The Student Room Group

AQA Physics PHYA4 - 20th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hattie28
For the limitation I put dampening due to air resistance? Also on the MC, for the pendulum which one would have the largest amplitude? Overall I found section B okay, but the MC tricky.

I put the one with the same length as the driver since it would resonate. B if I'm not mistaken.
what were the numbers involved in the first multiple choice question and what was the answer?
If my momentum formula V was completely wrong (as I thought N was the mass of the original) how many marks would I get for the kinetic energy one? Which I couldn't even prove but done loads of working.....
was the answer to the momentum of the alpha particle 1e-12 kgms-1?
What did you guys get for the question about the height above the surface of the Earth on like q11 or 13 of MC? I ran out of time so I just done A :s-smilie:
Original post by particlestudent
What did you guys get for the question about the height above the surface of the Earth on like q11 or 13 of MC? I ran out of time so I just done A :s-smilie:

4.2 something?
Original post by Blackmagic123
old momentum = 0
new momentum = 0
VN+mv=0
because the value of v and V already account for the different directions.
but the mark scheme will probably not care
V is not a magnitude, it said Velocity V

That's just because they don't want to use vector notation in A-Level physics. The velocity V acts in the direction < but has magnitude V. They've told you this by the diagram.

Original post by DesignPredator
It did say velocity I agree, BUT the arrows were in opposite directions!

^ Exactly.
greatly appreciated if we could all try and chip in with q number for mc and answer
ill start

1 - about elastic - D
Original post by particlestudent

If I recall correctly the answer was 3.6*10^7, I don't think it was A, sorry :frown:
Original post by tanyapotter
what did people get for the one with the right angled triangle in a gravitational orbit?

I think I put 4F. Used F= Gm1m2/r^2
Can I say for the disadvantage that the electrical energy is costly? What about the electron one when I said its mass is negligible
Original post by Jay1421
If I recall correctly the answer was 3.6*10^7, I don't think it was A, sorry :frown:

Yeah, you had to subtract the radius of Earth from the geostationary orbit (4.23x10^7) to give 3.6x10^7 metres.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CourtlyCanter
I think I put 4F. Used F= Gm1m2/r^2

The distance between then was sqrt(5) so the Force would be 1/5 of the force felt when they were closest together, giving an answer of 5F

(I think)
Original post by 1017bsquad
beta releases anti neutrinos which take away some of the energy

I don't know what the right answer is, but what I wrote was that the electron produced will travel at high speeds , electrons are of incredibly small mass, so i said the electron will act as a wave

I thought the thing with the neutrinos but isn't that still applicable to the formula because the two products still carry away all of the energy in the form of ke?
Original post by duncant
4.2 something?

Original post by Jay1421

Ah right, I think overall it wasn't that bad though (the multiple choice).
Original post by liverpool2044
greatly appreciated if we could all try and chip in with q number for mc and answer
ill start

1 - about elastic - D

that's correct. I would help but i don't think i got them all right and i don't remember what question was for which number
Could someone please reply to this.

For the first question the value of the resistor and time constant depended on the capacitor from the previous graph, so I worked all these out. However when I checked through I looked at the graph and worked out the capacitor to be very slightly different, will I drop any marks for not re-correcting the time constant and resistor or will it be fine?
what did everyone put for the box tick question. i cant remember exactly what it was but could someone clarify
what was the answer fopr the right angled triangle in the mc i put 3f
Original post by palacefloor
Could someone please reply to this.

For the first question the value of the resistor and time constant depended on the capacitor from the previous graph, so I worked all these out. However when I checked through I looked at the graph and worked out the capacitor to be very slightly different, will I drop any marks for not re-correcting the time constant and resistor or will it be fine?

There will be a range you can have. I had worked it out as 25/3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending