The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

oh my god, the short section of physics das unit 2 on reflection, refraction and dispersion is so insanely mundane and boring. atleast earth and space is interesting.
if this paper goes as well as the unit 1 paper did, i predict there'd be a six marker on the two different models of the solar system. i pray that nothing big on transformers comes up. i understand how they work, i just cant explain it in a coherent way. its terrible.

looking at last years P2 paper fills me with fear. that paper looked horrific.
Original post by GoNinty
oh my god, the short section of physics das unit 2 on reflection, refraction and dispersion is so insanely mundane and boring. atleast earth and space is interesting.
if this paper goes as well as the unit 1 paper did, i predict there'd be a six marker on the two different models of the solar system. i pray that nothing big on transformers comes up. i understand how they work, i just cant explain it in a coherent way. its terrible.

looking at last years P2 paper fills me with fear. that paper looked horrific.

Lmao it is ket but i have them experiments all learnt now so its not too bad! I actually quite enjoy the electricity section and im hoping we get a 6 mark on the filament bulb or a metallic conductor. Have abs no notion for earth and space will be all done tomorrow aswell as electricity finished hope to god
Has anyone got last years TA Physics unit 1 paper? please i'm desperate!!
Anyone got predictions for 6 markers in TA Physics Unit 1 tomorrow??
Original post by wizardry9
Anyone got predictions for 6 markers in TA Physics Unit 1 tomorrow??

Fission and fusion. Probably an experiment question also. Last year a lot of the 6 markers were just equations.

I'm repeating and i've revised nothing apart from radioactivity. I'll need to take a look at some equations tonight.
Original post by jackcoys
Fission and fusion.

I'm repeating and i've revised nothing apart from radioactivity. I'll need to take a look at some equations tonight.

Thankyou!! I really hate the 6 markers, but fission and fusion could be okay... I'll have a good look at that now!
Fusion / fission came up as a 6 mark on the double award paper
that was an underwhelming physics exam

i mean the questions were literally so basic i forgot how to do them
Reply 1008
For physics SA these are my answers that i remember:
The cyclist max acc. =0.6
Forward force=36N
Mass= 60kg
Then car crash deceleration i got 15
And initial speed=30
The one about the force on the car hitting the tyres was something like 16666.67?
Then the initial velocity of the boulder=4
The energy lost in the efficiency question was 100N
i found that physics DAS unit 2 odd. people on twitter are saying they found it horrible.
the questions were alright. the six marker on charged rods was so simple that i literally dont think i was able to explain it in enough depth.
the movement of particles in a water wave (i just said perpendicular to the direction of wave travel) was difficult. other than the questions just... threw me. as in, they were really easy. especially the maths/working out questions.
i'm annoyed at the fact that there was so much on waves and light while also having so little on earth, space and electricity in the home. the latter two were my real strong areas.
that physics paper didnt bother me. im indifferent about it.

still have further maths paper 2 to go. i feel like i should be finished exams but i know im not. its a terrible feeling. why did i pick this subject again?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GoNinty
people on twitter are saying it was horrible.

i found it odd. the questions were basic. the six marker on charged rods was so simple that i literally dont think i was able to explain it in enough depth.

the movement of particles in a water wave (i just said perpendicular to the direction of wave travel) was difficult. other than the questions just... threw me. as in, they were really easy. especially the maths/working out questions.

i'm annoyed at the fact that there was so much on waves and light while also having so little on earth, space and electricity in the home. the latter two were my real strong areas.

that physics paper didnt bother me. im indifferent about it.

still have further maths paper 2 to go. i feel like i should be finished exams but i know im not. its a terrible feeling. why did i pick this subject again?

oh haha sorry i meant unit 1 i was repeating it today :smile:
Original post by jackcoys
oh haha sorry i meant unit 1 i was repeating it today :smile:

ah god, so much confusion! haha, no worries.
Yea i liked the star 6 mark was just about the nebula and i liked the charged rod, found it from a triple award paper and it came up for us lmao was unsure about the water wave direction and unit of the graph
Original post by Okdmd46
Yea i liked the star 6 mark was just about the nebula and i liked the charged rod, found it from a triple award paper and it came up for us lmao was unsure about the water wave direction and unit of the graph

yeah the six markers were good. i was unsure about the water direction and also what extra component should be added to that circuit. it was either between a resistor or a fuse but i thought why add a resistor when she was testing the resistance of the wire. i put fuse and said it was to prevent a large current damaging the wire. unsure if that'd be correct. i struggled with the units for the graph but after a minute put down F/C and that seems right.
Original post by GoNinty
yeah the six markers were good. i was unsure about the water direction and also what extra component should be added to that circuit. it was either between a resistor or a fuse but i thought why add a resistor when she was testing the resistance of the wire. i put fuse and said it was to prevent a large current damaging the wire. unsure if that'd be correct. i struggled with the units for the graph but after a minute put down F/C and that seems right.

Yea i done F/C without the dregrees sign, it was variable resistor i think so she can change current and obtain a range of values for plotting a graph
How did everyone find triple award physics? I repeated it and found it far easier than last year
TA Physics was lovely
Original post by Okdmd46
Yea i done F/C without the dregrees sign, it was variable resistor i think so she can change current and obtain a range of values for plotting a graph

yeah i said variable resistor too! Overall pretty good paper i think
Original post by gabrielealek
yeah i said variable resistor too! Overall pretty good paper i think

Definitely was! For the last question was step up used in generation of electricity? The current question i got like 106.6 recurring? Did u do the degrees sign for the unit? For the water wave how did u draw yout arrow
Original post by Okdmd46
Definitely was! For the last question was step up used in generation of electricity? The current question i got like 106.6 recurring? Did u do the degrees sign for the unit? For the water wave how did u draw yout arrow

didnt get that for the current question.. im not sure what one you are on about there was a few current ones?

Quick Reply