could you confirm something for me, I think it was the first question in MCQ was it 5m/s?

Yeah I got that too
grade boundary estimates anyone im thinksing 53 for A* who agrees or strongly disagrees
Instead of using v and V I'll use v = 2, V = -1 for the velocities.

Everyone's saying mv - VN = 0
So V = mv/N
-1 = 2m/N

Since m/N > 0, this implies that -1 = 2 x positive constant.

What's going on? :redface:
For the 6 marker did anyone use an angle sensor and computer to find values of T accurately?
Didn't it add 2nC to both the 2nC charge and the -1nc charge, so they became 4nc and 1nc... So i said one of the Q's doubled to give 2F, I don't think r changed :s-smilie:

They do become 1nc and 4nc.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a different question, you're right.
Original post by js.int
Yeah I got that too
Ok i got scared for a moment xD, I didn't do well on this paper :/ couldnt even answer the time constant question... and the kinetic energy fml

Defo 2F and X to Y.
Original post by Jordenwilder1998
grade boundary estimates anyone im thinksing 53 for A* who agrees or strongly disagrees

In your dreams.
If my momentum formula V was completely wrong (as I thought N was the mass of the original) how many marks would I get for the kinetic energy one? Which I couldn't even prove but done loads of working.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending