The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EricPiphany
How did physics go? @physicsmaths and whoever else did OCR.
Was OK for me, given that I didn't do any revision.

Think he does AQA physics
Original post by Messier31

Oh OK, either way...
I suppose I'm on my own then...
Oh OK, either way...
I suppose I'm on my own then...

AQA physics was alright, no errors in the paper which was an improvement on last year
AQA physics was alright, no errors in the paper which was an improvement on last year

Lol, for a moment I thought there was an error in the OCR paper, it was a question about a binary star system, and I read 'around the center, of mass C', but I was supposed to read 'around the center of mass, C'.

The one where they changed from ohms to kilo-ohms? That made me laugh. Also atleast it was the original paper, not like last year's Unit 5.

Anyway it was alright. Section A makes me nervous though because I can't remember my answers to verify them. How'd you find it?

He does Edexcel Physics haha
It was a weirdly easy paper 😮 fully expecting 120 UMS to be 80/80 lol
Lol, for a moment I thought there was an error in the OCR paper, it was a question about a binary star system, and I read 'around the center, of mass C', but I was supposed to read 'around the center of mass, C'.

Do you not need it for you offer?

Original post by 16Characters....
The one where they changed from ohms to kilo-ohms? That made me laugh. Also atleast it was the original paper, not like last year's Unit 5.

Anyway it was alright. Section A makes me nervous though because I can't remember my answers to verify them. How'd you find it?

Pretty confident I scored highly in section B, possibly dropped a mark on the six marker. Section A I didn't check at all because I didn't think it'd be worth the time but usually don't drop many if any marks on that so fingers crossed.

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
He does Edexcel Physics haha
It was a weirdly easy paper 😮 fully expecting 120 UMS to be 80/80 lol

Ohh my bad

I hate 'easy' papers, would much rather have a fairly hard low grade boundary one
(edited 7 years ago)
How did physics go? @physicsmaths and whoever else did OCR.
Was OK for me, given that I didn't do any revision.

It went well for me m8. Found it pretty easy, expecting 90UMS so I am pretty happy with that. I think you tagged the wrong person lol, physicsmaths does Edexcel afaik.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you not need it for you offer?

A in Physics or Chemistry. I did fine. It's the second exam of Physics and Chemistry that I might mess up, I'm hoping that a high UMS in the first exams can compensate.
I loved the binary star system question so much lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My physics paper was pretty straight forward. I am pretty sure I got 70+/80 somehow which should be an A*. 120 ums will be like 75 so hopefully i can get close. Edexcel btw. Can't believe it was that easy.

Pretty confident I scored highly in section B, possibly dropped one or two on six marker. Section A I didn't check at all because I didn't think it'd be worth the time but usually don't drop many if any marks on that so fingers crossed.

I think I've dropped about 5 in section B. Section A I have no clue. It's not usually an issue but for some reason I am anxious about it today.

What's your offer?
Original post by physicsmaths
My physics paper was pretty straight forward. I am pretty sure I got 70+/80 somehow which should be an A*. 120 ums will be like 75 so hopefully i can get close. Edexcel btw. Can't believe it was that easy.

I told you lads - physicsmaths is on Edexcel!

Congratulations m8, mine went pretty well too. I think it is full UMS. M5 tomorrow now, not feeling confident. Gonna try to grind past papers. I need to get better at rotational dynamics, that is literally the only thing which shits on me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
It went well for me m8. Found it pretty easy, expecting 90UMS so I am pretty happy with that. I think you tagged the wrong person lol, physicsmaths does Edexcel afaik.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going to remember who does what specification, I just saw him post a comment about his lack of preparation yesterday, so I tagged him to find out how he did.
I'm not going to remember who does what specification, I just saw him post a comment about his lack of preparation yesterday, so I tagged him to find out how he did.

Chill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I told you lads - physicsmaths is on Edexcel!

Congratulations m8, mine went pretty well too. I think it is full UMS. M5 tomorrow now, not feeling confident. Gonna try to grind past papers. I need to get better at rotational dynamics, that is literally the only thing which shits on me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ain't it on wednesday?
Original post by physicsmaths

It was actually a godsend! Watch when I lose stupid marks in written questions :-/
Original post by 16Characters....
I think I've dropped about 5 in section B. Section A I have no clue. It's not usually an issue but for some reason I am anxious about it today.

What's your offer?

You'd have to have done pretty badly in section A to bring 45 ish down to anything other than an A* so you should be fine hopefully.

A*A*A in any combination and a B in chemistry. What's yours?

I am chill.

I loved the binary star system question so much lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would if you're doing M5 lol.
You'd have to have done pretty badly in section A to bring 45 ish down to anything other than an A* so you should be fine hopefully.

A*A*A in any combination and a B in chemistry. What's yours?

Hopefully :-) Good luck to you also. I take it you are a Nat. Sciences offer holder?

A*A*A + 1,1 in STEP II and III. A* in Maths and Further.

Latest

Trending

Trending